[SPOILERS] Major Storyline Inconsistency End of Act II

Blackholeskipper

Hey, I just noticed a problem with the plot. After you get invited to the party by the other blacklist bounty hunters and everything goes wrong, the Republic frames you with false accusations. You discuss where to lay low with your crew on the ship and basically decide that Empire space isn't safe anymore. Gault suggests working for the Hutts and Torian says no way, then bam! you get a transmission from Darth Tormen and are forced to pay him a visit since you're kinda out of options, right?

Well what about the MANDALORIANS?? I mean, why exactly are you forced to work with Darth Tormen? Since Mandalore's the one who introduced you to the other hunters and you're (likely) a Mandalorian yourself, why wouldn't you just go to him and have him help you out? Even if you rejected his offer to become a Mandalorian, he's still your best bet since you're his Grand Champion. It doesn't make any sense :confused:??

Wouldn't this be personal for him since the murdered hunters were his friends (or at least drinking buddies)? Plus, they had the privilege of working on the Blacklist so he at the very least made use of them.

Btw I'm not exactly sure if this is at the end of Act II since I've only finished Act I and got the rest from youtube vids.

Edited by Blackholeskipper

This doesn't bother anyone at all??? huh...

I'm bothered by it, but part of me expects holes like this in a MMO story. I might just be jaded after GW2 :p

You're right though... its a little too obvious and I have a theory as to why it might be that way. The conversation makes me think they might have considered adding him as a possible choice where he would be open and happy to assist you in clearing your name, whereas If you chose the somewhat less... gracious choice with Mandalore earlier, you might have been forced to play whatever games this random Darth had for you. See, if they had planned for a Mandalore alternative and then towards the end of development just said "**** it" due to some reason (lack of time, content, etc), they'd just pull every instance of that secondary choice out, leaving just the dialogue that is present in game currently with a big hole where the obvious choice is left out.

That's my theory anyways. I'd rather believe they were able to produce quality content and reality kicked said content in the nads instead of believing this was the best they could come up with...

One thing to consider is that after you meet Mandalore, he tells you he is leaves to fight the Empire's wars. He might be busy. And if he really is fighting alongside the Empire, and it is stated that the Empire is not safe, then you can't really ask him to hide you/protect you. Recall, though, he does send you some in game mail for killing the guys who killed the hunters at the party.

I agree, it does require some of the suspension of disbelief, but that kind of happens, even in the star wars films.

Asking someone who's probably sitting in the middle of one of the empires biggest fleets would probably get ya dead real quick... Like the moment you leave hyperspace near the fleet quick. Although at least seeing the option discussed would have been cool. lol i know i was like" this isn't a problem spirit of vengeance here i come! Wait.... were not going there? ***!"