(Biochem) What should I be trying to sell?

NesisLegend

Hey, even though I'm new to the game I would like to know what my profession can make that would sell on the GTN. I've seen other threads but they seem to be outdated by like 10 months. Any advice or tips would be awesome! Edited by NesisLegend

The problem is the answer changes; it's better to learn how to watch the market so you can adapt when it changes or you'll be back here in 2 weeks aasking again.

I'm leveling a new toon with biochem so I'm in the same boat and so far casually selling excess product I haven't found a niche. The market seems saturated with medpaks and stims, at least in the lower biochem levels; I think the level 2-4 materials are worth more than what you craft with them. Haven't gotten into implants yet, I hope there is some demand there.

The best advice I could give is to spend an hour one night just scanning through the GTN looking at prices people are selling stuff for at each level and each quality level. When you find some that sell high or there is nothing for sale (high demand) test out by selling 3-4 items in that niche and see how long it takes or them to sell.

From other skills I can say that the 20-40 range usually has the highest demand (except for rare +50 gear you can't do yet).

With Biochem you will make a good amount of money selling the blue medpacks. These usually heal character + companion so they sell very good on the GTN. Some will also have a main heal then add a certain amount of HP over time.

Outside of that making some good blue or purple implants is where you can make some good money as well. My selling of implants was pretty good up until level 45 at which point most people won't buy the 46-50 implants they will wait to get the Rakata/Columi or the Recuit mrk II ones from PVP.

Though I will say with my most recent alts I haven't trained a crafting skill at all. I trained in 3 different gathering skills then I sell all the resources I find on the GTN. I have made a pretty good junk of change this way. There are always crafters out there looking for mats! ;)

Edited by LukeSaberRattler

Be sure to have a few toons running around with Gathering skills only. The mats you get from them can be sold for good prices on the GTN! I recently sold a stack of 99 green goo, a mat gained from Bioanalysis, for 15k and before a stack for 20k. Someone really wanted to have a lot of green goo :) desperately.