Crew Skill rebalance?

Elizeth

Ok I will come out right away and declare that my experience with crafting is purely from a levelling perspective. I have only been playing long enough to experience the changes from patch1.1 to 1.2 and my first character is only in their 40's. I have a consular with 400 in Synthweaveing, Archy and Underworld trading. I didn't fully understand crafting when I picked up my crew skills, and I certainly didn't go hunting for spoilers about companions.

I had been making most of my money through Synthweaving crafting mid level purples for 10-15k each. When 1.2 hit I noticed that augmented oranges seem to made all other gear obsolete.

So I am seething with jealously when my level 15 Jedi Knight synthweaveing friend tells me his companion has +5 Synth crit. My only comparable Crew skill is on Zenth: +1 Crit to Underworld trading which to me just doesn't cut it.

I am sure there must be many other crafter out there that feel their Crew Skill bonuses are very badly attuned to their characters. I think the Devs would agree, that's why they added the ship driod upgrades. But $1,100,000 to get on a Synthweaveing crafting par with a level 15JK is pretty extreme and way out of my price range for the foreseeable future.

I am not asking for a nerf. I don't want to alienate all the JK Synthweavers. But perhaps something needs to change for +10 efficiency does not equal +5 Crit.

If u know a friend who paid the 1m you can buy the upgrades from his ship for 100k, still quite a bit of money for someone new like you but yeah. Anyway, on my jedi knight synth i craft on all 5 companions (max aff) and i dont see a noticable diff for the extra 5% crit i get from that one single companion. The companion with the crit gets 25- 30% (max affection and depending on what im crafting) and the other 4 companion gets 20 - 25%. With the rng it really doesnt make too big a difference but that's just my opinion =)