It'd be nice for the romanced companions to acknowledge it.

Jynk

Nitpicky little detail alert:

Why don't the companion's acknowledge the romance once it's been completed? Something I liked in DragonAge was, after you were done romancing and you clicked on them, they would go from: "WHAT?" to "Yes, my love?" It was a little detail, but it made the completed romance feel worth something.

Now, if I click on say, Doc, I still get: "Everything's copasetic." LOL, thanks hon. Or Andronikus will occasionally say, "Let's...not talk." That's real romantic.

I shouldn't complain too much though. With the last patch, whenever I click on Aric Jorgan I now get nothing at all. Not a word. Radio silence. :(

Just a thought.

I really like the idea. It has always felt funny for me that once you have had all the conversations, companions don't really seem to even remember that they are married to you (well, after those few letters at least). Imo they wouldn't have to change all the things comps say, just add some romantic lines to the ones they repeat if you press them.

I really like the idea. It has always felt funny for me that once you have had all the conversations, companions don't really seem to even remember that they are married to you (well, after those few letters at least). Imo they wouldn't have to change all the things comps say, just add some romantic lines to the ones they repeat if you press them.

I would even settle with a couple more of those mail messages from them honestly. I wouldn't know but it doesn't seem like it would be too much trouble to type something up like that, but yeah some more lines from your romanced companion would be great.

Edited by Airmo

I would even settle with a couple more of those mail messages from them honestly. I wouldn't know but it doesn't seem like it would be too much trouble to type something up like that, but yeah some more lines from your romanced companion would be great.

More letters would be great! I always found those very sweet. Also, I'd like to be able to save those letters comps send and read them later for the nostalgia. I think I never even read what Quinn sent to my jugg, I got her to level 50 and didn't log in after that for a long time, I think they got autodeleted from the mailbox. :(

But yes, also once you're married, dated, what have you, it be nice if flirting with others actually affected them. Hell, maybe even had them leave you!

Sometimes this is actually true. Akaavi got so mad to my smuggler when I tried to flirt with a senator that I had to abort the conversation and change the companion I was using because I was actually afraid that she's gonna leave him. But if this would happen more often, it would be cool.

Why don't the companion's acknowledge the romance once it's been completed? Something I liked in DragonAge was, after you were done romancing and you clicked on them, they would go from: "WHAT?" to "Yes, my love?" It was a little detail, but it made the completed romance feel worth something.

Now, if I click on say, Doc, I still get: "Everything's copasetic." LOL, thanks hon. Or Andronikus will occasionally say, "Let's...not talk." That's real romantic.

I shouldn't complain too much though. With the last patch, whenever I click on Aric Jorgan I now get nothing at all. Not a word. Radio silence. :(

Just a thought.

Iresso, companion for the Consular, would say that my starting was getting weird, despite the fact we got married. Minor overlook the first time you heart it but after repeated times, it just gets... weird. :cool:

Do you really want them to call in a dozen voice actors for 10 seconds of work? Imagine getting a call from your agent to the tune of "yeah, we need you to drive across town to record 10 seconds of voice overs for this game."

Do you really want them to call in a dozen voice actors for 10 seconds of work? Imagine getting a call from your agent to the tune of "yeah, we need you to drive across town to record 10 seconds of voice overs for this game."

Angie Harmon did all her lines for Batman Beyond: RotJ over a phone. Sooo...why would they need to drive across town?

Have to agree something would be nice, it just feels half finished. Ok we dated, got married, and been together for another 5 levels, and yet we don't talk, or even sleep in the same part of the ship anymore is this what being married in the Starwars universe? As for them bringing in Voice actors for 10s of voice over work, seems they already have for Makeb as a lot of my companions had comments as I went around Makeb.

Actors can do it while recording lines for future story updates, so i don't see a problem here.

Just a thought.

This. This, times 100. The last straw on my Consular was when - having endured Iresso's inane (lack of) personality, my romanced female Consular got told to "back off" whenever I accidentally clicked on him.

It was essentially, "Yeah....no. I'm done with this character and her tofu-for-brains, and her preachy schoolmarm style of "leadership" that wouldn't recongise humour when it hits her over the head. Because, DAMNIT, am I not even allowed to occasionally ogle Iresso's backside without being made to feel guilty now?"

Edited by Highborne

This. This, times 100. The last straw on my Consular was when - having endured Iresso's inane (lack of) personality, my romanced female Consular got told to "back off" whenever I accidentally clicked on him.

It was essentially, "Yeah....no. I'm done with this character and her tofu-for-brains, and her preachy schoolmarm style of "leadership" that wouldn't recongise humour when it hits her over the head. Because, DAMNIT, am I not even allowed to occasionally ogle Iresso's backside without being made to feel guilty now?"

I actually like the snippy click responses. They give the characters a little more depth beyond constant hero-worship. They get annoyed sometimes, or maybe have other things going on that we only see hinted at, like those guys who are shooting at you, or a frustrating holonet argument, or maybe brooding over a tragic backstory.

And if Bioware does add romance acknowledging click responses or summoning/dismissing/attacking comments, I really hope they don't overdo it. I don't know a single couple who are always syrupy smoopy with the sweet talk all the time - who I don't want to toss out a window.

Edited by Bytemite

Laugh of the day. :DDD Now that's a desperate guy...

Bwa ha ha :D

Since I knew about the Quinn-cident before it happened I staged the relationship so it developed afterwards. I simply waited with convos until after it had happened. Then it worked for me. Now had my SW been dating him for a long time, jupp, that could very well have been the same thing for her. Will be very interesting to see where they go with the companions after this.

Something little that they they say every now and then would be great. Agree that it would be strange if it was all lovey dovey all the time, but a little romance please. My JK got a smooch and a hug somtime last year, she would have filed a missing-person-report if it had not been that space-hubby was still running around healing her. He no longer talks but he is still there, sort off at least.

Bwa ha ha :D

Since I knew about the Quinn-cident before it happened I staged the relationship so it developed afterwards. I simply waited with convos until after it had happened. Then it worked for me. Now had my SW been dating him for a long time, jupp, that could very well have been the same thing for her. Will be very interesting to see where they go with the companions after this.

Something little that they they say every now and then would be great. Agree that it would be strange if it was all lovey dovey all the time, but a little romance please. My JK got a smooch and a hug somtime last year, she would have filed a missing-person-report if it had not been that space-hubby was still running around healing her. He no longer talks but he is still there, sort off at least.

I waited it out as well, knowing it would happen, but found I really didn't have too. Most people who get that far and get betrayed by him, usually just gifted their way up to that point. :p