Vote for Legacy "straight-to-50" option

MurQueL

It's so cute how you guys think the math isn't important. Simply adorable.

Once again reading comprehension!

Try to read over my posts again and find where I say "math isn't important."

I only said much math wasn't involved in figuring out your class and how to play it and the game.

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm gonna have to vote against... this game is already insultingly easy to level up in, honestly i'd prefer it if it wasn't so easy to level up... maybe cut down on some of the experience gain from missions/quests or get rid of rested EXP entirely...

Lol that so many ppl get so into the nitty gritty math in this game is ridiculous. Like there's a HUGE difference between a 40/50/40 split to mitigation stats and 30/50/50. This game is NOT that hard. In the grand scheme of things, dishing out 1800 vs 2100 DPS is NOT the difference between success and a wipe. It may take 30 seconds off of a fight (OMG!!!) But if each role knows what it's doing fundamentally then the sheer numbers are redundant. If a tank can hold aggro and effectively mitigate damage coming his way, it doesn't matter if he has the most mathematically to the third decimal effective mitigation. If a dps runs his own rotation that isn't QUITE as effective, but he runs it well, then that doesn't matter either. In the end, it's a video game. To treat it like school or work takes all the fun out of it.

This game is NOT that hard. In the grand scheme of things, dishing out 1800 vs 2100 DPS is NOT the difference between success and a wipe. It may take 30 seconds off of a fight (OMG!!!) But if each role knows what it's doing fundamentally then the sheer numbers are redundant.

In the grand scheme of things, dishing out 1800 vs 2100 DPS is NOT the difference between success and a wipe.

*Died five times in EC while trying to take down Kephess* Yes, please, tell me more about how actual DPS is not important to winning a fight against an operations boss...

Do you even do Operations dude? Trust me, DPS is actually really important.

i'm gonna have to vote against... this game is already insultingly easy to level up in, honestly i'd prefer it if it wasn't so easy to level up... maybe cut down on some of the experience gain from missions/quests or get rid of rested EXP entirely...

That does exist, it's called Free to Play.

I would be completely in favor of this with the caveat that it would have to be tied to Level 50 class story quests. Anything that lets me play the class stories over and over again while skipping all of the repetitive side quests (now on my 10th or 11th playthrough) is welcome indeed.

SO, You mentioned something about being LEGACY 50 before you could get the straight to 50 option.

Now, I never pay much attention to my legacy level. Apparently I am level 47 atm.

As a legacy level 47:

I created my first character, a sith assassin during early access.

I have 6 level 50 characters, Have deleted several level 20s and 30's and have 13 characters on my server

All my level 50's have Warhero armor

My juggy is the only character i use for flashpoints/ops, he is in full Black Hole ATM.

Now all this time and I am still not LEGACY 50.

SO.....A straight to level 50 option for Legacy 50, i dont see much of an issue with that.

I would still recommoned that being for completed classes only though.

At the very least a substantial exp increase for Legacy 50.

This is kinda pointless, as you would still have to at least run your class story missions if you wanted to get all your companions.

I would rather see a legacy unlock to activate a double XP bonus than a simple insta-50.

this is the worst carebear idea you could seriously recommend, definitely won't fly

i wouldn't call this a carebear idea as it seems something that would appeal to PvP players that wanna skip the story just so they can get to proving they're "legendary" or "superior" gamers to everyone else by being massive jerks... as an anti-PvP player, or as you would call a carebear, i find the idea of skipping to Lvl.50 appalling...

Considering how long it takes to get to legacy lvl 50, it would be completely pointless as you would have more than 8 characters at lvl 50 as it is. I have not even hit legacy 40 yet and I have 7 lvl 50's.

How many level 30 characters would it be? What about people like me that stop playing at about level 40 because it get's so *********** hard that I can't get any farther, so I get toon after toon to level 40, but very few to 50. Suddenly I have the option to get unlimited 50's because I reached legacy 50? something wrong with that logic.

Something else to consider, I've only gotten to 50 three times and the quest chain seems to continue. If you get an insta-50, would you still have to go back and do all of the quests from level 1?

This is kinda pointless, as you would still have to at least run your class story missions if you wanted to get all your companions.

I would rather see a legacy unlock to activate a double XP bonus than a simple insta-50.

That would be the fun part, I would play sith warrior again and again again

There light side, dark side, girl and boy version

I can make ratattaki sith now so I can make a Asasjj Ventress like character

Would you like for there to be a Legacy option to skip to level 50 instantly?

The minimum requirements for access to this option would be:

• You must be Legacy Level 50.

• You must have chosen your Advanced Class.

• Must be a subscriber.

Vote for or against this here for all to see what the general concensus is.

NOTE: As OP I will not vote either way, as I am not invested one way or the other. I do have an opinion, but ultimately whether the matter in question would be implemented or not isn't really my concern. This thread was done out of curiosity, having seen a few posts expressing interest in an option of this nature and thinking it might be a boon for altoholic veterans who've done the grind enough times that it just becomes a repetitive routine...

LOL

This must be like the only thread where everyone disagrees lmao, The horror!

No thanks. It seems like you want just skip playing the game to get to the end so you can say "Oh well I have like 20 Level 50's". That's not cool. If you're burnt out from playing, then just stop playing. No one cares if you want to play another game. It's okay. Come back when you feel like playing again or some new content drops that you think you'd enjoy. Game will still be here.

I'm going to say "Yes" but then allow me to qualify it. I agree in principle with what is being suggested here, but I don't think it should be "straight-to-50". I do think there should be a progressive EXP boost, as a few others have suggested. Something to the effect that for each alt lvl 50 you get a boost, say 25% per lvl 50 toon (just throwing out a number as an example). Effectively when you were at Legacy Lvl 50 you would be able to level the characters up really fast. This would have a similar effect to what the OP said, since to get to Legacy Lvl 50 takes a lot of work and grinding, and getting many alto to lvl 50 to accomplish, and by that point you would have a huge boost accumulated. But the good thing that slightly sets it apart is it isn't exactly insta-50 - you would still have somewhat of a "learning your character" experience and progressing your character through levels, it would just happen really quickly and you could do it while going from class quest to class quest mostly.