The Clone Wars season six (spoiler warning!!!)

dibeve

So before I go on let me say that yes, this will be a bit of a rant but I need to get my thoughts on this out and no one I know likes The Clone Wars so I figure maybe some like minded individuals here will feel the same way. So here we go my likes and dislikes with the final season of one of my favorite T.V. series. So if for what ever reason you haven't seen the new season yet, be it you don't have Netflix, or you just haven't gotten around to it yet be warned there are many spoilers ahead.

First let's discuss 5's. This first story pissed me off and I am not exaggerating, when 5's died the way he did I literally yelled at the T.V.. Next to Rex the clones of Domino Squad were my favorite. It sucked that they slowly died off, but it was to be expected, war is a ***** after all. Droidbait and Cutups deaths where hollow but at that point we hadn't really gotten to know them yet so I didn't really feel much there.

Heavy died taking out the listening station on the Rishi moon in season one, alerting the Republic to Grevious invasion, it was a good death. Echo survived until season 3 and died while trying to rescue Even Piell from the citadel. His death sucked, I mean being killed by an exploding shuttle, that is pretty bad. But again, war you know.

So now we are down to 5's who survives until season 6. Now here is where I bristle. 5's manages to discover clues about the existence of Order 66 and goes on a one man mission to try and alert the Jedi only to get shot in the back by another clone while desperately trying to get Anakin and Rex to listen to him. This was the worst death of the entire series in my opinion. First Anakin saw the other trooper about to fire and he did nothing, I mean come on he could have used the force to prevent the clone from firing, or Rex could have told 5's to duck or something!!

Anyway, onto the next story, which was about the banking clan. Personally I liked this story, it expanded on Anakin and Padme's relationship and we got to see Anakin beat the tar out of Clovis, which was immensely satisfying. You also get to see that several of the people close to Anakin and Padme knew about their relationship even if the never said anything about it, you just know they did simply by how they looked at Anakin and Padme together. Also we get to Anakins room in the temple is littered with spare droid parts, model ships and crates of random bits and pieces. Don't ask why but this was a great touch and I am curious if he had the clones clear his room out after Order 66, or if he had to kill a few for breaking his models during the fire fight.

The JarJar episode...seriously they had to do a story about JarJar and his girlfriend? I mean come on. They could have left this one out pushed the whole Yoda storyline up and made a two parter about Dooku and Palpatine beginning their final plan, more on that later. I have nothing else to say about JarJar.

The Yoda story was great! I have nothing bad to say about it and I loved Yoda's evil little darkside twin, thing as adorable! Though Moraband? Really!? I was curious as to whether or not there was some licensing issue that prevented them from using the name Korriban. I know it's the same planet, but why not use its proper name?

Okay so here is how they could have handled the final episodes. First remove the stupid waste of a JarJar episode, push the Yoda story up and use the last two episodes to tell a story about Dooku and Palpatine beginning the final plan. It could have started with Palpatine contacting Dooku and telling him the time to enact the final plan has begun. From here Dooku moves to gather his massive fleet. There could have been signs as to what was to come, for example a large portion of a droid fleet breaking off at the height of some huge battle, the reason for their departure leaving the Republic army scratching their heads.

Seperatist attacks could have shown an increase in certain areas as a distraction to keep the Republic away from Coruscant. Finally the separatist fleet arrives in the system, much to the shock of the Jedi and clones. The whole storyline could have ended with Dooku and some droids killing the guards outside Palpatines office. Dooku then steps inside, bows to Palpatine and says "Master". All Palpatine would do is turn away from his window with that evil smile he has and bam! fade to black, roll credits and it leads right into episode 3.

Some of the most disappointing parts about season six where the story lines that where not there. What happened to Ventress, what is Palpatine doing with Maul, after all he said he had "plans" for him. Of course the biggest kick was Ahsoka only appearing in Yodas vision. I really wanted to know what happened to Ahsoka and I was upset we don't get to know, though I have heard a slightly older Ahsoka is going to appear in Star Wars: Rebels.

Anyway, those are my brief thoughts on the subject of season six. Really I could rant on and on but I think this is enough, time to go bend my wifes ear about it, she hate Star Wars so I doubt she will listen but, meh, I need to bug someone other then you people now.

Edited by dibeve

Why would Anakin tell Fives to duck? He was about to grab Rex's blasters and shoot Fox in the face.

Anyway you might find this interesting, taken from a Star Wars blog by Filoni:

P.S. I have to give you one spoiler because I know it meant a lot to some of you. Yes, Echo is alive.

Dun dun dun!

/5char
I believe its been speculated and hinted at for a long time now.

And looking back at the explosion that supposedly killed him, well he looks pretty in tact.

I never expected it to go anywhere though. Maybe he'll feature in Rebels? And what of Gregor?

Edited by Beniboybling

I believe its been speculated and hinted at for a long time now.

And looking back at the explosion that supposedly killed him, well he looks pretty in tact.

I never expected it to go anywhere though. Maybe he'll feature in Rebels? And what of Gregor?

I'd rather not a lot of people from TCW just show up in Rebels, unless they are just gonna be around for a couple of episodes or whaever. :/ I want NEW characters!

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I'd rather not a lot of people from TCW just show up in Rebels, unless they are just gonna be around for a couple of episodes or whaever. :/ I want NEW characters!

The ARC Troopers generally had some depth to them though.

Might be nice seeing him back, and what if he is a main villain?

• 2 weeks later...