Companions you wanted to have but couldn't

Zardac_the_Great

Greetings!

So, I saw a thread about companions you didn't want to take but had to, and this sort of popped into my mind. What NPCs have you run across who you wanted to take as a companion, but the game wouldn't let you?

There are two for me so far, one is Nadriel Pridence, the Jedi smugglers run across on Tatooine. She was completely oblivious and ditzy while also being self righteous. Somehow, I found the combination to be hilarious.

Also, my inquisitor ran across someone on Nar Shadaa who had Lord Kallig's lightsaber. I can't remember their name, but it seemed fitting that the descendent of the servant should join up with the descendent of the master.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, If you've been to Voss on the JK, you can tell

that the Voss woman, Tala-Reh, SHOULD HAVE TOTALLY BEEN YOUR OTHER COMPANION.

Instead, we got Rusk. >_>

I forgot about

Tale-Reh. She was cool.

Rusk, on the other hand, is...very very odd.

Edited by Zardac_the_Great

The first one to come to my mind is in the Trooper story. I would've liked to see...

Fuse.

Instead of the utterly illogical "decision" scene on Tatooine that follow no sense whatsoever, just have him live and get taken back. By the time the Trooper has to recruit an explosives expert in chapter 2, Fuse can be trying to redeem himself, but on a very short leash, for obvious reasons. He ends up providing a similar role to the "fallen from grace" Vik without the problem of being an utter sociopath who doesn't fit with the rest of Havoc, and his personal story could have been used to tie up all the various points about the old Havoc Squad that just sort of drop off the face of the galaxy after Coruscant.

Well, on Nar Shaddaa as a warrior, you run into

Lord Rathari

who says that he will pledge allegiance to you. Instead, we get Jaesa three planets later :|

on the matter of the SW i would've taken Sharack Breev (that one girl on Tatooine) in place of Pierce or Broonmark, maybe Vette.

I agree about the first, he could have replaced Broonmark easily. We have to have Jeasa, though, because it's pretty clear that she's going to play into the story in important ways. I'm pretty sure that she's who the skull reading on Korriban referred to. My only real problem with Jaesa is that they didn't bother to give LS Jaesa different fight comments which makes her creepy as hell.

Haven't got very far into the smuggler story, but mine would have gladly traded Risha for

her 'friend'

on Taris.

As a knight, I'd very much have liked to be able to add

Lord Praven,

although since the knight has my favorite companion of all of them in Lord Scourge, I can't complain too much.

Edited by errant_knight

On my Jedi Knight, Watcher One. I liked the fact he was someone who clearly was focused on his mission without any of the strange attachment to slaughter that some expect from the Sith empire. I could have used someone like him around in place of Doc or Rusk. Would have been weird to have three former imperials in my crew, but I could have overlooked that.

Mild spoilers for Imperial story lines here.

Biggest surprise in this thread so far been how long it took for Thana Vesh to be mentioned. I am not interested in having her as companion however.

If I could choose then perhaps Chiss officer that you could promote to commander from Hoth for my Inquisitor. Inquisitor group is rather diverse except lack of military expert (like Quinn for Warrior for example) as I am unsure of Andronikos skills in that area.

For my warrior on other hand too many military ones as is already so something different...someone like Talos would be great, but I am drawing blank on who would be appropriate. There are some in Belsavis, but do not remember name and not sure how good they are.

BH and IA I am drawing blank currently. Both of them lacking force user companion, but would not make much sense to give them one. If skip reasoning then I would take Jedi apprentice from end of Act I in BH case. In IA case I suppose could have Jadus or Kharrid assign one low ranked Sith to your service.

Mild spoilers for Imperial story lines here.

Biggest surprise in this thread so far been how long it took for Thana Vesh to be mentioned. I am not interested in having her as companion however.

If I could choose then perhaps Chiss officer that you could promote to commander from Hoth for my Inquisitor. Inquisitor group is rather diverse except lack of military expert (like Quinn for Warrior for example) as I am unsure of Andronikos skills in that area.

For my warrior on other hand too many military ones as is already so something different...someone like Talos would be great, but I am drawing blank on who would be appropriate. There are some in Belsavis, but do not remember name and not sure how good they are.

BH and IA I am drawing blank currently. Both of them lacking force user companion, but would not make much sense to give them one. If skip reasoning then I would take Jedi apprentice from end of Act I in BH case. In IA case I suppose could have Jadus or Kharrid assign one low ranked Sith to your service.

I wouldn't want to have Thana for a companion of every character, I just think she'd be a good one to have the option for. My SI let her live and could probably become a friendly-rival type of companion. My BH put her down when given the chance. :p

I would have loved a generic apprentice companion, maybe have a complete character customization for her and name her yourself...Although I suppose that might have been a pain to do the companion story for that.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Kira, but this is kinda what I first thought of when I originally found out that my Knight would get his own Padawan back when the game was still in development.

I so wanted to have Aristocra Saganu für my Imperial Agent (and to continue the romance). I don't like the companion I got instead at all.

I mean... a handsome chiss joining my party...a dream come true. Not to mention, why is it always the male players get two romanceable companions? I want to throw her out of the airlock and get Saganu instead.

Rajivari for my Sith Warrior (preferably also romanceable) would also have been great *sighs*

For my Consular? Oh, I would have loved to have Daddy Grell as a guest star party member for a mission. Great guy. Republic needed more like him. Also wouldn't mind teaming up with Ambassador Asara from the Esseles run for a while. She'd make a pretty good teammate for a less-than-Light 5 Consular. And Gaden-Ko. Wow. I TOTALLY wanted this guy in my party. Sure, kid. Your vision said "see the galaxy." I'll take you everywhere and you can judge us for yourself. (He'd probably be a high light as far as alignment)

I haven't gone too far with my Bounty Hunter, but so far I'm not meeting much of anyone I even like, much less want aboard my ship. So far, it's Mako and me against the bigoted, Sith-dominated cesspit that is Imperial space. Crysta, though, is making me want to start learning the Resol'nare. The Mando'ade are complete di'kute for being Sith spear-carriers for a third time over, but they respect fighters regardless of species and they don't fawn over the saber-swingers. I'd be glad to join her crew.

Sort of hard to romance a dead man, don't you think?

Oups, my bad, thank you got correcting me. I recently played consular and got them confused. I meant the one on nar shaddaa the SW encounters. I'm not really good with names.

• 3 weeks later...
I get the feeling Hallow Voice and Gaden-Ko were probably intended to be the Jedi Consular's melee tank and healer companion at some point in the drafting process, but they're so late in the story that they couldn't be. Would have liked them to be, though. Both are from strange alien cultures with some very non-standard views on the Force, and it probably would have been interesting for the Consular to hear their points of view.