Dread Masters Look Ridiculous

Cyron

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Weird" is about right. I understand wanting to make them look more unique, but this latest version of them is just ... well. It's weird.

Maybe if the mouths didn't move and the color scheme was darker, it would work for me, but as they are now they're just ... well. Weird.

If it was trully à mask I would not be bothered! But this "mask" is part of their face. As if they are genetically mutated aliens...

(and I was under the impression that the Sith were mostly Human/pure blood fascists)

They do look a little weird, but I think it's mostly the coloring that looks bad. Also the way it's attached to their face is weird.

However my biggest problem is where they seem to be taking them story wise. More awesome Sith betraying the Empire. These guys bother me way more than Malgus, I thought they were the coolest Sith Lords in the game.

I agree, it was fine before, but the new mask they just look rediciulous. I guess bioware has a new lead designer with 1.2. I mean the 1.2. armor sets look rediculous too. The game is becoming a super hero comic game...

Isn't this a Star Wars game? Bioware's art team doesn't know what Star Wars is apparently. Maybe they should be fired and design their own line of puppets... because that's what these new models look like.

Art team, "You're fired!"

take a look at the star wars comics, i recon the team knows where star wars is, most of thefans however only seen the movies.

Not saying that every piece in swtor is good looking, no it isnt, but to say it doesnt fit in the art of star wars, is also absurd.

I hate to admit it but I tend to agree with most of you here.

The old masks was better IMHO,even if they do look quite similar to some of the gears we can get. These new masks are hard for me to take seriously sadly. I was looking forward to meeting them if they become bosses in the future patches,but now not so much :/

I mean to me the old masks looked fear inspiring,the new ones looked less so.

Edited by plotenox

I agree, it was fine before, but the new mask they just look rediciulous. I guess bioware has a new lead designer with 1.2. I mean the 1.2. armor sets look rediculous too. The game is becoming a super hero comic game...
Maybe they hired a designer from WoW...

I remember being shown by someone at work the various armors his characters and classes were having... **** those armors were ugly as hell (even he said so) and had all the freaking colors of the rainbow.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly I have spent too much time only on lvling 1 character this whole time since the launch of the game, that when it came time to work on one of my closer to lvl 50 alts I happened to come across the revamp of the Dread Masters. And I'd have to ask..... "Why Bioware?" I'm really not trying to insult you guys too much but really? I'm sure there's plenty of other bugs or short comings we've all been waiting for 4-5+ months for, yet you guys tried to fix another once again that wasn't broken and screwed it all up. I honestly don't recall ever once hearing that they original appearance of the Dread Masters were terrible and needed an overhaul, so why the ninja revamp huh? Plus usually if you're going to attempt the revamp anything, it usually works out better when you make it better than before and not the other way around.

Any plans on making them better before the content calls for them again, even the very least returned them to the way they were before?

Well, I think their look kind of fits them. They are axe crazy and their masks look like that.

Kinda: They look ridiculous, they know they do. But they are so powerful, they don't care.

The old masks were just so... normal.

The problem isn't the masks. The problem is nothing else they were wearing changed. If Bioware was gonna slap some freaky looking helmets on them, they should have changed their outfits as well.

FEAR!

I think their outfit fits their new masks quite well.

Edited by Maaruin

• 3 weeks later...

I think to say that they are somehow funny is... wrong. You might find the humorous but load up with them the knowledge of who they are and what facing down with one of them would mean and they become terrifying. If the mouth moving is just a graphical glitch it is still cool. To me it paints them out to be something... less than human or alien. They're creatures of the darkside, giving up what it means to be a normal sentient. They've become with their mantra of fear and dread.

Plus it made them actually have character. Before they just looked like a group of inquisitors. Big deal. Now they really are something different. You can't get the armor to look like them (and given how some of ya'll are you don't want that, I get that but I would -love- to rock one of their masks). They are unique and threatening.

I think they look cool as well. Before they just looked normal, and not really coherent. Seeing as we're going to fight them in future patch updates if I fought their old look, I wouldn't even know they were Dread Masters. Now I do, because they're unique. As for the actual mask, it's definately not natural, but then again, it is the dark side.

My only issue is I feel the pvp robes need to be reskinned now (keep the red theme in the outfits, just make it work with the helms).

They look nice imo. They actually look twisted and different and they actually stand out (like Malgus) as not just another NPC in copy-paste robes from in-game (specfically PVP gear). Now I can actually appreciate them for who they are. My only issue is I feel the robes (the color scheme is fine) but the robes don't match well. If in the next update they "changed" their robes too, I would be happy. Actually make you antagonistic and "special" NPCs different Bioware! Malgus and Satele are iconic to this game because they stand out, do the same to the Dreadmasters.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
So...what do they look like now? Have they been changed back to their original look? I'm going to lvl a character soon and I'm kinda curious.

Nah, their the same as everyone is complaining about, gold mask and all that. I think they look fantastic, much better then the cookie cutter look everyone has now.

• 1 year later...

Ok, I actually HAD to google "DREAD MASTERS LOOK RIDICULOUS". They DO look like teletubbies!

Every time I slay a Geobeast, a Vorantikus, a Subteroth, I'm in AWE for the amazing art. When I saw the actual monster called Terror from Beyond I couldn't believe how awesome he looked - not to mention its incredible surroundings.

But THESE?? :rak_02:

I'd sooner called them the Inbred Masters... they look like total clowns.

BW, you tried too hard and ruined it. You could have taken the safe route and make them look like Nâzgul from Lord of the Rings or Dementors from Harry Potter... even The Joker is scary even though he is a clown.

Teletubbies!!!