Did operative get a buff??

Uelle

For some reason i'm just getting raped by operatives now :S#

3/4 of my health i'm spent lying on the ground or stunned or mezzed and they just go out of combat and heal up.

*** is going on

Edited by Uelle

3/4 of my health i'm spent lying on the ground or stunned or mezzed and they just go out of combat and heal up.

*** is going on

Operatives does not get a major buff. Only 2-5% increase of damage.

It is just many people are trying the Concelament now. Some of them are good players.

Edited by Missandei

It is just many people are trying the Concelament now. Some of them are good players.

Which means they did not need the buff, realistically speaking. Those good players were still effing folks up, it was just a tree not played much due to the idea that healing was so overpowered, one should not play anything else.

The bad thing is, it will now take 6 months to reconcile these unneeded changes. Good luck to all the squishies. Another funny thing is, ops can also heal to full but it seems that does not get taken into account like it does for sorcerers, for example. :(

Edited by Monterone

*** is going on

more of a gear or L2P issue if you health if 3/4 health gone by the time you get up from a 4 second stun ..

Sages, especially ? Even less reason to play this class in PvP, I guess ...

I haven't even played my sorc since 2.6 went live yesterday, cause I'd probably unsub for good. The last thing sorcs needed was even another hard counter class that will permanently focus them for the free kill.

This. I did notice a surge of operatives/scounds tearing me up in warzones. It was a shock because before yesterday I only saw them throw heals. But 2-5% damage buff will not break the class. I'm glad they got something although survivability was the main concern; not damage output, right?

Which means they did not need the buff, realistically speaking. Those good players were still effing folks up, it was just a tree not played much due to the idea that healing was so overpowered, one should not play anything else.

The bad thing is, it will now take 6 months to reconcile these unneeded changes. Good luck to all the squishies. Another funny thing is, ops can also heal to full but it seems that does not get taken into account like it does for sorcerers, for example. :(

Sorcs are the lamb with the huge "I AM YOUR FOOD" sign on their back.

Some class has to be food, so the others can have fun, no?

Which means they did not need the buff, realistically speaking. Those good players were still effing folks up

Yes they were, on their powertech and marauder alts/mains.

If you delusionally think concealment was in a good place pre-2.6 then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

This. I did notice a surge of operatives/scounds tearing me up in warzones. It was a shock because before yesterday I only saw them throw heals. But 2-5% damage buff will not break the class. I'm glad they got something although survivability was the main concern; not damage output, right?

That was my thinking. More survivability, perhaps some sustained dps or energy management?

Either way, the class isn't super OP nor is it broken. The fact that someone could do well with an underperforming class prior to 2.6 does not mean that class did not need buffs. When that same player could switch to a different class and do even better.

Concealment spec got around a 20% DPS buff.

your math is wrong. It is 120%

Seriously.. What Concs get is a better resource management, reliable procs and some Surge increase on one attack.

The damage buffs were like 2% on some attacks.

What you got in PvP is a people who exploiting the Bolster (avoiding the grind to get the 67/67/67 Mh/OH and some of the wise ppl got 2 set PvE bonus (+15% crit on Backstab)

Thats not that much.

But there is a lot of ppl trying now the Concelament. So if there was 1-2 stealthers in the team. Now it is 4-5.

Nothing changed much. If you are focused by 2-3 ppl you are dead in 3-4 CD regardless of the attackers class.

Edited by Missandei

The issue I have with ops/scoundrels in general is this:

shadow/assassin: stealth + burst damage or tank, but no heals.

sage/sorc: heals, but no stealth or much burst damage or tank

ops/scoundrels: stealth + burst damage + heals, no tank

Basically, an op/scoundrel is like a sage/sorc and dps shadow/assassin combined. I thought they were OP in pvp even before the buff. I should have made one a long time ago.

The issue I have with ops/scoundrels in general is this:

shadow/assassin: stealth + burst damage or tank, but no heals.

sage/sorc: heals, but no stealth or much burst damage or tank

ops/scoundrels: stealth + burst damage + heals, no tank

Basically, an op/scoundrel is like a sage/sorc and dps shadow/assassin combined. I thought they were OP in pvp even before the buff. I should have made one a long time ago.

That made absolutely no sense at all.

Edited by Technohic

That made absolutely no sense at all.

Care to elaborate?

EDIT:

Forget it, allow me. I'll stick to repub terms because that's what I play and know the best.

Shadow: infiltration shadows have stealth and awesome burst, but they do not have heals.

Sage: balance sages have healing abilities, poor burst, no tank. TK sages have good burst at times, but are terrible for pvp for reasons that are obvious to anybody who has played one.

Scoundrel: healing abilities, stealth, and burst.

Hence, a scoundrel can do what a sage and infiltration shadow can do in terms of heals, burst, and stealth.

Edited by teclado

your math is wrong. It is 120%

Seriously.. What Concs get is a better resource management, reliable procs and some Surge increase on one attack.

The damage buffs were like 2% on some attacks.

What you got in PvP is a people who exploiting the Bolster (avoiding the grind to get the 67/67/67 Mh/OH and some of the wise ppl got 2 set PvE bonus (+15% crit on Backstab)

Thats not that much.

But there is a lot of ppl trying now the Concelament. So if there was 1-2 stealthers in the team. Now it is 4-5.

Nothing changed much. If you are focused by 2-3 ppl you are dead in 3-4 CD regardless of the attackers class.

My math is right. Concealment spec was parsing around 34-3500 DPS before patch 2.6. Concealment spec is currently parsing around 4100 DPS.

Care to elaborate?

EDIT:

Forget it, allow me. I'll stick to repub terms because that's what I play and know the best.

Shadow: infiltration shadows have stealth and awesome burst, but they do not have heals.

Sage: balance sages have healing abilities, poor burst, no tank.

Scoundrel: healing abilities, stealth, and burst.

Hence, a scoundrel can do what a sage and infiltration shadow can do in terms of heals, burst, and stealth.

They are different classes. Its like me saying well; guardians can tank. Scoundrels can stealth. Assassins can both tank and stealth. So an assassin can do do what a guardian and a scoundrel can do in both tank and stealth."

All classes can burst. Sages being UP has nothing to do with what a scoundrel should or shouldn't be.