Section X is terrible

-Samhain-

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My conclusion: the Section X dailies are buggy and the difficulty of them is extremely disproportionate compared to the rewards you receive. Now, let me just say that not all of them are this way, but for most people that don't spend their entire lives doing dailies it seems like a lot of time and effort to spend even for weekly rewards considering how difficult some of the dailies are.

Considering I get 5 Black Hole Comms a day from just doing Flashpoints what incentive do I have to ever come back here for a WEEKLY?

Here's the inherent problem with the claims that there isn't enough end-game content or that they don't release new end-game content fast enough. The truth is that most of the people making those claims don't even care about the content. They are all about loot and rewards. They are calculating their loot per minute and they will only keep running the same stuff that gives them the highest ratio return on their time. They will ignore other content. Then, they claim there is not enough new content or that they are "bored".

complaints complaints complaints... When will it ever stop??

As to the OP, im also a geard assassin tank, fully blackhole/campain, and with stock HK-51 i have absolutly no trouble in soloing every mission on section x except the heroic with is ment to be a 4man mission.

And yes, one mission is bugged, but Im pretty sure BW is awere of it and working on a fix...

The only thing I dont like in section x is that I find it abit messy and small...

I'm glad *most* people in this thread seem to give Section X a thumbs up, but I wonder how you'll feel in a month, when the newness is gone and it's just another auto pilot grinding comms section. IMO most people don't want dailies to be too time consuming...especially people with multiple 50s. If this was a continuation of the story or something, then yeah, the longer it takes the better. Edited by HarleysRule

All dailies become a grind eventually. I like the area, I like that it really does encourage grouping up (I can solo everything but the 4 man, BUT it's so much faster and easier to do the whole thing with a group, whereas I don' t feel that way about the Black Hole, it's so easy).

My only complaints about it are that

1) Mobs are too densely packed in areas where I simply want to pass through, and I end up getting knocked off my speeder a lot, and

2) Targeted Misfire sucks because there are not enough Marskmen spawning to sustain the number of people killing them. AND their drop rate is not consistent. Double whammy.

I never really had too much of an issue with the munition caches in the black hole area, and once they upped the spawn rate it was completely fine. There needs to be some similar adjustment here.

Edited by chuixupu

I don't really care for the place. The mobs hit harder and the quests seem to take longer. I can solo anything in Ilum, Black Hole, and Belsavis. Yet, even if I could kill HM FP's worth of mobs in Aurora, I still couldn't solo the place.

It seems rather dumb that I can solo HM FP's, but there's a mechanic that requires me to group with other people. And seeing as how you need 4 people for the end part, now I need to find someone who can heal.

Terrible set-up Bioware and I hope you never repeat this type of stuff again.

As for freeing the leaders, this quest is bugged on instance 1 if you switch to instance 2 it is ok an all the leaders are shackled or atleast it was for me. Why are you complaining about having to do a heroic 4 with 4 ppl that is just ridiculous. Hence the name of the type of quest.

I haven't had any issues completing any of the missions other than The Aurora Cannon:. You need 4 people to complete this if you take a compaion you are screwed got all the way to the end and then could not complete it. Pissed me off no end.

Have to say the rewards hardly seem that much better than any of the other locations and daily comms are almost worthless these days so not usre why I would do Section X over Illum (more credits) or black Hole (easier).

I also agree. Overall, the time needed to do these dailies does not qualify them as "dailies" in my opinion. they are interesting quests, and I enjoy the area as AN AREA. but trying to get all the qeusts done, having to grind through tons of irrelevant mobs to get to them, and the sheer distance involved makes these take a great deal more time then the BH do.

with my limited time doing dailies, i will only be doing this on the first day after the reset. Ill chug through it to get the BH comms, but as a real "daily" option...it's not an option. your average player does not have 3-4 hours a day to do dailies.

BH dailies was perfect. I was actually looking forward to seeing them progress further in that light. tight, compact area, a sensible circuit for the quests, a straightforward Heroic (doable with less then needed if you were geared enough), and nice rwards for the time invested. Section X is not like this. even to this day I enjoy BH dailies. though I've done them hundreds of times, and the main reason is its simple and fast. no matter which way i run it, X is just a dragging grind.

A couple of additional thoughts.

I think once players find the path of least resistance, the paths that allow them to get to their objective the fastest, it will not take to much longer to complete Section X than Illum or Bel.

I haven't had a problem with mob density because there have been so many players crusing through the areas and vaults that I have been able to avoid aggro when needed.

I like to solo dailies as I seem to go faster, but... Section X will be the exception to my rule. Section X IMO is designed to be a group dailies area. Mob density and the number of elites points to it. I ran through it with guildies and it was fast and a lot of fun. The H4 is genius. A true Heroic 4 that can not be solo'ed, as it should be.

BTW, I ran through it today with HK-51 and couldn't get enough of it. lol! HK has a one shot kill after 5 stacks Enemy Eliminated which does massive damage to a strong or weak mob. I'm not exaggerating. The hit point damage was unreal, 50K in one instance. Anyway, it can't be done in combat, but sizing up a group of mobs, including strongs, with that little tid bit in my back pocket made more some interesting game play.

Edited by Rafaman

As for freeing the leaders, this quest is bugged on instance 1 if you switch to instance 2 it is ok an all the leaders are shackled or atleast it was for me. Why are you complaining about having to do a heroic 4 with 4 ppl that is just ridiculous. Hence the name of the type of quest.

Are you unable to solo the heroics from the previous dailies? It's just terrible that I can solo every single one but they're putting in a mechanic specifically so you cannot do it. It's their prerogative, but it's a big turn off that I have to now look for people to group who would be subpar to my healer comp, but I have to cuz my comp can't click panels.

I don't think the difficulty of the quests are a problem. I've done them on on a rep and imp char that have no raid gear and can complete them just fine.

The problem with the area is that just getting to the quest objectives are tedious enough to not want to bother unless you are playing a stealth character.

To me, when you are creating a set of quests with the intention of having people complete them once a day, then the number one thing you should be aiming for is to make them quick and painless. People want challenging quests for story and group content. Not for some meaningless, click 5 on these things and kill 10 of those guys, turn in and get your token quests. People want to knock those out of the way quickly so they can be done with them for the day and go on to play other parts of the game they enjoy more.

That's why to me, I look at the black hole daily quest hub as about to close to perfect as you can get. The quests are laid out in a way the requires little to no backtracking, you can travel to the objectives with having to fight little to no meaningless trash mobs in the way and if you play at off peak hours like I do, can be done with them in 15-20 mins easy. Quick and painless.

These new ones though? When riding from one quest objective to another only to be knocked off my speeder (The same speeder that in the tooltip tells me that it offers great protection against getting knocked off....HA!) 4 times from the wall to wall of densely packed trash mobs? Well, that makes me not want to bother.

I guess some people don't mind fighting pack after pack of trash mobs, but I am not one. I'm the type who after fighting my way to the back of the 1000 cave or corridor or hallway (In case you didn't know, there are an awful lot of quests in SWTOR that make you do this.) to finish the quest, gets tired of fighting my way back out and decides from now on to just make a run for it (if QT is on CD) whether or not I make it out alive.

tl;dr: until they adjust the mob density in the area, I don't see myself doing these dailies more than once a week as they become just too tedious to do. Some people may confuse the boring and tedious task of fighting through tons of trash mobs to get to quest areas and objectives as challenging, but I'm not one of them, sorry.

Edited by Vellem

I wrote about this a while back.

The rewards for completing the dailies in Section X are terribly low considering you get the same amts of comms for brezzing thru' them at the Black Hole. In section X you practically have to fight your way to any daily unlike BH in Corellia where you can knock them all out in about 30 mins.

They need to up the comms for this area.

I don't really care for the place. The mobs hit harder and the quests seem to take longer. I can solo anything in Ilum, Black Hole, and Belsavis. Yet, even if I could kill HM FP's worth of mobs in Aurora, I still couldn't solo the place.

It seems rather dumb that I can solo HM FP's, but there's a mechanic that requires me to group with other people. And seeing as how you need 4 people for the end part, now I need to find someone who can heal.

Terrible set-up Bioware and I hope you never repeat this type of stuff again.

Excellent. They should frame this and send it to BioWare. It hits the nail right on the head. Very well said.

Personally, I don't bother with Section X. I got my HK and that's it for me. When they fix this dumb setup and award more comms then I'll go there but for now. Not!

Edited by RikHar

Yeah i'm going to stay away from this place, I found it very hard to enjoy myself in this place as once again they do not take a player's time into account. Why go through Section X and spend more than an hour when you can go to BH and ilum for about the same time ??

What ever..have fun in that horrid place.

Yeah it's a bit full on but I think it's intended for higher geared players. Bit more challenging and all that. Although my rep and imp mains are geared enough to solo all but the h4 it isn't fun and I'll only do it once for the weekly. It's impossible to get through the place without agroing lots of mobs. Edited by coille

Ok, so I spent most of the last few days getting HK-51 on all of my lvl 50 toons. I found the HK-51 quest to be quite enjoyable and definitely easy enough to bypass the 1million credit cost in order to obtain it on all my toons (even those that I won't even bother using him on). So after I finished my HK-51 quests, I decided to take a shot at the new Section X dailies to see what they were like. My conclusion: the Section X dailies are buggy and the difficulty of them is extremely disproportionate compared to the rewards you receive. Now, let me just say that not all of them are this way, but for most people that don't spend their entire lives doing dailies it seems like a lot of time and effort to spend even for weekly rewards considering how difficult some of the dailies are.

Lost Reconnaissance:

Whose bright idea was it to make the Wild Beast portion of this so stupidly rare? Ok, so if I kill a group of 4 Tuk'ata I get ONE kill closer to the 18 I need to complete the quest, but if I kill a group of 5 Bogwings I get 5 kills closer? Needless to say Bogwing groups are rare while the place is virtually littered with Tuk'ata and DROID groups that seem to do absolutely nothing (perhaps the droid groups are for the Republic?). Anyway, this needs to be adjusted. Granted it's a heroic 2 mission but who is honestly running more than 1 person regularly for such a simple quest? This is just a time sink as far as I can tell.

March of the Dread Guard:

Defend the Shipment all over again. Currently this quest seems to be bugged as you are unable to free the Prison Leaders.

Targeted Misfire:

The drop rate on the Airstrike Codes off of Marksmen is absurdly low. This needs to be adjusted immediately somehow. The amount of Marksmen spawns is already low, though there seems to be no shortage of strong and elite level jedi in the area. On top of this the respawn rates are abysmal. Add to this a low drop rate on the codes and it's a recipe for a ridiculous time sink. Everyone is running around trying to find 1 Marksmen in a group of 6 mobs, and even if you happen to find 3 marksmen in a single group, chances are you're likely to see zero code drops. It reminds me of Deadly Mutations if Deadly Mutations required a drop from the Cthon's.

The Aurora Cannon:

I have yet to even try Aurora Cannon yet. The consensus seems to be that it requires at least 3 people to do it, if not 4. Therefore I won't be doing this quest until sometime over the weekend. I understand this is a 4man Heroic though so I'll give Bioware the benefit of the doubt on this one for now.

Data Raid:

A fairly easy mission, though the amount of strongs and elites seem fairly high considering the rewards. I have no major complaints about this mission, it seems balanced enough, though it should be on the more difficult end of the spectrum for a DAILY.

Hyperbiology:

No problems here, I think this is a well balanced quest, maybe even too easy, but maybe I only think that after I've done the rest of the missions.

Let me just say that I ran this on my main and these are my initial impressions. My main is a geared Assassin Tank with a decently geared HK-51 companion, which means that things are usually significantly easier for this toon than for other toons that I have at 50. I can run Black Hole dailies (including Torvix) in 20min solo. I haven't even finished all of the dailies on Section X and it's been over an hour...yet for some reason both of these daily sections give the same amount of Black Hole Commendations. Considering I get 5 Black Hole Comms a day from just doing Flashpoints what incentive do I have to ever come back here for a WEEKLY?

the QQ is strong with this one

it really boggles my mind how whiny people in this community can really be. it's almost as if it snowballs and because someone else demands X, then they can demand Y

it really boggles my mind how whiny people in this community can really be. it's almost as if it snowballs and because someone else demands X, then they can demand Y

The OP gave a detailed and constructive breakdown of the new area and gave his opinion on what he thought was ok and what he thought needed work.

Rather than try to counter anything he said, you came in here and called him a whiner.

Guess whose post is more worthless?

(Hint: It's not the OP)

Edited by Vellem

Not sure how some people are wiping in it. It's really easy...even the heroic 4 is easy. I two manned it with a friend until the end, where it requires four people to drop the shields and throw the bomb. It doesn't take as long as the old Belsavis dalies either, so I like it. Edited by Radzkie

WTB section Y!

Wait, WTB more Y for section X!

No, Whar's mah Y!

Okay okay, Section X needs moar Z, I want to know Y!

:D