Need tips on leveling

XAtrophi

Not on how to level faster but rather just how to get through it period. Its been a while since leveling a new alt and i cant for the life of me, get past the 30s even while 2x exp was going. So any tips on getting through it? ways to make it more...bearable?

I thought about just doing the KDY grind to just rush through it but after getting all the achievements i never want to set foot in that cesspool again, but it might be the lesser of 2 evils; Planetary quests vs KDY.

IMPORTANT NOTE: To any actual new players im not saying leveling isnt fun, it is very interesting, the first time. Its just after playing through each side 4 times its rough.;)

Edited by XAtrophi

If you have a tank class, you can get very fast ques for flash points and earn tons of XP.

On my newer alts I've unlocked the xp legacy bonus and stacked a cartel consumable on top of rested XP and seen nearly a full level in a single flash point, doing the bonus boss.

The downside of flash points of course, being the mixed bag of people you get helping you.

Newbie DPS can be a pain if they run ahead and pull groups on their own.

Old-timers can be a pain if they start nerd-raging at you in a flash point you've never done before.

And lets not forget the healer to goes AFK mid boss fight because his mom is yelling at him to empty the trash...:rolleyes:

MOST of them will be fairly productive for your leveling needs, especially when you stack bonuses like I suggested.

On my 4th time through I'm really sick of the planetary quests. Like you said, they're awesome the first time through. 4th time it's like "I destroyed the rare hidden Rakata super weapon... Again."

I buy the legacy class xp bonus and war zone xp bonus then do warzones and GSF missions to fill fill it the xp between class missions . I can do a planet one night, then pvp a couple nights, then the next planet.

I'm sure running Flashpoints would be an alternative for people who don't pvp.

My general approach when leveling a new toon is balancing quests with PvP. I tend to finish off a planet's story mission completing side and planetary quests as I go along, then I will spend some time in the fleet and que for PvP; mainly to get a break from the sometimes dreary grinding that comes with regular missions. So far it's worked out quite well and, once I get to 55, I'm already stacked with Warzone comms allowing me to get some starting gear easily (Although most of the time I already have gear set aside that I got with my other toons).

Hope this helps.