The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

Master-Pappy

50 Years Young cause of gaming, been playing since the bulletin boards , but got hooked with EQ when it 1st came out, played them all and now only SWTOR, and The Secret World waiting for the new Skyrim mmo and Wild Star. Live in Vegas and love coming home from work to log on to the Harbinger but I must confess, I am an altoholic cannot play one toon on any game I have ever played. I tend to solo in all mmo's and rarely group up and am ok with that. Have a great day all

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 years young. Retired Air Force then teacher. Saw the first Star Wars on the one day we were allowed to leave the base during basic training. First MMO was WoW, took the 20 year old at my regular coffee shop 6 months to convince me to try the game. Edited by Sphinxes

50 Years Young cause of gaming, been playing since the bulletin boards , but got hooked with EQ when it 1st came out, played them all and now only SWTOR, and The Secret World waiting for the new Skyrim mmo and Wild Star. Live in Vegas and love coming home from work to log on to the Harbinger but I must confess, I am an altoholic cannot play one toon on any game I have ever played. I tend to solo in all mmo's and rarely group up and am ok with that. Have a great day all

Bulletin boards! Haven't heard of those in a while. Back in the mid- late-80's I ran an 8 line BBS which was the largest in the Pittsburgh area, top 10 in the country (at that time) and the largest African-american run board in the US. BBS's didn't get me *into* gaming, but it sure kept it going. Trade Wars, Usurper, etc...

I'm a 42-year old defect metrologist. I get to work with a scanning electron microscope every day :)

My mom took me to see Star Wars in the theater when I was 6 years old.

Played EQ1, CoH/CoV, LOTRO, Secret World and now this. I duo with my wife when she feels like playing.

No kids--we ARE the kids :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad I found this thread. As a mid-40s Enterprise IT Service Professional with a few kids and my oldest looking at colleges, I feel right at home in this crowd!

While we do have members of all ages, Alea Iacta Est as a guild trends older on average. It's a mix I really appreciate. I like having a chance to reminisce with players that remember MUDs and played MMOs like Ultima Online and Asheron's Call at launch. :)

Edited by MaxTheGrey

50 years on this earth, Mechanical Design Manager and IT Manager. I work 50 hours a week and due to handicaps all I can usually do other than work is game so I do that about 50 hours a week also. I started gaming with BBS (bulletin board services) then messed around on Genie. First MMO was The Realm.

I honestly think that online gaming is a great way to keep you mentally cute or was that acute. We have a guy in our guild whom is 61. The greatest thing about MMO's are the chances you have to interact with others from different countries and cultures. After 20+ of gaming I can honestly say it really is a small world thanks to MMOs. While languages may differ, people are a lot closer to being alike than different. I geek is a geek no matter what language they might speak.

52 years, President of the United States.

Like most fathers of teenagers, I struggle to find ways of spending time with my children. Initially, I logged in TOR purely to have a common hobby with my daughters. Upon discovering I can kill Republicans in WZs, it became easier to find delights of more self centered nature as well.

As Hollywood movie named Fight Club and my wife both often remind me, " you are not your career". There is something saddening in way how eagerly middle aged men bring their professions even here, to a forum about a video game. How is i that even here, stating one's profession is viewed as most important and self defining aspect of your life.

Channge 2013!

Edited by Stradlin

43 year old Training Manager. Used to carry an Alienware lapper along with my business lapper on business trips to play COH/WOW.

42 software consultant here. If the trip's long enough, I'll take along an alienware along with the work machine. Bit of a pain to have to put each in their own tray at security.

Hi ... I guess I don't quite meet the criteria of the title as I will not be 45 for another 6 months.

I have worked in IT at various levels for the past 13 years. Everything from assembling custom-built PCs in a local small computer shop to my current positions as a Citrix administrator at a hospital here in my home town. I guess it makes me a bit anti-social, but I would still rather tinker with computers than spend time with most people I know. :D

I have played SWTOR since launch. It is only the 2nd MMO I have ever played. The only other MMO I have played was that "other" Star Wars MMO who's name shall not be mentioned.

I have Republic and Imperial toons spread across a few servers. Because I am a casual player and can't seem to pick a toon and class to stick with, I have only managed to get 2 toons to level 55. :eek: But I enjoy the game and will probably keep pecking away at it until something else with lightsabers comes along. :wea_03::csw_bluesaber:

Not quite in the club 45+ but 37 working for a major amusement enterprise in Central Florida. My daughter helped me design my characters which is pretty cool. We just starting watching Clone Wars together and I can't wait to pull her out of school to see Ep 7 like my parents did for me for Ep 6.

Still 5 years behind to become a member for the 45+ club. During the day, I'm a manager in a major media corporation in my country. When the sun sets, the picture changes completely :) I'm spending my hours surfing between the light or the dark side depending on my mood during the nights. TBH this is my first MMO. Resubbed after a few months of break and 120 days of play time for now. Time will tell the rest ;)

I think Everyone in my guild is over 30. Def know of a few in their 50's. I am a VP of an international software firm, and know quite a few ex pats who play. Although we are all in Asia and the lag is killing us :(.

Old enough to remember getting excited about going to see the 'space' movie in 1977..... Not quite eligible for the 45+ club, but if there is a 40+ club let me know.

Formally a project manager for a Local Government, before that I worked in the Health Service. Started off in the MMO field with SWG and EQ2, after brief encounters with STO and EVE I landed in SWTOR. I play both Dark and Light Side, but I do miss the ability to play as a Rodian as I could in SWG. :)

I am a 44 year old Female who works at a Not for Profit by day and designs and sells fashion at night. Lately, I have been enjoying my Jedi Sage who is 53 now (I think my signature says she is 37 or 38). When she gets to 55, by this weekend I will have the TRIAD (too bad I can't use them together). My next goal is to level a Jedi Knight to 55.

I have played all kinds of MMORPG's including Asheron's Call, Everquest (I and II), Wow, Rift, Secret World (which doesn't get the credit it deserves) and EVE,. I don't own a TV (and never have) and find 2 hours with SWTOR to be equal to the entertainment value of 500 hours of Survivor. That is why I play.

If I had a wish, it would be to have a steady three people to do flashpoints with me three nights a week so we could gear up all of our 55's together and can trust each other not to ninja-loot, and accomplish mutual goals. :)

Retired professional skateboarder. I'm only 37 but that's ancient in board years, I spend too much time and money on this game but I really don't have anything else to do atm. My next project in life doesn't start until April 2015 so I'm pretty much stuck playing SWTOR 8-10 hours a day and chilling with my cats (poor me).

Not quite in the club 45+ but 37 working for a major amusement enterprise in Central Florida. My daughter helped me design my characters which is pretty cool. We just starting watching Clone Wars together and I can't wait to pull her out of school to see Ep 7 like my parents did for me for Ep 6.

My dad did this to me in '78 for episode 4. It was awesome! Thanks for reminding me.

Edited by Marrius

TV writer. Turning 40 this year, so you've got me beat. I keep reminding myself that when I was first introduced to Obi-Wan, he was a 65 year old ******. So I'd like to think we'll all still be holding lightsabers for a few more decades... :)