Auction needs changing. Badly.

Shaiar

Hahaha, just wait until you find out its regenal also. Cant find mass items until you go back to where everyone is selling, to the main fleet. Other planets dont have as much

ha I have seen this in game. The trade network on nar shaddaa is called the Hutt Cartel Trade Network and has alot less then the Trade Network in the fleet. :confused:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

The Auction house has major issues with it

1) as everyone has said before the lack of a simple search feature and a long drawn out complicated drop down box is pissing everyone who uses this off.

2) Default settings do not exist, if i want to put in a 12 hour sale, the very next item is going to be defaulted back to 1 day, and there is no feature to remember prices, so if i put in an item for 2k credits the next item which is identical to the first, i have to re-enter the price.

i just want them to be universal across all planets, and i want each planet to have at least one kiosk. i hate having to travel to certain planets to sell items.

also, what would happen if it were cross-server? that way more stuff would be available, and more people would be buyers to items you're trying to sell.

i understand that this would make it overwhelming as to how much stuff is available, and how hard it would be to find what ou're looking for. but i'm sure there are ways they could combat this. putting in a search filter for example, as some have stated above.

another thing, why does it have to be in-house only? why can't a republic player sell an item to an imp and vice versa?

I spend a lot of my playing time with galactic network in mind, so I sure hope its functionality is improved. Currently, it is painful to use. Being able to search by armor slots would help a lot, and being able to filter type of gifts would also be huge for me.

/signed

Bioware please go look at WoW's AH and try to make it as easy to use as it is. Shift-click an item to search for it is a MUST.

ok first don't encourage plagiarism. not everything should be like the thing before.

I love this system I like it and can work it fine. I also like the fact its not an auction house.

You see the price you like the price you buy it simple. Auction Houses are a pain in the backside and need to be left out of the game. This MMO has the ability to have a really market involved not some rip off from WOW.

If you want AH's in your game go back to WoW.

seems like the first guy I qouted was asking to go back to wow.

Have you ever seen WoWs AH? It pretty great. ToR took quite a few things straight from WoW (which is what many successful games do; they borrow things that work from other games) , why not the AH functionality?

Seriously plagiarism is wrong quit stealing from others and quit telling people to do so.

and seriously this person is asking to be told to go back to wow, wow is awesome statements are asking for it.

/signed

The lack of usability in the auction house is easily the largest contributing factor in the frustration surrounding crew skills. If people cannot buy & sell materials and crafted items effectively, crew skills will continue to be underwhelming.

"Just wait for the economy to get off the ground." How many times have you seen that statement in these forums? If nobody can/wants to use the GTN, the in-game economy will NEVER get off the ground.

I've actually gotten used to it. The only thing I would change is more keyboard support - for example, you can't tab the level fields. You have to click on both fields and enter the level.

Price defaulting would be nice...

Beyond that, implement simple string search in addition to category search and we'll be golden.

it is true that the gtn is clunky and needs a slot search feature. however after learning a few "tricks" i can navigate it rather easily. i told my guildies how to seach using these tricks but will not post them.

too many people want to emulate wow which most people are familiar with but there are better ah in other games out there can serve us far more efficiently. personally i like unlimited posting times, unlimited posted items and have the buyer pay any ah fees. wow did none of these but another game out there did and they came out before wow. also this game is still around too.

if you close your "bag" then when your companion cames back from a mission it usually wont kick you out of the gtn. in this game you can only have two windows open at once. the mission one counts as a window while at the gtn. this is one trick i learned. (just have the gtn window open in other words)

personally i think the gtn will be "fixed" rather soon. i bet it is the next priority fix after the ui.

/signed

The lack of usability in the auction house is easily the largest contributing factor in the frustration surrounding crew skills. If people cannot buy & sell materials and crafted items effectively, crew skills will continue to be underwhelming.

"Just wait for the economy to get off the ground." How many times have you seen that statement in these forums? If nobody can/wants to use the GTN, the in-game economy will NEVER get off the ground.

No, the ease of gaining commendations along with the commendation vendors stocking a large (if not complete) range of blue (or better) equivelent gear is the largest contributing factor in the frustration surrounding crew skills, as that makes it so vendor bought stuff is as good/better than crafted. I would have argued commendations should solely be obtainable through raids or flashpoint dailies. That would go a ways towards improving crew skills right there..

I will say the 2 window limit is *also* extremely frustrating, especially combined with the fact that opening the GTN also (needlessly) opens your inventory.

All that said, from an infrastructure point of view, how the GTN works makes tons of sense. (other than the inability to filter by slot) The string search filter is an intensive process. I'd be willing to bet that aspect of the search is 100% clientside. The rest of the filters I'd suspect are entirely server side. So of course they want to narrow down the results before it sends the data clientside and does the hard/local one.

Edited by GnatB

This crappy AH is one reason I loved the Auctionator mod for WoW. This Auction house is the most clunky un user friendly piece of space garbage I have ever encountered. Hell the auction house for SWG was lightyears ahead of this games. You would think with all the excellent examples of trade systems in games that you would not try to reinvent the wheel. The trade center reminds me of an old copy of windows where everything had a sub menu to access anything.

For a game that was in Alpha and beta longer than most games have been live, its truly sad the game is not more polished, truly sad.

• 1 year later...
I have no problems finding what i need on the GTN. what are you guys doing wrong?

or is the problem is that it takes 30 seconds instead of 5 seconds? spoiled gamers.

No, you see the issue is that the poster before you is a necromancer who brought back a post from last January. Most of the points in this thread are likely irrelevant by since many of the complaints (such as search without selecting a category) has been fixed.

(Of course, things could still be better. Pooks actually made some good points like specifying quantity, being able to sort schematics by the crafted item level and a re-list button.)

Edited by Leonick

• 1 month later...
The current auction house structure is borked beyond repair. It really needs to be completely revamped. How they managed to make it worse than vanilla WoW's, I'll never know. And economy is an integral part of an MMO - and it could be improved so much with so little, that I have to ask myself what the hell they were thinking.

Also, is there any solid reasoning why the auction houses aren't cross-faction? Intergalactic Commerce picks sides, now?

It is not an Auction House, it has never been an Auction House - pet peave love of Star Wars the story and universe should always come first. I could really care less about MMO's and how this game compares.

Any more, I just use the Network for getting schematics I don't know. I've gotten some good stuff that way.

What I want to see, though, is a Show All option.

I've figured out a way to do that with schematics, just type schematic and they all come up. But when I go looking for armor...I don't know what the dern thing is called. I don't know what all is out there. I want to be able to say "Show me All Heavy Force-user Armor" or something like that.