Weekly PvP pass price too high IMO

Ksaweri

If it only cost, say, $5 per month to PvP on a f2p account (even if I had to pay extra to unlock the needed action bars, gear etc) I might have actually come back, as PvP is what I only did when I subbed months ago.

I do realise the more coins you buy the better the deal but I'm not dropping a big wad of cash all at once on a game I've already paid for in the past.

As it stands I'm out, I'll see if the prices change in a few months time.

Update:

The point I was making was I'm not going to sub. There is way too much (ever increasing) competition out there for me to sub to this game again. I would be a casual SWTOR player if the price's were better.

I'm one example of an ex-player who will not be returning to the game, and as a few of you have said its cheaper with big purchases of subs/coins but in my OP I said this is exactly what I wont be doing...

Now, coming to the SWTOR forums and telling people what I think about this is bound to attract many naturally biased subscribers (which is fine) telling me to subscribe but my opinion still stands and if you want TOR to survive with a healthy player base I hope somebody out there will listen.

i think it's 7 dollars a month to just PVP with the weekly passes. that's only 2 dollars more than you're 'willing to pay'

Monthly CC cost for PvP Passes = 960

Say I bought the $9.99 pack for 1050 CC.

So it costs me $9.13 for monthly PvP pass. That is not less than half the sub cost.

I would also want to spend 1700 CC on two unlocks for action bars and artifact equipment as an extra cost.

Yesterday i had dinner. I spent almost 45 usd on it. Didn'y bought wine tho.

Suscription is 0.5 USD per day to have full stuff

I know u are complaining because with 0.5 USD u can buy those yummy candies u love.

Lol even here in Argentina u can't even get a bus for 0.5 usd cents

TL;DR: COMPLAINING ABOUT FREE STUFF= PRICELESS

i think it's 7 dollars a month to just PVP with the weekly passes. that's only 2 dollars more than you're 'willing to pay'

Read the 3rd post in this thread...

Yesterday i had dinner. I spent almost 45 usd on it. Didn'y bought wine tho.

Suscription is 0.5 USD per day to have full stuff

I know u are complaining because with 0.5 USD u can buy those yummy candies u love.

Lol even here in Argentina u can't even get a bus for 0.5 usd cents

TL;DR: COMPLAINING ABOUT FREE STUFF= PRICELESS

Good for you.

Anyway, I give up. I'm off to PvP in other games with my monthly budget. I'm a casual gamer who plays maybe 5 or 6 different games, sadly SWTOR isnt good enough value for it to be included at present and I doubt I'm the only one who thinks like that.

Edited by Ksaweri

why do these types of threads always fall into people talking about how that amount is so low. Look you people saying this I bet I have far more money than yall do. That is not the point.

I think all of us want SWTOR to do well. FTP is for several main reasons. It gets hardcore people to pay far more than they would with a sub model. It lowers the barrier of entry and gets people to try the game and then hopefully pay some amount pretty often. ftp helps bring in some small amount from people that wouldn't be there otherwise. It also and very importantly helps keep servers healthy which helps keep subscribers subscribing.

I assume all of us people currently playing want the game to grow. If that assumption is correct then this conversation should be about whether the current price will hurt that growth. I think it will. If a sub price is somewhat high for you then why would you pay several times a sub price.

Remember many of these people aren't sure they want to keep playing. If they were they would probably buy the sub.

Seriously... the way I see it that $12 a month is saving me a ton of money. I can't count how many times I've stayed home on a friday night instead of going out with friends... which usually ends up being at least a $100 bar tab.

Most people spend $12 a week minimum on soda, junk food and a ton of other useless things. $12 a month for hours of entertainment is hardly a lot, especially when you break down how many of hours of entertainment per month.

Maybe it's a different perspective from the view of an adult but I hardly see it being considered expensive. Even at 12-13 years old I was earning more than that for doing chores around the house. :rolleyes:

And here is we totally agree. Watching a 2 hour movie at the theater will cost me up towards 20$ yet I spend 15$ per month for a game i play over 60 hours of month. That is by far a deal. Not to mention, i stay home, drink my rum/coke and have fun. Yes I am married and have two boys in which I play only when she/they go to bed. and i still get to play for so cheap.

Now for people who wish to F2P at a cheaper price or a small price for all the wz's they wish to play but can only receive one WH piece per month. I know the valor is harder to get but we no longer have the centurion/champion gear therefore you hit 50 and can start getting WH weapons. This I disagree with.

Edited by Nataph

F2P was just so you can level and get hooked to the game in that aspect.

Think of it as an extended trial; MMOness to attract WoW players, leveling for KOTOR Refugees, but they didn't want to pay subs. Now, if they just want to play the story and be done, they can do it for $60 (or however much the disc costs, if anything, dunno). If you really want to play a lot then you need to sub. This makes sense...

Normal mmos that go f2p will actually make it worthwhile for people who just want to do one part of the game- like pvp- who are willing to pay some money but don't want a sub. That's because they've realized their game isn't doing well as a sub model and want f2p players to feel like valuable customers too.

This f2p model doesn't do that if you take even a bare minimum look at the prices. To only get one aspect of the game- and still suffer from all sorts of penalties (credit limit, increased cost to buy gear with tokens) as well as have to pay for some necessary features (like being able to wear purples)- you're paying almost as much per month as a subscriber while getting a tiny fraction of what they get.

Sure- on the surface that might seem like it would encourage people to get subs... but frankly, this game ALREADY FAILED with a sub system- what we now have is still a sub system but with a long demo.

After over half a year of non stop arrogance from BW and refusal to listen to anyone while their numbers plummeted- they pull this? It looks like they haven't learned, and they're not trying.

BW- seriously, smarten up, make a real f2p system that actually makes it feel like a good idea to be a f2p member and be paying for the things they like to do. Face it- your customers largely don't want to pay subs, we've had close to a year now to learn that, so stop acting like they do- you need to realize that having 500k subs and 1.5 million customers paying around 5 dollars a month on average to get access to what they like- such as pvp or operations- is going to be much better than having a tiny increase in subs (if that even happens) and a f2p crowd that realizes how huge a rip off this game is and leave in the same disgust they left the game in after 1.2 hit.

The Entitlement Generation seems to want everything for free.

Yes, they want it for free- hence why it was asked for a pass that gives access to one part of the game should be much cheaper than a sub that gives full access and only costs a few bucks more currently.

But I'm sure you, in all your capitalistic wisdom, can explain why you believe that taking a product that isn't doing well (SWTOR) and releasing a very unappealing f2p model that won't attract new consumers is going to turn it around? Oh, you can't, that's right- because it won't, because it never does.

Guess what- a million new players willing to fork over only 5 dollars a month is going to be a lot better than 50k new players forking over 15.

But please- continue the mindless biodroning that you've so gallantly defended this game's decisions for months with as they botched what should have been a million+ sub game for years.