Monthly Cartel Coin Grant

Tordos

I am curious to know how many cartel coins subscribers will receive for each paid month after F2P has been launched. Will the monthly rate be like the 150 or 200 we received so far with the prior paid months? Will edition of the game matter, i.e. those with a collector's edition or deluxe edition get a higher stipend then those with the standard edition? It would be nice to know these things so we can decide whether we want to continue/start to invest in a subscription or choose the F2P option.

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6468

TL;DR: How much will subscribers receive for each paid month from the monthly cartel coin grant?

Considering that months after the F2P launch will still be months after the F2P announcement, logic dictates that it would be the latter, 200 Cartel Coins per month.

And they already stated that Collector's Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition owners only get the one time CC bonus.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

Considering that months after the F2P launch will still be months after the F2P announcement, logic dictates that it would be the latter, 200 Cartel Coins per month.

And they already stated that Collector's Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition owners only get the one time CC bonus.

200 Cartel Coins: "Each paid month from August 1, 2012 to Free-to-Play option launch"

That does not mean 200 each month immediately following Free-to-Play launch. And this is my question. If it was 200 a month, then why is this not reflected already in our account for those who have paid for months that will be during F2P. I'm not saying 200 is incorrect, only that it is somewhat unclear at this stage.

I know we only get the bonus once, my other question was whether or not the monthly rate of cartel coins will differ depending on the subscriber's edition of the game.

Edited by Tordos

200 Cartel Coins: "Each paid month from August 1, 2012 to Free-to-Play option launch"

That does not mean 200 each month immediately following Free-to-Play launch. And this is my question. If it was 200 a month, then why is this not reflected already in our account for those who have paid for months that will be during F2P. I'm not saying 200 is incorrect, only that it is somewhat unclear at this stage.

I know we only get the bonus once, my other question was whether or not the monthly rate of cartel coins will differ depending on the subscriber's edition of the game.

Maybe, but somehow I doubt they are going to make any lower than 200 CC per month. They want to keep their subscribers subscribing, don't they? So, why do something like that to purposely antagonize them?

And since they stated the bonus was a one time thing and did not increase any of the other monthly amounts based on which version you purchased, I think it's a pretty safe bet that there won't be any additional amount added to any future stipends based on the version you purchased.

Maybe, but somehow I doubt they are going to make any lower than 200 CC per month. They want to keep their subscribers subscribing, don't they? So, why do something like that to purposely antagonize them?

And since they stated the bonus was a one time thing and did not increase any of the other monthly amounts based on which version you purchased, I think it's a pretty safe bet that there won't be any additional amount added to any future stipends based on the version you purchased.

I'm in no position to make an accurate analysis of what Bioware/EA wants. For all we know they may be trying to push this game towards completely F2P which they may deem to be a better business model and reduce the incentives of subscribers over time. It's anyone's guess. But a 200 monthly stipend for all subscribers seems to be the safe assumption.

• 5 weeks later...

Well it looks like the monthly rewards will look like this:

500 coins per month for a 1 month subscription.

525 coins per month for a 2 month non-recurring subscription.

550 coins per month for a 3 month subscription.

600 coins per month for a 6 month subscription.

(source: http://www.swtor.com/free)

I'm not certain though what day of the month these rewards are given, whether they are given at the end/beginning of each month while subscribed or on each day of the month you made payment for your subscription i.e. if you paid for your subscription on Oct 20th you would receive your rewards on the 20th of each month while you are eligible for one of the above monthly rewards. It shouldn't make a big difference but it would be nice to know these sort of things. So if anyone knows this information, on when we get the rewards each month, do share your knowledge.

I'm not certain though what day of the month these rewards are given,

It should be on the day your subscription renews. So, if day 1 of your subscription is, say, Nov. 15, 2012, then you'd get another stipend on Dec. 16 (on day 31). That's how it works in most other games. I could see EA giving you a lump sum once they have their money, but I think the smaller amount spread out over the subscription period would entice the player to actually buy some coins. It's the old "I can wait and get it for free, or I can get some coins now and have it now" conundrum. Patience is hardly a virtue of the modern gamer.

Edited by JacenHallis

Does that include 60 days game time cards? Will the reward be higher if one enters more game time card codes tegether?

I think a '2 month, non-recurring subscription' IS the 60 day time card--it's not a subscription option if you pay with credit card.

I had 450 Cartel Coins on my account when I signed on today. One previous month (200) and the one-time grant (250). I resubscribed a few days before the free-to-play option based on, "If you’re a paying Subscriber at the launch of the Free-to-Play option on November 15th, you will be granted all of the Complimentary Cartel Coins currently listed on your Cartel Coin Ledger page, plus a one-time grant of 250 Complimentary Cartel Coins!"

If the Monthly Subscriber Reward of 500 Complimentary Cartel Coins is distributed at the time of payment, as I've been led to believe, does this mean if I would have received more Cartel Coins if I waited until today to resub? I hope this is not the case as it seems misleading and takes advantage of loyal players.

I had 450 Cartel Coins on my account when I signed on today. One previous month (200) and the one-time grant (250). I resubscribed a few days before the free-to-play option based on, "If you’re a paying Subscriber at the launch of the Free-to-Play option on November 15th, you will be granted all of the Complimentary Cartel Coins currently listed on your Cartel Coin Ledger page, plus a one-time grant of 250 Complimentary Cartel Coins!"

If the Monthly Subscriber Reward of 500 Complimentary Cartel Coins is distributed at the time of payment, as I've been led to believe, does this mean if I would have received more Cartel Coins if I waited until today to resub? I hope this is not the case as it seems misleading and takes advantage of loyal players.

This is the response I received from customer support today (3 days later...)

"Thank you for contacting us regarding your Cartel Coins.

We have become aware that players have expressed concern about the number of Cartel Coins listed on their individual Cartel Coin Ledger page.

We would like to clarify the following information for you:

* Cartel Coins are not awarded for the 30 days free game time included with the purchase of the game

* Cartel Coins are not awarded for the 30 days free game time awarded as part of the loyalty program earlier this year

* Cartel Coins are not awarded for any compensation time granted to your account for any other reason

For more information on Cartel Coins and the Free-to-Play option, please see this news article on our website: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20121016 or visit our dedicated help center section: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6449

If you believe that you have still received the incorrect amount of Cartel Coins since the launch of Free to Play, then please submit a new ticket and an agent will investigate your issue as soon as possible.

Please note that our Customer Service team cannot provide any additional information on Cartel Coins rewards. We recommend that you keep an eye on http://www.swtor.com/free/features for any future announcements.

Should you require further assistance with any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Galactic Support is our specialty..."

So they duped people into resubscribing before the launch of F2P so subscribers could get the super-secret EXCLUSIVE one-time Cartel Coin grant...that was really only intended to give people half of what they deserved and paid for. Yup.

Edited by Yupignome

This is the response I received from customer support today (3 days later...)

"Thank you for contacting us regarding your Cartel Coins.

We have become aware that players have expressed concern about the number of Cartel Coins listed on their individual Cartel Coin Ledger page.

We would like to clarify the following information for you:

* Cartel Coins are not awarded for the 30 days free game time included with the purchase of the game

* Cartel Coins are not awarded for the 30 days free game time awarded as part of the loyalty program earlier this year

* Cartel Coins are not awarded for any compensation time granted to your account for any other reason

For more information on Cartel Coins and the Free-to-Play option, please see this news article on our website: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20121016 or visit our dedicated help center section: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6449

If you believe that you have still received the incorrect amount of Cartel Coins since the launch of Free to Play, then please submit a new ticket and an agent will investigate your issue as soon as possible.

Please note that our Customer Service team cannot provide any additional information on Cartel Coins rewards. We recommend that you keep an eye on http://www.swtor.com/free/features for any future announcements.

Should you require further assistance with any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Galactic Support is our specialty..."

So they duped people into resubscribing before the launch of F2P so subscribers could get the super-secret EXCLUSIVE one-time Cartel Coin grant...that was really only intended to give people half of what they deserved and paid for. Yup.

As I understand it, you got so many points for all the time you were subed pre-launch. The 500 coins per 30 days, is the post launch amount. So if you subed on the day after launch you would get nothing till 30 days had pasted. what you got for subing before launch is the pre launch amount, wich was 200 coins per 30 days, if I rember right. So no one was duped.

So basically if you had paid for your subscription before the 15th of a month you lose out and have to wait until December for your first Subscriber Monthly Grant because F2P started on the 15th? ... nice. Those who have got a grant already so far must have subbed on or between the 15th to 19th.

Why did they not start the grant in December or give those who subbed prior to the 15th of a month their grant yet? Have I missed something here or did post 15th subscribers just lose out on one month?

Edited by Tordos