Mission Discovery From Slicing?

samson_ng

I have been reading on forums and through the internet that mission discoveries can be found through slicing missions, specifically lockbox missions.

i been through days and days of doing grade 5/6 slicing lockbox and even the sliced tech parts missions and i have yet to find even a single mission discovery from any of these missions.

can someone point me in the correct direction as to where to find them, from grade 2/3 or grade 6, sliced tech parts mission or lockbox missions?

thanks in advance.

Slicing lockbox missions are the only place to "get" them unless you want to buy them from the GTN.

Slicing versions, like the Underworld Trading mission discoveries, are pretty rare (from my own experience recently).

I've found that running the Rich Tier 5 lockbox missions CAN get you Tier 6 mission discoveries, in addition to the T6 lockbox missions. Any other tier 5 missions will cap out yielding T5 mission discoveries.

Slicing lockbox missions are the only place to "get" them unless you want to buy them from the GTN.

Slicing versions, like the Underworld Trading mission discoveries, are pretty rare (from my own experience recently).

Yes - agreed although it could just be RNG at its finest. I

I've found that running the Rich Tier 5 lockbox missions CAN get you Tier 6 mission discoveries, in addition to the T6 lockbox missions. Any other tier 5 missions will cap out yielding T5 mission discoveries.

Really? That is pretty awesome, I never knew that. Will have to try it out from now on.

Yep so the grade 6 slicing lockbox missions will only come back with cybertech ship part schematics. to get the good stuff it must be rich grade 5 lockboxes, of which there are 2. Rather than change environment like some do. I'll just use someone to run a grade 1 moderate to reset missions and get the other one if it wasn't on the list.

If your crew are maxed affection and you have one with critical slicing,you're just the unluckiest player i've heard of.I regularly switch between a lot of alts all with maxed slicing running those lock box missions for rare mission drops,and almost all the time i switch to my next char i have a mission waiting for me,sometimes i'll have 2,very rare i'll have 3,and times i'll get none on one char.

Haven't broken any mirrors lately have you?

Edited by biguydeadd

Might be superstition but from what I've experienced. Slicing missions and openworld slicing are NOT reliable sources for MORE slicing mission discoveries. (Mdiscs.)

Try running Undwerworld Trading and Diplomacy missions. While you are at it, throw in stuff like Treasure Hunting and Investigation (not really) to make an eclectic mix to maximize your cross discovery pollination. ;)

but seriously Underworld Trading and Diplomocy are my go to 400/400 skills. Maxed affection on companions that have +2/+5 crit chance. I've been MOST successful finding Slicing MDiscs from non slicing missions.

Investigation is at 377/400

Treasure Hunting somewhere in the 240/400 range

^ so I haven't fully tried those out until I max

top**

1. Underwrold Trading

2. Diplomacy

also Slicing missions reward me with Underworld Trading Mdiscs in return.

Might be superstition but from what I've experienced. Slicing missions and openworld slicing are NOT reliable sources for MORE slicing mission discoveries. (Mdiscs.)

Try running Undwerworld Trading and Diplomacy missions. While you are at it, throw in stuff like Treasure Hunting and Investigation (not really) to make an eclectic mix to maximize your cross discovery pollination. ;)

Nope, sorry. Mission Discoveries come from Slicing Lockbox missions and rarely from Slicing Nodes. There are no Grade 1's, and as someone said above the Rich Yield Grade 5's get you Grade 6 missions (skill 340) and the Moderate and Abundant Yield missions get you Grade 5's (skill 300).

Believe me: I have 7 toons with slicing and I run them all the time to get MD's so I can get the purple crafting mats I need. The other mission skills (UWT, TH, Investigation .. not Diplo, tho, I believe) will get you Crafting Schematics -- mostly Armstech, ArmorMECH and Synthweaving, but TH will get you mostly useless Artifice schematics. Rarely you might score a schematic for Biochem (Implants) and Cybertech (Earpieces). Slicing Lockbox missions will also get you Cybertech schematics (ship parts, speeders) and Sliced Tech Parts missions will get you Augment schematics when you crit on them; it's the only way outside of the GTN to get Augment schematics.

Tier 6 UT will get you schematics, but the same schematics that EVERYONE else farming for mandalorian iron is also getting and throwing up on the GTN for 500 credits. Unless it's one you need for your toon or alt they're usually vendor trash (except for belts/bracers).

But, if you're looking for mission discoveries, as previously mentioned, they're ONLY available via slicing.