End Game Armor

The_Hegemon

Posted in noobie section but maybe that wasn't the right spot so here it is:

Ok so, I haven't reached it yet, but I'm looking toward the endgame PvP and PvE and have some questions.

To be completely honest, my goal is to find, or make (I am a Jug/Synth), a set that is acceptable for both operations and warzones.

My question comes in when you start talking about expertise and player crafted armor. So here is my list of questions:

1. Is player-made armor (the lvl 49 stuff you get from your crafting vendor) considered PvP or PvE? (I.E. does it have an expertise stat?)
  2. If you "max-craft" that armor (break down enough that you get it up to its purple version) how does it compare to the other end game vendor bought armors?
  3. Do either the PvP or PvE armors outclass the other enough that you can use one in-place of the other? (E.G. Can you PvP in Black Hole, or do operations in War Hero armor?)
  4. Will this (to the best of our knowledge) largely change in 1.3?
  5. "The other question I should have asked but didn't yet know enough to..."

All help is appreciated! :)

Thanks,

Scott

Ok so here is the break down of answers...

1) Level 49 crafted gear is PvE gear it has no expertese and is suicide to use in PvP.Fresh 50s going into PvP should always buy the recruit PvP armor set doing otherwise is a severe handycap.

2) Level 49 legendary crit crafted gear is probably best summed up as bottom of the barrel good stuff.I would recomend that you instead invest in crit crafted custom (orange) gear for PvE use.Load up the oranges with armoring inserts purchased with daylies coms (these are lvl 50 and not 49 like the mods,enhancments and augments available from crafters) you can get the augments,enhancers and mods from crafters as level 49 legendary items.

3) Always use PvP armor in PvP.Expertese is the number one stat for PvP.You should be looking to get to around 1200 expertese as quickly as possible.(1200 expertese is where battlemaster gear will get you give or take depending on how much BM stuff you get)

On the flip side Battlemaster gear is plenty good enough for entry level end game PvE.

4) 1.3 is suppose to include more custom (orange) crafted items.This will increase the potential availability of crit crafted items and certainly improve the number of options available.

5) something to note about pulling mods from pre existing gear (ie. pulling everything out of battle master chest to place into a crit crafted custom chest) You can of course do this and you will gain the advantage of having augmented PvP armor however the downside is the set bonuses are tied to the shell so you will loose set bonuses when migrating stats from pre existing pieces to custom pieces.

Edited by WillyWampa

Is player-made armor (the lvl 49 stuff you get from your crafting vendor) considered PvP or PvE? (I.E. does it have an expertise stat?)

You can move mods from pvp gear into player made moddable armor so that it will have expertise. Basically only pvp armor has expertise (mods) to start with.

If you "max-craft" that armor (break down enough that you get it up to its purple version) how does it compare to the other end game vendor bought armors?

Generally crafted stuff is always considerably inferior to proper PVE endgame gear.

Do either the PvP or PvE armors outclass the other enough that you can use one in-place of the other? (E.G. Can you PvP in Black Hole, or do operations in War Hero armor?)

No.

Thanks so much for the answers! Really helps clear things up.

Just a couple more questions:

1. Does the orange armor have 'quality' other than light, med, or heavy? I.e. there is heavy orange armor craft-able at lvl14ish and then there is one at lvl50 - after you've done the flip/switch with the mods, will you end up the same?

2. Does expertise apply in open-world pvp? (e.g. running around on tat)

Again thanks so much for helping out the newbie :)

• 5 months later...
I play on the RP-PVP server, so at level 50 I'd generally want to run around the world in expertise armor for any open PvP that crops up? Apparently WH armor isn't good enough for end-game PvE, I'd have to carry around an extra set of armor just for end-game flashpoints or black hole runs or whatever?