The Bastion DPS Leaderboard.

marshmallow

Really dude???? Like I honestly wasn't gonna say anything. I've always found that attacking someone for grammar and spelling was like one of the last lines of defense, and I was staying away from that post till now. But do you know what a period (.) is? That is one long uncomprehending ramble. I don't even know where to begin. Honestly dude, read your own stuff first. Then you can criticize someone else? "Hello, is this pot?" "Ah yeah, how can I help you?" "This is kettle. I called to inform you... your black, that is all."

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? #love not war

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm290/gorband/Icancounttopotato.jpg

Hey Mauull the merciless here, guy whos always on your mind. I would like all of you to join me in congratulating gorband for learning to spell all those words. Also being brave enough to post a picture of himself in school. #Lotsoflove

Edited by Okuy

Hey Mauull the merciless here, guy whos always on your mind. I would like all of you to join me in congratulating gorband for learning to spell all those words. Also being brave enough to post a picture of himself in school. #Lotsoflove

Love the haircut bra, totally 1970s retro on us ;)

Picture of Okuy/Keeling/Maull

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm290/gorband/EUmadbro.png

Edited by Gorband

Love the haircut bra, totally 1970s retro on us ;)

Picture of Okuy/Keeling/Maull

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm290/gorband/EUmadbro.png

Mauull the merciless here, guy whos always on your mind. i'd like everyone to congratulate gorbandi on his amazing totally original response, come on dont be shy. I'm sure if he hasnt bitten you before hes not original enough to do so. #Cutepicbrah

Oh and I lol'd at your signature. GJ pulling 2.4k on kephess the undying LMFAO. I also lol'd when I saw 1.5k on writhing horror. Wheres that freighter flyby at lmao

Yea I wish I could sit on bosses and have the fights tailored to myself instead of having to do all the mechanics work. Btw, we only have 1 set of adds on writhing horror, that's where "freighter flyby"(Orbital Strike) is. Then orb duty and kite duty for kephess. Add duty on tfb...I'm just not in a position to push for top dps /shrug Closest position I have is on Dread Guard which I fell out from top 50 by about 40 dps this week.

Edited by Ghobe

Yea I wish I could sit on bosses and have the fights tailored to myself instead of having to do all the mechanics work. Btw, we only have 1 set of adds on writhing horror, that's where "freighter flyby"(Orbital Strike) is. Then orb duty and kite duty for kephess. Add duty on tfb...I'm just not in a position to push for top dps /shrug Closest position I have is on Dread Guard which I fell out from top 50 by about 40 dps this week.

You're not a tank you don't have to kite kephess. I'm fairly sure its impossible to only have one set of adds on writhing horror. I do mechanics work as well. You're bad end of story. You shouldn't be putting low parses against kephess in your signature and acting like they are good.

Bye

You're not a tank you don't have to kite kephess. I'm fairly sure its impossible to only have one set of adds on writhing horror. I do mechanics work as well. You're bad end of story. You shouldn't be putting low parses against kephess in your signature and acting like they are good.

Bye

4 people have to kite on kephess final phase as far as I'm aware, and we put both tanks and the ranged outside(which I'm ranged xP). For writhing horror, you should check out what an assassin tank can make happen on that fight. We get Jealous Male and no little adds, then Jealous Male and a set of adds, then a Jealous Male and no little adds(assuming boss is still alive by this point).

As to where I stand...

Writhing Horror: -113 DPS

Dread Guard: -36 DPS

Operator IX: -93 DPS

Kephess the Undying: -223 DPS

Terror From Beyond: -10 DPS

Zorn & Toth: #13

Firebrand & Stormcaller: -158 DPS

All negative is how far out of top 50.

And I know I still need to tighten up a few things(still find myself energy starved for example)...and maybe need to start considering using adrenals...maybe get that dread guard relic....and making sure I have a stim active xP...and better stims at that oh well /shrug

Edited by Ghobe

4 people have to kite on kephess final phase as far as I'm aware, and we put both tanks and the ranged outside(which I'm ranged xP). For writhing horror, you should check out what an assassin tank can make happen on that fight. We get Jealous Male and no little adds, then Jealous Male and a set of adds, then a Jealous Male and no little adds(assuming boss is still alive by this point).

As to where I stand...

Writhing Horror: -113 DPS

Dread Guard: -36 DPS

Operator IX: -93 DPS

Kephess the Undying: -223 DPS

Terror From Beyond: -10 DPS

Zorn & Toth: #13

Firebrand & Stormcaller: -158 DPS

All negative is how far out of top 50.

And I know I still need to tighten up a few things(still find myself energy starved for example)...and maybe need to start considering using adrenals...maybe get that dread guard relic....and making sure I have a stim active xP...and better stims at that oh well /shrug

Wow, um can't believe am gonna say this but Vexo is right. Why on earth are u kiting kephess at any time? Final phase have everyone collapse on the boss and send the tanks out to run around like idiots. Very few of the people in melee will get hit, and when they do the aoe heals will get them. That's it other then that Kephess TFB HM is a 100 times easier then Kephess EC NiM. And energy starved? Our sniper has never complained. perhaps you need to reevaluate your cool downs to be more efficient, or maybe a different spec. Cute story my man, put its easy to pick apart

Wow, um can't believe am gonna say this but Vexo is right. Why on earth are u kiting kephess at any time? Final phase have everyone collapse on the boss and send the tanks out to run around like idiots. Very few of the people in melee will get hit, and when they do the aoe heals will get them. That's it other then that Kephess TFB HM is a 100 times easier then Kephess EC NiM. And energy starved? Our sniper has never complained. perhaps you need to reevaluate your cool downs to be more efficient, or maybe a different spec. Cute story my man, put its easy to pick apart

Haha thanks Eudorus.

Wow, um can't believe am gonna say this but Vexo is right. Why on earth are u kiting kephess at any time? Final phase have everyone collapse on the boss and send the tanks out to run around like idiots. Very few of the people in melee will get hit, and when they do the aoe heals will get them.

We were told that you need 4 people at ranged. If it's only 2 that's easy to change for the future.

And energy starved? Our sniper has never complained. perhaps you need to reevaluate your cool downs to be more efficient, or maybe a different spec.

I know this. I've spent so long perfecting my rotation without the use of orbital strike in single target situations that I'm trying to figure out the proper placement for it and trying to break my bad habit of where I used it prior when I did(which is what causes the energy problems). It's coming with time.

I also can't be that damned bad if there are only 2 other snipers ahead of me on some fights >.>

We were told that you need 4 people at ranged. If it's only 2 that's easy to change for the future.

I know this. I've spent so long perfecting my rotation without the use of orbital strike in single target situations that I'm trying to figure out the proper placement for it and trying to break my bad habit of where I used it prior when I did(which is what causes the energy problems). It's coming with time.

I also can't be that damned bad if there are only 2 other snipers ahead of me on some fights >.>

Hybles, if he was still around, would be the top DPS on almost every fight. Also, many gunslingers and snipers are WAY higher than you.

Well I can expect to never rank on horror simply due to our strategy.

9 Confirmed on dread guard.

11 Confirmed on operator.

Kephess we've confirmed that my guild has been doing it wrong so we'll see next week.

4 Confirmed on TFB.

3 Confirmed on Z&T.

1 Confirmed on Tanks.

If that's "many" then...sure.

Edited by Ghobe

Well I can expect to never rank on horror simply due to our strategy.

9 Confirmed on dread guard.

11 Confirmed on operator.

Kephess we've confirmed that my guild has been doing it wrong so we'll see next week.

4 Confirmed on TFB.

3 Confirmed on Z&T.

1 Confirmed on Tanks.

If that's "many" then...sure.

Its a hell of a lot more than 2 like you said before

I was told by the nice man in van that there was CANDY in there!. When content is still fairly fresh, its not wrong to look at new ideas and try them. Especially, if your using a different guilds strategy. Who knows maybe you'll come up with something that works better for your raid make up. As far as your rotation here I'll help, since someone decided to call us a "Nice" guild (you all realize I can't stand that). Contact Dizzo/Drizzo in game, he may have the information your looking for. And lets face it not many high end snipers out there, and am not calling you bad, but to use that as a bench mark, is like me calling myself the greatest ice hockey player in all of the Congo.

I'm willing to crown Vexo the king of story modes. Or maybe since he loves parsing against a dummy so much, king of the dummies!

I parse against the dummies to refine my rotation. Then I get a damn good parse and put it up. Also, I'm number one for the bastion on NiM kephess, and the terror from beyond. (destruktions parse on the tfb is irrelevant because he used the void disturbance debuff, bringing his REAL dps down to 1479.9)

#boom

#boss

#themdeeps

For other Snipers wishing to push their DPS on the ops dummy:

Due to my lack of knowledge on how these parses work, I initially would start the fight by putting DoTs up. I was wondering why my average was always sub 1900 until a GS buddy suggested to begin the fight by casting Orbital Strike followed by an Ambush to push the DPS cap up. Using the same rotation, starting the fight with an Orbital+Ambush will bump the parse enough so that your average levels out at higher values (values ofcourse which are still relevant your gear + rotation). And if those crit, it'll raise your average even more.

Ok so far at my current gear, been able to push only 2033 DPS 5 minutes.

http://www.torparse.com/a/65876/time/1354740734/1354741037 with a Rakata attack adrenal, no BT, but used Shattershot which had a 75% uptime.

P.S. As soon as my guild.. comes back from holiday/casual mode hopefully I can start getting my BiS and push the parses again.. unless anyone from the server can make Keen Mods already >__<

Edited by paowee

For other Snipers wishing to push their DPS on the ops dummy:

Due to my lack of knowledge on how these parses work, I initially would start the fight by putting DoTs up. I was wondering why my average was always sub 1900 until a GS buddy suggested to begin the fight by casting Orbital Strike followed by an Ambush to push the DPS cap up. Using the same rotation, starting the fight with an Orbital+Ambush will bump the parse enough so that your average levels out at higher values (values ofcourse which are still relevant your gear + rotation). And if those crit, it'll raise your average even more.

Ok so far at my current gear, been able to push only 2033 DPS 5 minutes.

http://www.torparse.com/a/65876/time/1354740734/1354741037 with a Rakata attack adrenal, no BT, but used Shattershot which had a 75% uptime.

P.S. As soon as my guild.. comes back from holiday/casual mode hopefully I can start getting my BiS and push the parses again.. unless anyone from the server can make Keen Mods already >__<

P.S.S. It would be nice to have more Snipers to talk with regarding optimal specs / stats and stuff!

I've been trading emails with a certain Gunslinger (not from our server) and his parses are beautiful.

http://www.torparse.com/a/62358/time/1354511771/1354512241

(i dont know what buffs/debuffs were present during his parse but I can ask)

Nice!

I'm willing to crown Vexo the king of story modes. Or maybe since he loves parsing against a dummy so much, king of the dummies!

Parsing and pushing numbers in the dummy shouldn't be downgraded! It requires a lot of attention regarding your rotation and one mistake will dip your numbers by a huge amount... (~30-60). I don't know about Marauder rotations but if you are a Sniper for example and you use a Rifle Shot instead of squeezing a DPS ability because you don't have the Crit % to maintain the more energy intensive rotations, you will see that that 1 Rifle Shot will bring your numbers down a lot.

One can argue that if one is able to push the parses as much as one can on the dummy and spends minutes if not hours total on the dummy, then that person have had and HAS considerable enough practice that he can more accurately apply the same performance ON an actual boss fight (mechanics included).

Since the rotation is now "muscle memory" then he can pay more attention to raid mechanics while doing as much DPS as possible. And from the flames that I remember reading in this thread but have been deleted by a mod, knowing raid mechanics means not standing in red circles, not standing in blue circles, paying attention to circles... etc etc.

EDIT* ADDED:

I parse against the dummies to refine my rotation. Then I get a damn good parse and put it up.

Exactly. Parsing against the dummy's sole end-goal is to merely increase personal performance via "refining and figuring out your rotation," see this scenario:

A Sniper on orb duty, wearing, and in a raid group geared with mix BH and Rakata Gear who is currently having trouble with Kephess The Undying timers and trying to figure out how to push his DPS so they can down this damn boss already which they've been wiping on for more than half an hour.

Using Orbital -> Ambush -> DoTs as your rotation will bump your DPS high enough that it just might be the difference between killing Kephess or not because you discovered from parsing that this is the optimal burst DPS rotation. The said rotation significantly increased the Sniper's damage throughout Kephess' 4 stacks as compared to when he was using the rotations below:

Ambush -> DoTs -> Orbital or

DoTs -> Orbital -> Ambush.

Orbital -> Ambush -> DoTs will do more damage because you only have a short amount of time before the 4 stacks run out and so it is important to get your harder hitting abilities first, put dots as fast as you can, followed by a Cull before the stacks run out.

Ofcourse if you are able to precast your DoTs in preparation for a burn phase (which you should.. and there are a lot of opportunities in the Kephess fight even if you are on orb duty), doing a

Orbital -> Ambush -> Cull instead will be your optimal non sustainable burst rotation.

Edited by paowee

What every Sniper should aim for:

http://www.torparse.com/a/62358/time/1354511771/1354512241

(i dont know what buffs/debuffs were present during his parse but I can ask)

Holy hell he misses a lot....though I suppose that's that gunslinger offhand eh?

hrm...uses snipe often-ish...has interrogation probe...maintains shatter...prevents dots from ever becoming weak...has the extra explosives after explosive probe blows...interesting...have no idea what the sniper equivalent of burning force is...unless that's the dread guard relic...did quite a large number of rifle shots...hrm...

Might have to respec...might need to see if I can switch out a rifle shot for a snipe some times...but I don't think I can...hrm...

Edited by Ghobe