Are EA going to make The Force Unleashed 3?

ilifus

Well The Force Unleashed was the Star Wars game i had fun the most + the story was really epic. The second game had not so good gameplay, but it was not so bad as well. The story was good but kind of short.

Do you guys think EA can bring us The Force Unleashed 3 and finish the story?

Well, if Star Wars still holds continuity in the high regard it has shown itself to have done in the past then I'd say yes, they have too. TFU II was left on something of a major cliffhanger in the sense that several loose ends were left dangling that, for the sake of continuity, need to be tied up. Namely:

• The existence of Rahm Kota, a Jedi, contradicts what Yoda said to Luke on his death bed: 'Luke, when gone am I... the last of the Jedi will you be.' This essentially means that Rahm Kota has to die somehow by the events of Return of the Jedi and given that he made no appearance in the previous films despite being a major part of the Rebel Alliance probably should be dead by the time of A New Hope.

• The existence of the Starkiller clone. Again similar reasons to Rahm Kota. He may not be a Jedi but he is a major force user, he sort of has to die or disappear too.

• Vader captured, pretty obvious here. Vader obviously somehow escapes from captivity given the fact he participated in several events afterwards. So this needs to be covered.

• Boba Fett. At the end of TFU II we see Boba Fett's ship detach from a hunk of space debris and set off in pursuit of the Rogue Shadow. What happens next? We need to know.

So yeah, I feel the TFU II was kinda setting itself up for a sequel and given its brevity was more of an interlude between two 'episodes' than a major installment. What's more they left several plot holes in continuity that need to be filled.

And personally, I'd love to see TFU III. TFU was a great game but fell short of excellent because it was hampered by pretty poor mechanics, however it had an excellent story and great voice acting and amazing visual design. TFU II corrected the game mechanic issues and pretty much perfected it and the visuals were even more stunning, but again fell short of its full potential but was too short and the story was not as good, though it had some great moments.

TFU III has the potential to combine the excellent story telling with excellent game mechanics and essentially fix the problems that are making it fall short of its full potential and make a really, really excellent game. Because really TFU should be an excellent game, they just haven't got it right yet.

Both games also sold pretty exceptionally well, so EA would be foolish not to monopolise on such an oppurtunity. And well know how much they love money. :jawa_wink:

i think the start of it would be like the start kotor2 when your ship is half destroyed(by boba fet) a droid has to save it (PROXY) then to save the crew you need to dock at an unknown place which turns out to be a rebel base which the empire has taken over without anyone knowing

i think the start of it would be like the start kotor2 when your ship is half destroyed(by boba fet) a droid has to save it (PROXY) then to save the crew you need to dock at an unknown place which turns out to be a rebel base which the empire has taken over without anyone knowing
I doubt it. Not saying this is a bad idea but TFU II isn't a RPG and as such doesn't try and make you feel like your the character. It will be a from a more detached, omniscient perspective which will likely explain events more clearly.

Still, I think TFU III would begin with Vader escaping with the help of Boba Fett. In fact I think Vader allowed himself to be captured so the Rebels would lead him straight to their base. He'll probably then escape and try to relay the information back to the Empire. Starkiller might try and stop him or deal with the consequences and will probably die in the process along with Rahm Kota.

I doubt it. Not saying this is a bad idea but TFU II isn't a RPG and as such doesn't try and make you feel like your the character. It will be a from a more detached, omniscient perspective which will likely explain events more clearly.

Still, I think TFU III would begin with Vader escaping with the help of Boba Fett. In fact I think Vader allowed himself to be captured so the Rebels would lead him straight to their base. He'll probably then escape and try to relay the information back to the Empire. Starkiller might try and stop him or deal with the consequences and will probably die in the process along with Rahm Kota.

Actually if this happens this suggests the same thing I always suspected that while Galen was stronger then the vader he fought in the first game (5 years before ESB) he was not actually stronger then what vader would become.

Actually if this happens this suggests the same thing I always suspected that while Galen was stronger then the vader he fought in the first game (5 years before ESB) he was not actually stronger then what vader would become.

Of course, Vader's prime is ROTJ. But anyway...yes there needs to be a 3rd, cause cliffhangers are no fun for anyone.

I would hope for a TFU 3. Too many cliffhangars. I agree with Beni on what he said about Vader allowing himself to be captured. We've seen Vader keep fighting after getting beat to a pulp, but here he practically gives up. I believe Vader allowed himself to be captured so that they would take him back to the rebel base.

Also, Beni, Yoda was wrong in his 'last of the Jedi' comment. Jedi Master K'Kruhk was a member of Luke's New Jedi Order. So technically, Kota doesn't have to die, but he should. :jawa_evil:

[*]The existence of Rahm Kota, a Jedi, contradicts what Yoda said to Luke on his death bed: 'Luke, when gone am I... the last of the Jedi will you be.' This essentially means that Rahm Kota has to die somehow by the events of Return of the Jedi and given that he made no appearance in the previous films despite being a major part of the Rebel Alliance probably should be dead by the time of A New Hope.

Actually, in one of the PSP Battlefront games, your character, X2, is a Jedi clone (sound familiar?) mentored by Rahm Kota, and Kota is actually at Yavin during the destruction of the first Death Star. AFAIK that game is held to be canon, though I could be wrong, but Starkiller is mysteriously missing (but just because TFU2 hadn't been released yet).

As to a TFU3, a resounding yes. Starkiller's story needs to be resolved, and Boba Fett and the Dark Apprentice are still out there. Plus, Vader can never reach Dantooine, because the Empire didn't know about the Rebels' Dantooine base by ANH.

[*]The existence of the Starkiller clone. Again similar reasons to Rahm Kota. He may not be a Jedi but he is a major force user, he sort of has to die or disappear too.

I don't think Starkiller is a clone, because Darth Vader already brought him from the dead in the first part. Remember he joined the dark side to save Padme. So maybe he learned how to bring people back thought.

Needs to be done. I mean kota AND starkiller have to go down before Luke joins the Rebellion. Otherwise I am SURE Obi-Wan would of directed Luke to Kota before sending him to Dagobah.

Things must be settled.

Kota will go down, but starkiller may have a different destiny who knows. He may retire somewhere safe with Juno, or or she may die and he goes dark again. Or he saved her but imprison himself somewhere for 20 years by doing so. Well i can think of a few more endings but i am sure EA can do it better.

These are some pretty good ideas and comment. If this game does come out I would like to see that when you play as starkiller I would to see some new mechanics. I am thinking of being able to use punches and kicks, to join your lightsabers to make a saberstaff, and to be able to pick up other weapons like blasters, techstaffs, Vibroblade, etc. as you kill enemies.

I hope the horrible pain that is TFU is forgotten and buried with a 20 ton slab of carbonite.

This. The Force Unleashed seems just like bad fan fiction (like the vast majority of the EU around and after the movies).

Edited by Emperor-Norton

This. The Force Unleashed seems just like bad fan fiction (like the vast majority of the EU around and after the movies).
I am very curious to know exactly why people think that TFU has a poor story when it one an award from the Writers Guild of America for Best Video Game Writing...

Well, if Star Wars still holds continuity in the high regard it has shown itself to have done in the past then I'd say yes, they have too. TFU II was left on something of a major cliffhanger in the sense that several loose ends were left dangling that, for the sake of continuity, need to be tied up. Namely:

• The existence of Rahm Kota, a Jedi, contradicts what Yoda said to Luke on his death bed: 'Luke, when gone am I... the last of the Jedi will you be.' This essentially means that Rahm Kota has to die somehow by the events of Return of the Jedi and given that he made no appearance in the previous films despite being a major part of the Rebel Alliance probably should be dead by the time of A New Hope.

• The existence of the Starkiller clone. Again similar reasons to Rahm Kota. He may not be a Jedi but he is a major force user, he sort of has to die or disappear too.

• Vader captured, pretty obvious here. Vader obviously somehow escapes from captivity given the fact he participated in several events afterwards. So this needs to be covered.

• Boba Fett. At the end of TFU II we see Boba Fett's ship detach from a hunk of space debris and set off in pursuit of the Rogue Shadow. What happens next? We need to know.

So yeah, I feel the TFU II was kinda setting itself up for a sequel and given its brevity was more of an interlude between two 'episodes' than a major installment. What's more they left several plot holes in continuity that need to be filled.

And personally, I'd love to see TFU III. TFU was a great game but fell short of excellent because it was hampered by pretty poor mechanics, however it had an excellent story and great voice acting and amazing visual design. TFU II corrected the game mechanic issues and pretty much perfected it and the visuals were even more stunning, but again fell short of its full potential but was too short and the story was not as good, though it had some great moments.

TFU III has the potential to combine the excellent story telling with excellent game mechanics and essentially fix the problems that are making it fall short of its full potential and make a really, really excellent game. Because really TFU should be an excellent game, they just haven't got it right yet.

Both games also sold pretty exceptionally well, so EA would be foolish not to monopolise on such an oppurtunity. And well know how much they love money. :jawa_wink:

TFU is not considered canon in anyway, AFAIK. Meaning, the game is just there to make a made up story for entertainment. I can't remember the source of this however.

TFU is not considered canon in anyway, AFAIK. Meaning, the game is just there to make a made up story for entertainment. I can't remember the source of this however.
Not exactly. TFU is C-Canon or continuity canon. C-Canon can be overidden by T-Canon (Television canon) and G-Canon (George Lucas canon) but it still remains a part of Star Wars continuity and therefore does bear some weight.

So yes, in terms of the Star Wars universe, those events did happen.

Not exactly. TFU is C-Canon or continuity canon. C-Canon can be overidden by T-Canon (Television canon) and G-Canon (George Lucas canon) but it still remains a part of Star Wars continuity and therefore does bear some weight.

So yes, in terms of the Star Wars universe, those events did happen.

I seem to recall someone from LucasArts stating that the game and it's story is a "what if" scenario rather than actual canon.

I seem to recall someone from LucasArts stating that the game and it's story is a "what if" scenario rather than actual canon.
The Force Unleashed and the Force Unleashed II were designed to fill the gaps between RoTS and ANH i.e. explain the origins of the Rebellion etc. it was approved by George Lucas so we can assume that its C-Canon. Though it should be noted that gameplay does not count as canon, and for that reason the novelizations are the most reliable sources regarding what's canon and what's not. Though events happen pretty much the same (in most cases) minus the overblown Force powers which was essentially merely a game mechanic.

The Force Unleashed and the Force Unleashed II were designed to fill the gaps between RoTS and ANH i.e. explain the origins of the Rebellion etc. it was approved by George Lucas so we can assume that its C-Canon. Though it should be noted that gameplay does not count as canon, and for that reason the novelizations are the most reliable sources regarding what's canon and what's not. Though events happen pretty much the same (in most cases) minus the overblown Force powers which was essentially merely a game mechanic.

Don't know from where I got the impression that it wasn't, was certain I read an official statement somewhere so had to look it up. You're right, Lucas himself said the story is canon so I was wrong. Carry on.

Actually, in one of the PSP Battlefront games, your character, X2, is a Jedi clone (sound familiar?) mentored by Rahm Kota, and Kota is actually at Yavin during the destruction of the first Death Star. AFAIK that game is held to be canon, though I could be wrong, but Starkiller is mysteriously missing (but just because TFU2 hadn't been released yet).

As to a TFU3, a resounding yes. Starkiller's story needs to be resolved, and Boba Fett and the Dark Apprentice are still out there. Plus, Vader can never reach Dantooine, because the Empire didn't know about the Rebels' Dantooine base by ANH.

I'd imagine Boba Fett disabled Galen's ship before it got to Dantooine; I mean he was in close pursuit.

Plus the Dark Apprentice was probably on their ship too - he was cloaked the entire time.

Edited by Eillack

I'd imagine Boba Fett disabled Galen's ship before it got to Dantooine; I mean he was in close pursuit.

Plus the Dark Apprentice was probably on their ship too - he was cloaked the entire time.

While in hyperspace? Or do you mean disabling the ship before it actually got onto the planet?