So the Emperor was truly defeated by the Jedi Knight?

Slowpokeking

There is a reason you don't bring Satele and the other Masters. The Emperor's real power wasn't in hurling lightning or anything, he could dominate the mind of anyone he wished. He had used this power on the Jedi Knight but the Jedi Knight had the rare ability to shrug off the Emperor's control (so did Kira actually) and because of that it was impossible for the Council to attack the Emperor. Being unable to mind dominate the Jedi Knight took away his greatest weapon.

While the Emperor was indeed very powerful he simply was not powerful enough to stop the Jedi Knight without his trump card. Thus the Emperor was defeated and it is possible that he actually did die, the jury is still out. It is very possible someone is manipulating the voices and even manipulating the Sith Warrior in the end.

True that. I mean, look at Tol Braga! He was a Jedi Council member, and yet he fell to the Sith Emperor's mind control.

Well, the Emperor was weak when he battled the Jedi Knight. He was regaining his strength, but it wasn't enough to defeat the Jedi Knight. Just like Voldemort from "Harry Potter," the Sith Emperor's immortality still left him alive, but only in spirit form. That's when he entered the Voss body as the new Voice of the Emperor, as enticed by Darth Baras. Now that the Wrath has killed the Voice's body on Voss, who knows what will happen to the Emperor now?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True that. I mean, look at Tol Braga! He was a Jedi Council member, and yet he fell to the Sith Emperor's mind control.

Well, the Emperor was weak when he battled the Jedi Knight. He was regaining his strength, but it wasn't enough to defeat the Jedi Knight. Just like Voldemort from "Harry Potter," the Sith Emperor's immortality still left him alive, but only in spirit form. That's when he entered the Voss body as the new Voice of the Emperor, as enticed by Darth Baras. Now that the Wrath has killed the Voice's body on Voss, who knows what will happen to the Emperor now?

Not criticizing you here but you have the order of events wrong.

1. Jedi Knight faces Emperor in Act 2 and loses (and by loses I mean gets one-shotted and mind controlled for at least a week).

2a. Emperor uses a Voss as his new Voice and is trapped by Sel-Makor.

2b. SW (Wrath #2) frees Sith Emperor by killing Voss Mystic Voice.

3. Sith Emperor's new Voice faces Jedi Knight on DK and loses.

We know that 2a-b happened after 1 because the Emperor's Wrath had to defect before the Emperor's Hands (Servant One and Two) would have started looking for a new Emperor's Wrath.

We know that 3 happens after 2a-b, as opposed to prior, because your SW receives a letter informing you that the Emperor survived the JK's attack at the end of the JK Act 3 class story. If the Voss Voice was killed after the JK beat the Emperor on DK then the letter wouldn't have been necessary.

We know that 3 happens after 2a-b, as opposed to prior, because your SW receives a letter informing you that the Emperor survived the JK's attack at the end of the JK Act 3 class story. If the Voss Voice was killed after the JK beat the Emperor on DK then the letter wouldn't have been necessary.

What we don't know is if that letter is genuine.

In the JK story if you progress Kira you learn that the children can still hear the Emperor's voice but now it is different.

We don't know if the Jedi Knight just "killed a voice" or if he killed "the original body" but whatever happened the Emperor was far more greatly damaged than just having a voice die... If he actually survived at all.

Edited by ProfessorWalsh

What we don't know is if that letter is genuine.

In the JK story if you progress Kira you learn that the children can still hear the Emperor's voice but now it is different.

We don't know if the Jedi Knight just "killed a voice" or if he killed "the original body" but whatever happened the Emperor was far more greatly damaged than just having a voice die... If he actually survived at all.

Well, considering Tenebrae's original body was a Sith Pureblood, and the body the Knight kills is obviously human, I'd say that no, the Knight does not kill the Emperor's original body. Simple deduction. :)

Edited by Captain_Zone

There is a reason you don't bring Satele and the other Masters. The Emperor's real power wasn't in hurling lightning or anything, he could dominate the mind of anyone he wished. He had used this power on the Jedi Knight but the Jedi Knight had the rare ability to shrug off the Emperor's control (so did Kira actually) and because of that it was impossible for the Council to attack the Emperor. Being unable to mind dominate the Jedi Knight took away his greatest weapon.

While the Emperor was indeed very powerful he simply was not powerful enough to stop the Jedi Knight without his trump card. Thus the Emperor was defeated and it is possible that he actually did die, the jury is still out. It is very possible someone is manipulating the voices and even manipulating the Sith Warrior in the end.

This is true if u played the counsler story the emperor had his children which was hidden withen the republic military and in the jedi order and council and remember the JK companion kira is also a child of the emperor.

Well, considering Tenebrae's original body was a Sith Pureblood, and the body the Knight kills is obviously human, I'd say that no, the Knight does not kill the Emperor's original body. Simple deduction. :)

His eyes are also described as "black as the void itself", and the body we fight has red eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

The Emperor you face, is nothing compared to the one that struck down the strike team at the end of chapter 2. I believe that was the Emperor's true body, it certainly seemed FAR more powerful then that weak *** old guy on Dromund Kaas.

No I think his physical form is still there, but like Nihilus he doesn't have much of one left, just dark energy barely contained by his flesh. That means destroying even his true body may not destroy the emperor, it might take what happened to Palpatine, a dying Jedi to drag him into the force after his defeat. If it comes to that, I'm willing to bet Revan will be the one to do it, since it appears to me that he used the Rakatan teleporters at the end of Foundry and wasn't really killed.

Edited by MasterPetricco

The Emperor you face, is nothing compared to the one that struck down the strike team at the end of chapter 2. I believe that was the Emperor's true body, it certainly seemed FAR more powerful then that weak *** old guy on Dromund Kaas.

No I think his physical form is still there, but like Nihilus he doesn't have much of one left, just dark energy barely contained by his flesh. That means destroying even his true body may not destroy the emperor, it might take what happened to Palpatine, a dying Jedi to drag him into the force after his defeat. If it comes to that, I'm willing to bet Revan will be the one to do it, since it appears to me that he used the Rakatan teleporters at the end of Foundry and wasn't really killed.

Revan should definitely get the honor, possibly even with Satele Shan along side him.

No.

Revan should have his soul obliterated OR come back a force ghost to guide you.

His age is done, let him be.

I believe Tuscad was referring to a Brand style sacrifice after taking a mortal wound to trap The Emperor's soul in the Force as he dies.

If I was writing it, and the Knight had done Jedi Prisoner, Revan would make the sacrifice. If not, Satele would be the next logical choice.

I believe Tuscad was referring to a Brand style sacrifice after taking a mortal wound to trap The Emperor's soul in the Force as he dies.

If I was writing it, and the Knight had done Jedi Prisoner, Revan would make the sacrifice. If not, Satele would be the next logical choice.

Ah, well that is a better Idea, that or Kira.

You know why

No.

Revan should have his soul obliterated OR come back a force ghost to guide you.

His age is done, let him be.

He is the sole reason that the Republic was still standing 300 years later and was able to put a stop to the war, I still think he should finish what he started. If a single class got to kill the Emperor mass complaining would ensue.

Edited by Tuscad

• 4 months later...

No he wasn't. Emperor is basically SWTOR's Lich King\Deathwing\other Big Bad.

Can you imagine paladins from WoW being able to get a quest, that exists only for their class and kill,say, Arthas, solo? Neither do I.

Emperor will end up as an operation's boss for both factions. IMHO.

Edited by Gelious

He is the sole reason that the Republic was still standing 300 years later and was able to put a stop to the war, I still think he should finish what he started. If a single class got to kill the Emperor mass complaining would ensue.

No.

Revan is now an insane hobo. If he does come back then the Eperor should kill him. Revan did nothing to the emperor other then fail.

Just make the emperor the boss at then end a world quest, or an operation

The Emperor was only personally involved in any meaningful way in the Jedi Knight storyline (and to a much lesser extent the Sith Warrior's). In WoW there is no "Class Storyline" and The Light King appeared often to both factions of all classes.

You do realize that ""appeared to" and "was completely destroyed by" is not the same thing, right?:)