Gathering node issue: Why don't they despawn?

DrRon

I was hoping this was a glitch.

Once a node is gathered, can BW find a way to not have it marked on my map. It's getting frustrating, when I see a node on my map, get to it, and then can't gather it.

Maybe have them despawn the node in the environment AND on my map, such that when a new node spawns, I only see that one, and then it disappears again when someone gathers it.

Sounds good, right?

Of course it's a problem, it's just a bug. They'll get around to it eventually.

I would like to see a bug acknowledged by Bioware before I'll just sit back and wait.

This is a problem with every MMO I've played... You do your best to report bugs but the reports go into a black hole. Every once in a while, they might get an acknowledgement or make it onto a known issues list but for the most part, there's complete silence. To make matters worse, all reported bugs don't get fixed.

I have worked with other projects where there was an external bug reporting system. You could see what bugs had been reported by other customers and you could see when they were acknowledged as bugs and even when they were fixed! This isn't airing dirty laundry, its interacting with your customer base in a positive way!

My guess is that the nodes are gathered, but the materials aren't removed (due to the gatherer having a full inventory, or not auto-looting, or some other reason). This causes the resources to still exist, thus preventing the node from despawning, but locking the lootability of the node to the original gatherer.

My guess is that the nodes are gathered, but the materials aren't removed (due to the gatherer having a full inventory, or not auto-looting, or some other reason). This causes the resources to still exist, thus preventing the node from despawning, but locking the lootability of the node to the original gatherer.

Your guess would be wrong. Sorry.

His guess was also my guess, only because every node I COULD gather, after I gathered it, it despawned. I've yet to find one I could gather and have it stay around after I did.

Same. And trust me, I've gathered a LOT of nodes across my 5 different characters. The only time it hasn't despawned almost instantly is if my inventory is full and I can't pick them up.

My biggest issue with the bug is that, as noted in the last post, it will prevent any other nodes from spawning - for example, I've been in one area with 3 nodes and successfully gathered all 3, but then when going through the same area with another character, only 1 was available - the other two weren't clickable. It makes it harder to level up the gathering crew skills because it limits the ones we can actually get resources from.

We had a Customer Service post on this, in that forum. If you want to talk about bugs, in the future, it might be best to use that forum. It is on the list and they are working on it. Patience is a virtue. Trust me, I'm like a squirrel going after a nut when ever I see those nodes, so it is definitely a little frustrating, but just keep moving. One thing I have noticed is that they will eventually reset, but it can take hours. It is either that or I switched instances and didn't realize it.

This was definitely an issue in beta.

I can only speculate that there were other game breaking, world ending bugs that got higher priority than such a trivial thing as crafting resource gathering post launch... ;)