Esseles bug

Adeptofwar

Well, YOU can skip it, and the results on your machine will be the same, regardless of whether or not anyone else skips. The only thing others watching the cutscene will do is cause you to wait a bit longer. The state of your own machine is not going to be any different.

Sounds like you do indeed have a glitch, but don't go blaming anyone else for skipping or not skipping. What your own client does is completely on your end. You should likely try to hit the Settings (gears) button on the launcher and use the 'Repair' option to see if it'll fix your install. You may have a corrupted file or two lying around.

Well, YOU can skip it, and the results on your machine will be the same, regardless of whether or not anyone else skips. The only thing others watching the cutscene will do is cause you to wait a bit longer. The state of your own machine is not going to be any different.

Sounds like you do indeed have a glitch, but don't go blaming anyone else for skipping or not skipping. What your own client does is completely on your end. You should likely try to hit the Settings (gears) button on the launcher and use the 'Repair' option to see if it'll fix your install. You may have a corrupted file or two lying around.

It's not just him. This is a well known bug that happens to a lot of people and it has been going on for months. It happens when exiting the black talon flashpoint as well as one of the other hyperspace scenes (i think it's mandalorian raiders but I don't remember).

the scrubs in my group wouldnt skip it.

Leave this game, just leave.

YOU are the type of person that runs games like these into the ground, with your patronising comments and looking down on everyone else.

Oh, and since your calling others scrubs, you must be loaded. Instead of moaning about it on forums go pay for a phonecall to customer support. After all, you're not a scrub, right?

Edited by WaldoA

Yes it's a known bug.

The Alt-Tab "temporary fix" works 100% every time. This is because it is the hyperspace animation that causes the crash.

So Alt-Tab out, you don't see the animation, the graphics card doesn't render it - all is well.

The only time I've not known the alt-tab to work is if you do it too late or alt-tab back in too quickly.

As soon as the conversation is about to start you alt-tab out.

As soon as you hear both the leaving and arriving hyperspace animation and the speech beginning then you can alt-tab back in.

This happened to me and after logging 2 tickets both of which I got the reply "Sorry but we just dont care. We know this is broken but if you are so stupid to not have checked the forums to know this mission is broken we just dont want to waste our time on you. Please continue to sub and buy gear of the cartel market but please dont play. BTW we will close the ticket but if this is not good enough please update your ticket (you cant we have closed it) have a nice day."

Yes it's a known bug.

The Alt-Tab "temporary fix" works 100% every time. This is because it is the hyperspace animation that causes the crash.

So Alt-Tab out, you don't see the animation, the graphics card doesn't render it - all is well.

The only time I've not known the alt-tab to work is if you do it too late or alt-tab back in too quickly.

As soon as the conversation is about to start you alt-tab out.

As soon as you hear both the leaving and arriving hyperspace animation and the speech beginning then you can alt-tab back in.

Thank you! I haven't done Black Talon in a long time and recently tried to run one of my alts through and couldn't finish it. The search option in game isn't worth a darn for finding known bugs :p

Had that happen to someone on a PUG. Simply waited til he reconnected then finished the conversation and went to the console. I think he got his exp/social points for everything except the social points in that conversation. Hope so, at least... Edited by Sinapus