So much CC in pvp

ShatterMask

Why is there so much CC in this game?? my god im stun locked the hole match. there's no way the Dev's could have looked at each other with a straight face and said hey lets add more CC in 1.4 with the resolve system. its VERY clear the Dev's care nothing about pvp.. which is sad, because pvpers make awesome videos and stream which gives this game the much needed exposure to bring people back to the game. never in my time playing mmo's have i been CC'd so much and been so frustrated with pvp.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's not blinding, mind stun, carbonite freeze... it's some other bloody CC, I've been CCd five times in a row, I counted. Which is sickening, and either they need to lower the cool down of the anti-cc ability, or put more resolve per CC, cause the blinds and Carbon freezes only do a bout 1/4 resolve at a time, meaning you can just keep getting CCd over so long as they don't use their "major" cc ability like stun dart or cryo grenade. Thanks for adding in an "instant" reslove disolve as soon as the resolve wears off... games getting worse, way worse than when it started.

I love the CC in this game

Played an Archmage in Warhammer - so i could AoE push people from keeps and into lava and canyons.

Played a Dominator in Rift, till they destroyed it.

To me CC is fun.

and i have never been

stun locked the hole match.
Edited by Sabredance

It is working as intended. In 1.5 CC will play an even more important role. In ties, such as voidstar or huttball, the decider will be which team cc-ed more. BioWare also wants to implement medals for the guys who cc the most during a warzone. :rolleyes:

Why is there so much CC in this game?? my god im stun locked the hole match. there's no way the Dev's could have looked at each other with a straight face and said hey lets add more CC in 1.4 with the resolve system. its VERY clear the Dev's care nothing about pvp.. which is sad, because pvpers make awesome videos and stream which gives this game the much needed exposure to bring people back to the game. never in my time playing mmo's have i been CC'd so much and been so frustrated with pvp.

YES its atrocious. There needs to be a new pvp scoreboard statistic called "TOTAL SECONDS/MINUTES CC'ED". When you put your mouse over it, it tells you "You were CC'ed for --% of the match." It would be my favorite stat for sure and I think we'd all be amused , lets face it lol.

This could keep us entertained until the company hires people that PvP every once in a blue moon.

Edited by Warlord_Maliken

Just wait until more Shadows spec Infiltration due to the 1.4 buffs.

Mind Maze

Force Lift

Force Stun

Spinning Kick

Low Slash

... what great fun.

A good thing most deception/infiltration are terrible and do not know how to use any of the above correctly.

It is working as intended. In 1.5 CC will play an even more important role. In ties, such as voidstar or huttball, the decider will be which team cc-ed more. BioWare also wants to implement medals for the guys who cc the most during a warzone. :rolleyes:

Please tell me you're joking? That would center PvP around cc and make it worse than it is now. As a Sorcerer, non-healer, I can't hardly keep a melee class away from me. It's unbalanced. I slap Force Slow, CT, Jolt and most of them just keep walking right to me and control me. If they're really planning to do this, then they need to fix the ccs and stuns first.

Mind Maze

Force Lift

Force Stun

Spinning Kick

Low Slash

... what great fun.

Just teams of Shadows in the Lowbie brackets right now...Your like "Where is the other team?" 4 Shadows pop...everyone is on their face or CC'd then dead...they take the node with almost no resistance....I LOL and try and find a Red that isnt cloaked......Then get knocked on my face as 3 decloak and kill me before I can ever attack....Pretty funny stuff. 50 WZ's in about a Month will Be all Stealth classes stunning the every livin g heck out of everyone...Shoulod be utter Joy as everyone stands frozen...Moves 2m then reCC'd....Pop breaker CC target...DOH! CC'd again....Vanish, Knock someone on their face STAB...Doh! CC'd again........

So i just got my operative to 50 a little bit ago, and will say i finally understand these threads. (50 on assassin isnt bad b/c you have so many tools to counter cc, and lowbie isnt as bad in general) For classes w/ no counters and less mobility its bad.. W/ that said though, i think maybe 25% less would be good, a moderate amount... I actually find games like guild wars where there is very little cc incredibly annoying because it can feel like you are perpetually chasing people down.

YES its atrocious. There needs to be a new pvp scoreboard statistic called "TOTAL SECONDS/MINUTES CC'ED". When you put your mouse over it, it tells you "You were CC'ed for --% of the match." It would be my favorite stat for sure and I think we'd all be amused , lets face it lol..

Call the medal Spectator. Although I'm sure for some of you, you would realize the time you're stunned isn't as high you think :p

Mind Maze

Force Lift

Force Stun

Spinning Kick

Low Slash

... what great fun.

And the KB , true. Now, since it sounds apocalyptic, let's take a closer look at those. Mind Maze, Force Lift, Low Slash are mezzes. Mind Maze can only be used from stealth and only against a target that's not in combat, Force Lift takes 2 seconds to cast both fill 800 resolve. Low Slash has a mezz attached but it's an attack that needs to hit for the mezz to apply but all in all is a good ability that allows a shadow strike set-up (remove the "hit from behind" prerequisite on that, like the rail shot, and nobody will miss low slash). Fills 400 resolve. Spinning kick only usable from stealth for Infil Shadows, good solid 2 sec knock down (400 resolve). Force stun is your common all classes stun , fills 800 resolve. "Farce" Wave is a defensive knock back also standard for many classes (400 resolve). So, when you are fighting a shadow you only have to fear Force Stun and the Low Slash. Spinning kick is very situational and it should be used only to interrupt a cast because if you used it as an opener you gain nothing since the 1.5s GCD will almost cover the knock down duration but your target gains 400 resolve. Mazes are cool to delay and wait for reinforcements but not that much in combat value.

There needs to be more STUNS AND CC in WZ its the BEST idea Bioware ever made!!!! *end of sarcasm*

Who ever thought it would good idea to have these many stuns and CC in WZ would make pvp fun needs to be shot.

Stuns and CC are completely out of control at this point, things need to change.

1 stun and CC/Root per class and those cd's should be tied to grenade cd's. I honestly think 1.4 made the problem worse not better. Nothing more FUN! then being stuned,then rooted, use resolve, then get stun, rooted again constantly

oh yay for this! Might as well start awarding medals for most time cc'd while their at it.

As a Sorc healer, nothing has changed. Dying without being able to cast a single heal was, always, so much fun. The person who was affected the most is my tank, 'cos he can't press the guard to guard me when I come out of spawn area. Bahaha! I just made myself laugh :cool:.

YES its atrocious. There needs to be a new pvp scoreboard statistic called "TOTAL SECONDS/MINUTES CC'ED". When you put your mouse over it, it tells you "You were CC'ed for --% of the match." It would be my favorite stat for sure and I think we'd all be amused , lets face it lol.

This could keep us entertained until the company hires people that PvP every once in a blue moon.

I completely support this idea!!!

<< You don't get stunned in SWTOR more than you do in other games. Resolve -- contrary to the abysmal misconception coming from the hordes of terribads --- makes sure of this. As a matter of fact, other games which feature DR frequently puts you under the influence of much longer and much potent CCs. >>

Compared to every other game I've played so far, the CC in this one is by far the worst. Stunlocked to death? It happens in 2v1 scenarios all of the time (or 2v2 where 1 gets stunned/focused while the other is mezzed/ignored).

I'm sure you can find examples of specific classes or abilities that do crazy things, like ice mages in Wow, but the thing with SWTOR is that almost every class has what would considered in other games a crazy amount of cc and with very short cooldowns. There's only one or two classes/specs that can do aoe knockbacks in Wow and they got a lot of audible eye rolling when I played that game; the consensus amongst most players that I know of was that Blizz shouldn't have added that ability at all, at least not in pvp. Here it's everywhere...

My solution for this game would be a bit drastic: make all aoe mezzes pve only. Make force choke/stasis/whirlwind pve only. Make resolve fill after 1 stun. Then the game would be interesting and people would have to be more careful/"tactical" about how they used their cc.

Edited by WaywardOne

Tell me about it. Today I had a pretty bad day in PVP. I played six warzones with my sniper and though we won three of them, all but one of the warzones was hell for me. And those stealthers using all that CC on me was definitely the worst part. They really broke the resolve system completely in this game with the new changes. Now you can pretty much spend half a match cc'd, especially if the enemy team is heavy with the stealth.