Bw reverts repair cost change and offers limited time refund!!!!!!!!!!

AshlaBoga

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your feedback on the changes to repair costs introduced with Game Update 1.7. Upon review, we agree with you that repair costs did become too high with this latest Game Update. To that end, we will be making a change to how these repair costs are calculated, starting with our next scheduled maintenance. Repair costs will now be calculated based on the combined value of all the mods installed in the shell, excluding the value of the shell itself. Players will see a noticeable reduction immediately after the change goes in.

Additionally, we’d like to apologize for the inconvenience that we introduced.

As a thank you for your patience during this time, we will also be reducing ALL repair costs by 50% once the aforementioned change goes in with the next scheduled maintenance. This will last all the way through until early access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel launches.

Your feedback is important to us, and we hope that this resolution alleviates the repair costs concerns. Thanks again for your patience.

Quoted from Joveth's Dev Track Post

Edited by AshlaBoga

Also not a revert. Sounds like they are just refactoring repair cost calculations again, but in away that costs less and makes a level of sense.

Without being either a revert or a refund, not much left of your thread title ;)

Edited by -Sirus-
correctness

If you''ll ask suspicious me, after recalculations and end of 50% discount, repair prices will still be much higher then pre-1.7 and not that much lower then post 1.7.

Frontal assault failed, so now we are being flanked. People will subconsciously accept that they repair cheaper only due to discount that will eventually end ,thus when it will indeed end, repair prices almost identical to ones we have right now will not cause such an outcry .

Eesh. So much nitpicking. He's just trying to bring this to more people's attention. A lot of people don't check the dev tracker, so it's a good thing.

Agreed. The point is, they heard you and they are doing something about it. Not only acknowledging it, but reworking the repair costs and discounting it even more.

So... there you go. I thought we would see more posts positive about the change and a few more thank yous. And... of course a few peeps patting themselves on the back too. :D

No I don't thank EAware for blatantly gouging and lying to its playerbase about the repair cost calculations, and then facing the huge uproar backpedaling like there is no tomorrow.

Why should I thank them? It would be like thanking the guy who just mugged you in the street for hitting you then he stop bashing your head against the wall and you tell him thank you?

The people I thank are all the players who caused such an outcry that they forced EAware to back down.

THANK YOU, THE PLAYERS, FOR MAKING YOURSELF HEARD.

No I don't thank EAware for blatantly gouging and lying to its playerbase about the repair cost calculations, and then facing the huge uproar backpedaling like there is no tomorrow.

Why should I thank them? It would be like thanking the guy who just mugged you in the street for hitting you then he stop bashing your head against the wall and you tell him thank you?

The people I thank are all the players who caused such an outcry that they forced EAware to back down.

Amen sir...Amen!!!

Your subject title made this news sound way more cool then it really is. However, I am quite happy to hear about the different repair calculation plan and the 50% (sale?) that they plan to give us. So thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Yea if they wanted to COMPLETELY screw anyone wanting to use group finder, this was definitely one of the ways to do it.

Insane repair costs only end up making the game more elitist and less approachable to the people who may not be good at finding a guild to play with. And not because of something specifically better gamewise about being in a guild, but because the repair costs are so insane people only want to trust certain people to play with to know there is NO chance of a death or a wipe that is going to pretty much negate any financial gain they may have made from running the FP or Op or whatever.

Making the game more grindy is not the answer to game economy issues. If someone has to grind for 3-4 hours to work up cash to pay for repairs if they have a death or two or a total wipe in endgame content they are going to loose ALOT of people.

I am glad they realized quickly what a moronic mistake this was but i'm not holding my breath to see what the repair costs are AFTER they fix it. Especialy AFTER this discount goes away.

Already because of this issue i'm having to wait 5 mins on average in groupfinder to get a HM FP and i'm a HEALER ffs. I'd say about half or more of the players have simply quit running endgame except in guild groups till this is fixed. And i'm hoping they fix this fast enough there is no mass exodus of people from the game in the meantime so after it's fixed I can get back to some more normal play.

The new system will take the mods into consideration and not the shell. I expect the costs won't be as cheap as before but as long as they aren't what they are now that's good. Pleased they took this on board as this was THE deal breaker for me and I didn't think there would be one. I really don't like the dailies :)

"""Already because of this issue i'm having to wait 5 mins on average in groupfinder to get a HM FP and i'm a HEALER ffs""

Same mate and god forbid your OP falls apart at the final boss of KP or EV. I've been in GF for 4 days and still not had a group as healer and dps. Needless to say I'm not even getting my weekly ops missions done now.

Edited by thomasbaxter

Ah... there it is. Thank god you saved the game. :D