datacron unlock legacy

beyondkilling

It's sad that when players want any new feature in game the first thing they say is "I will gladly pay for it"...don't you think legacy bound datacrons is something that should be included as a quality of life improvement and not a micro transaction?

Things like datacrons should be "found only" items. If people want the datacrons on other chars, they need to go get them. Here's hoping BW doesn't make everything in this game obtainable through the CS.

Things like datacrons should be "found only" items. If people want the datacrons on other chars, they need to go get them. Here's hoping BW doesn't make everything in this game obtainable through the CS.

did i say you dont need to find them? no i didnt you still have to FIND them but the legacy UNLOCK will UNLOCK them on your other toons aswell.

It's sad that when players want any new feature in game the first thing they say is "I will gladly pay for it"...don't you think legacy bound datacrons is something that should be included as a quality of life improvement and not a micro transaction?

Yes, I do. But sadly, I fear the days of getting anything we don't have to pay for (for more information, see Life Day "Event") are over.

I would not pay 1000 CCs for this desperately needed feature, but I might blow my monthly stipend on it if absolutely necessary.

Then they need to find a way to make them more exciting than "go here". Some of them I did find fun, but honestly I really don't want to waste those hours on multiple toons. I already feel like leveling on planets is a waste of my time. Only thing new I see is the class story. I much more prefer to do flashpoints and warzones to level as I like the group aspect of it. Then again I'm an old EQ1 player where everything past level 10 required a full group or roll a necro.

I love the +10 datacron. A few of the solo-ish ones are fun. But I really really really don't care to do another hot air balloon ride.

This legacy perk should be added. I would say add a whole new tab for them where you can "buy" them through legacy in groups or by planet. Then add group ones as their own perk. Which we only have one.

Seriously would like to see them add datacrons into every flashpoint/operation.

Yes, I do. But sadly, I fear the days of getting anything we don't have to pay for (for more information, see Life Day "Event") are over.

I would not pay 1000 CCs for this desperately needed feature, but I might blow my monthly stipend on it if absolutely necessary.

Agreed with this as well. There's a lot of room for new legacy perks. I don't think there's one that requires anywhere near the max legacy level. They have a lot of gaps to fill in there and a lot of ideas on these forms. (Legacy mounts/pets/bank/currency/datacrons/social gadgets)

Edited by Cindikle

No I definitely believe we should be paying out the nose for it. :jawa_tongue:

On that note, I would pay 2000 CC especially if I only had to get the +10 one on one faction for the whole legacy.

I'm gonna say no on this, and hope they do the same. This is content, not main content, but content none the less. And if they start giving out legacy "I did this once and don't ever want to do it again." purchases then we'll quickly have legacy valor, legacy rwz rank, legacy companion affection, and eventually legacy op gear/wz gear (yes I know it's nearly possible currently, but at least it still has to be repeatedly earned on A character, even if it's not the appropriate one and as far as I know they haven't yet even endorsed that as working as intended).

A legacy option to make getting the datacrons easier I would be fine with, but flat out give them to you? No way.

Character A goes through all the hard work in finding and obtaining all the datacrons.

Datacron Legacy Unlocks become available in Legacy window.

Characters B, C, and D (all belonging in the same legacy), unlock it through legacy unlocks so that they don't have to suffer the same misery all over again.

Character E, who is on another legacy (hence, on another server) does not get the benefit of the above legacy unlock.

It's not much different than the HK-51 legacy unlock feature,why is it so hard to implement / accept?

We are not saying that it should be given out freely to those who do not want to go and find the datacrons. All we want is the option that, once we have gone through the trouble in finding all the datacrons on one toon, we can share it via legacy with all our legacy toons.

did i say you dont need to find them? no i didnt you still have to FIND them but the legacy UNLOCK will UNLOCK them on your other toons aswell.

The point is that if your warrior found a datacron, there is no reason why your smuggler should get the bonus as well. If you want the bonus on your smuggler, then go get the datacron on your smuggler. They should be character only, and not legacy wide.

If you found every datacron on your 50, why should that new level 1 character start with all the stat bonuses?

Edited by Ratajack

And who in their right mind is going to hunt THE SAME datacrons on six characters ?

a) it's not fun

b) it's not fun

c) it's not fun

And who in their right mind is going to hunt THE SAME datacrons on six characters ?

a) it's not fun

b) it's not fun

c) it's not fun

I have done all datacrons on 3 toons now. its easy once you know where they all are. its about playing the game not buying your way through it.

a) it's not fun

b) it's not fun

c) it's not fun

You don't have to hunt the same datacrons on more than one character. You can choose to do without the stat bonuses they provide. If you want the bonuses, you have to put in the time on each character. I think that's very fair.

YES! Please make the datacrons a legacy unlock. I agree that we need to find the datacrons at least once but it is very time-consuming and boring to find them on multiple toons. I too like to level multiple alts but I definitely don't want to spend the hours and hours of time to find the datacrons on each toon.

/signed

:D

I have done all datacrons on 3 toons now. its easy once you know where they all are. its about playing the game not buying your way through it.

IF you enjoy doing boring, repetetive stuff all over again, hell, be my guest.

But DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT tell others that it is fun only because you find it fun.

IF you enjoy doing boring, repetetive stuff all over again, hell, be my guest.

But DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT tell others that it is fun only because you find it fun.

Nowhere did she say it was fun, only that it was easy once you know where they all are. Datacrons should not be legacy wide. The arguments of "it's boring" or "I already found them once" are just excuses to justify laziness.