The Old Republic™ adds a new billing option!

CourtneyWoods

BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce that, starting today, Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is offering SMS billing in a limited number of countries through BOKU. The SMS billing option is now available in the following countries: Germany, France, Taiwan, South Korea, Brazil, Turkey, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Norway, Sweden, Belgium, Hungary, Spain, Australia, and The Netherlands.

Read More

A service named " BOKU " has no chance to succeed in Turkey because " BOK " means s h i t in turkish and " BOKU " means his / her sh i t.

BW put Turkey in redzone at the launch .I bought my game from amazon.com.You didnt even accept credit cards from turkey so we had to use paypal.Now they accept credits cards and provides us this great option. BW should be aware of how some f2p model games like Leuge of Legends successful in Turkey.

I request Venezuela to be added to the list of countries able to use this service, I've used BOKU before in other games and I'm aware that it is possible for my country to succesfully use this method of payment without any troubles.

It should also be noted that Venezuelan community has it hard to buy anything from the SWTOR Store since credit card method of payment and Pay Pal are really difficult to use from this country, so this service would allow us to actually start buying stuff from the store and not be left out of all the goodies.

Can we expect for this to be implemented here, and if so, when could we expect it?

I'd also like to encourage and support people from other countries to comment in this thread and request your own country to be added to the list, we should all have the option of getting the goodies we want.

just gone to check out... and my first tough was: what the frak is wrong with that conversion?

as I have a cell and don't really use it much, i often have lots of money that go to waste... but come 'on...

USD to BR real conversion: U$1 usd +/- R$2 reais

the 450 for 4.99 goes for ??? = yes, you guessed right: R$22.84 ... :rak_02:wait what?:rak_02:

ok, ppl have to get money, maybe for R$12~15 but 22 is way too overprice!

just gone to check out... and my first tough was: what the frak is wrong with that conversion?

as I have a cell and don't really use it much, i often have lots of money that go to waste... but come 'on...

the 450 for 4.99 goes for ??? = yes, you guessed right: R$22.84 ... :rak_02:wait what?:rak_02:

It's not about conversion rates of $ to whatever. Ea have to pay the applicable taxes for your region, complain to the government wherever you live for the discrepancy. If your in the EU just hope the US and EU ratify this freetrade agreement soon, everyones a winner if that comes off.

Why not USA?

I'm a subscriber and get free cartel coins to begin with, but it actually would be a little more convenient if I wanted to purchase more for vanity gear without having to ALT+Tab to my desk top...It crashes my game sometimes :(

Although, I guess I -could- just get onto my web browser on my phone and do it like that buuut...

With current conversion rates $4.99 USD should only come out to 9.77 BRL. If they're trying to charge 22, that's insane lol.

I would like to understand why I buy Cartel Coins via SMS in Brazil, but I can not buy the game, game card etc. in Brazil via Origin? this is one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen in the gaming market.

It's like wanting to buy a guitar, but you can only buy the strings? :t_confused:

In response to community requests, SMS billing can now be used to purchase 450 Cartel Coins in limited territories!

More requests than for server transfers?

Как деньги брать, то с России можно, а как Русифицировать субтитры, так что ты бедная компания :jawa_frown:

True Dat

Edited by adamqd