Joomla and SWTOR

MasterApollo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool, thx aicha.

Ive tried both progession modules. the one from the zeph did some wierd things with the bossnames, and i wasnt in the mood to go fiddle around with it. Sorry Zeph :(

Aicha's module is based on the same package but working superb!

u should post it at the joomla extensions website mate. Good job!

EDIT:

Found out why Zeph's isnt working as intended. Zeph's module is based on 1.5, while i am using V2.

Aicha's is based on 1.7 wich works fine on V2.

Sorry m8.. this is not true.. i'm running 1.7 :)

• 5 weeks later...
Funnily enough, it has been incompatibility issues that kept me on 1.5 for so long. As with all new releases, although this is a major release for Joomla, I'll wait to let it mature before changing.

I am kinda the same way. That's why I took a WoW Recruitment module for 1.5 and Tweeked it into a SWTOR Republic recruitment Module. If anyone wants it or instructions how to edit into an Empire Recruitment Module let me know.

It can be viewed at Death Before Dishonor's SWTOR Home

You can PM me here or at our Web Site but I only check in here about 1 time a week, I am on our Guilds site several times a day.

On another note the Raid Planner in the 2nd post of this thread DOES work on 1.5 as well as 1.7

:)

Edited by DbDBear

• 2 weeks later...

AichaHalcyon,

Do you have the updated Module files for your boss mod available ? Would love to get the new zones added to mine. I'm not a programmer, just a artist building a site for my guild running Joomla's latest version.

If anyone else has any updated modules for Raid Planning, DKP, Server status etc. Please post them here and lets keep this post alive and updated.

Thanks,

Xandria

Hey all, I updated the version for the Operation Progression Module (aka, SWTOR BOSS).

Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?al3ksk3zlfack86

It lists the new Operation as Explosive Conflict, but you can change that to Denova by just going into the Language > en-GB > en-GB.mod_wowboss.ini file and changing the following line from:

MOD_WOWBOSS_DENOVA="Explosive Conflict"

to

MOD_WOWBOSS_DENOVA="Denova"

If you want to do that, make you do it prior to uploading it to your server, it's easier than trying to go through your database.

(Some people refer to it as the name of the mission, some as the name of the Operation.)

If anyone has any problems with it, or finds a bug, or even if I uploaded the wrong version, just let me know. Hope this helps you guys. Cheers!

Edited by AichaHalcyon

I would really like to use these mods but they are not compatible for 1.5. If there is any way to create a 1.5 version for these (or share a link to help me do so), It would be very appreciated.

I personally do not have the technical know-how to build a module from scratch. Especially considering that my only experience with Joomla has been the 1.6 - 2.5 series. If you know enough that you can hack and slash the code, I would look at the Joomla Extension Directory. Specifically the "Sports and Games" category. "World of Warcraft game" subcategory might have mods you could edit.

To be honest, if I were you, I would look into upgrading to the new stable release. Joomla will be ending their official support of 1.5 soon, if they haven't already. Also, they play to release a new update every 6 months (3.0, 3.5, etc...). I realize it totally sucks, and a lot of your favorite components/mods/templates aren't going to transfer over. And the amount of community members creating content for 1.5, which is already smallish, is going to keep diminishing.

If you at least want to look into what it would take to migrate 1.5 to 2.5, here is a link to Joomla's documentation.

Edit: Apparently DbDBear has a recruitment module that works with 1.5, and he also says the Raid Planner in the 2nd post works with 1.5. Maybe if he's subscribed to the thread he can help you out, or maybe try sending him a PM.

Edited by AichaHalcyon

Hey,

I'm trying to install the raid planner onto my website (2.5) but when i upload the zip file in the extension installer i get this error:

Unable to find install package

I unzipped and then rezipped it so there weren't any additional sub folders before the content but no joy.

Any suggestions?

Hey,

I'm trying to install the raid planner onto my website (2.5) but when i upload the zip file in the extension installer i get this error:

I unzipped and then rezipped it so there weren't any additional sub folders before the content but no joy.

Any suggestions?

I can confirm that it didn't work for me either. I tried it on my 1.7 install on my winamp server. A different version that I had was able to be loaded, so there may be something goofy with the package that is linked in this thread. idk

Personally I would probably go straight to the source for the original, WoW based planner. You can download the latest stable version at the top of this page. If you want to change the role icons, prior to upload, just choose the icons you like best, resize them with your image editor of choice (i like gimp), and upload them to the images > role_icons folder. You can also add any raid icon image by going into images > raid_icons folder and uploading them.

That's essentially what I did with mine. If you want an example, click here. My color scheme leaves a bit to be desired, but that's because of the template I created, not anything Raid Planner did.

Edited by AichaHalcyon

HI AichaHalcyon ,

Nice job man!

i install your mod on my joomla after i migrate my joomla without problème (joomla 1.7 fr + jfusion 1.6 => joomla 1.7 fr + jfusion 1.7.5 =>joomla 2.5.4 + pack fr + jfusion 1.7.5)

I can configure swtor boss but .....when i saw for result.... I have this: MOD_WOWBOSS_ETERNITY_VAULT

MOD_WOWBOSS_ANNIHILATION

MOD_WOWBOSS_GHARJ

MOD_WOWBOSS_PYLONS

MOD_WOWBOSS_COUNCIL

MOD_WOWBOSS_SOA

because it Fr are automaticly configure, i see than the fr-FR.mod_wowboss.ini and fr-FR.mod_wowboss..sys.ini does'nt changed (allway wow version ^^ )

So can you make a french version (sory for my bad english :jawa_angel: )

Thanks!

my guilde web site : http://www.sw-adastra.fr/

darkrushdi,

Yeah, I definitely didn't alter the module for use other than English. I can get around to a French version, but I'm not sure when I will have a chance to get to it. Should be within the next couple days, maybe within the week, tops. I can send you a PM on this site whenever I do get it done.

If you wanted to help, could you send me a list of the Operations and Bosses translated to French? It would save me quite a bit of time. Just a PM with:

Eternity Vault = French translation

Gharj = French word for Gharj

Karagaa's Palace = French Karagga's Palace

etc...

P.S. - I would probably disable the mod for now until I get the updated French version available for download.

Edited by AichaHalcyon

Hey,

Any suggestions?

the only thing i can think of is that by default, some web servers in their php settings will only allow 2M max at a time. you may need to change that. otherwise, go to the raidplanner website and submit a bug request directly to the author: http://taracque.hu/raidplanner/

Hey, for those interested in the SWTOR Boss Module translated to French, can anyone send me the French names of the bosses for each Operation, or direct me to a website that has them all written in French so I can copy the names correctly? I want to make sure it's correct, as things don't always translate directly, and my other option would be to use Google Translate.

I took these from the French version of swtor.com:

Eternity Vault: La Chambre de L'Éternité

Karagg's Palace: Palais de Karagga

Explosive Conflict: Conflit explosif

I just need the boss names, and I can roll out the French version for those interested. Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for the RaidPlanner for Joomla 1.7. This are very fun :)

I have just a little problem. I show you :

http://www.lapinscannibales.org/raidplannerproblem.png

I need to change the police colors because we cant see everything. Thank you for your help and also thank for your work :)

I had the same problem. Mine was caused because my Joomla template uses a white font, so it looked completely washed out when I first uploaded RaidPlanner.

I added these lines to the bottom of my template.css file:

/* Custom styles */

#sbox-content { background-color: #75151a; }

You can access your template.css file by going to Extensions > Template Manager > Templates > "Your Template" Details and Files > Stylesheets > Edit css/template.css

What this SHOULD do is change the background color of the pop-up window. I think that's all I did. Instead of color: #75151a (kinda dark red) you might want to use something like #1f1f1f (dark greyish). Just pick a color that is a dark blue or white. You can always change the class colors. You can see what this changes by clicking here and opening an event: http://www.omegacompany.netii.net/index.php/raidplanner

Otherwise if you keep having trouble, I would visit the author's site, he typically responds pretty quickly. Hope this helps!

Edited by AichaHalcyon

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Folks,

I tried downloading the raidplanner linked on the first page that's supposed to be based off of Taracque's WoW raidplanner. After installing the modules/plugins/component when I go to the component to fill out raid information it still has the WoW classes in it. Does anyone have a link to the modified raidplanner? It would save me some time of digging into this to change the class names, raid locations and such.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...