paid Character transfer

Panthorin

I know there are a lot of people that would be willing to do this as we have character spread across multiple server do to the issue of server population. I have 3 level 50's that I would be willing to pay to get these moved to the same servers so legacy stuff could get unlocked. Please make this a priority, you are missing out on a potential revenue stream. If, lets say it is $25 to do this, you would get $50 from me easy!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there are a lot of people that would be willing to do this as we have character spread across multiple server do to the issue of server population. I have 3 level 50's that I would be willing to pay to get these moved to the same servers so legacy stuff could get unlocked. Please make this a priority, you are missing out on a potential revenue stream. If, lets say it is $25 to do this, you would get $50 from me easy!!

same here

Yep..but lets not do like the other MMO and charge 25 bucks a pop..that is really to expensive:wea_01:

Something like this should be free. I pay a subscription fee for the service. I feel like this type of activity should be free for subscription payers, especially with the upcoming free-to-play option. It just doesn't seem right for BioWare to charge me for trying to make the best of its service that I pay for.

Something like this should be free. I pay a subscription fee for the service. I feel like this type of activity should be free for subscription payers, especially with the upcoming free-to-play option. It just doesn't seem right for BioWare to charge me for trying to make the best of its service that I pay for.

Edit:

we only pay for content and access to the game. Server transfers should not be free unless there are server mergers

Edited by Jarlgon

we only pay for content access to the game. Server transfers should not be free unless there are server mergers

I don't view it that way. Paying for content access would mean that I bought some kind of DLC. For example, on the 28th I will buy the Leviathan DLC for ME3. I don't need to keep paying because I already purchased access to the content. For SW:TOR, however, I am continuously paying a subscription for a service, which includes server maintenance, content updates, CS assistance, forum access, et cetera. Under the first part, I desire server access. I want access to the Jung Ma server with my characters that are not there. I would like them to be transferred so that I may enjoy the service to its full extent.

More importantly, $25 is way too much. I think $15 is too expensive. $10 would be understandable, but free is still what I'd like to see based on the money that I already pay. At the moment, I am also not getting my money's worth. Content updates that apply to the $15 I spend for content that I'd enjoy have been slim to none. Counting the two events and the single new Warzone, that's three pieces of content over 7 months, which is not the pace that was advertised. If anything, these transfers should be free on good faith and as a good gesture (especially considering that they've already done transfers for free).

I don't consider server merges to be transfers. Those are more like involuntary relocations, which have already occurred. That is BioWare taking it upon itself to create that problem and then go through with it.

Ok, for those that think it should be free, but all they offered was paid, would you pay?

why do we keep suggesting paying? didnt we just get involuntary transfers. It is not the players fault that their servers died off, now they may be on a server they did not want to play on to begin with

Had they given us the choice between at least 2 servers maybe i could have kept the name i have been using for TOR since KOTOR, one that was being used by a level 12 player when i got to my new server. WTH?

Worse yet we have heard nothing about the toon stuck on these dead servers now that the destination servers are full, what is to become of them?

I have 2 lvl 50s that were moved when the server shut and would love to have them on the server i actually play on, if i have to pay i would expect it to be minimal as a sub payer from day one, one quesation though does anyone from the company actually ever reply to any of these questions? it would be nice to even know if its in the plans and what timescale for implementation

• 1 month later...

I want to mention that Canderous Ordo was wiped out without notification, AFTER I had to consolodate two servers toons onto it.

Suddently I had 14 characters on Jedi Covenant!!!! They moves ALL of my Empire toons to the server I was using for Republic toons. Only mattered because I was on different server so I could enjoy playing the game with my two sons. One in the Navy, one in the Army, one played Sith, the other Jedi!

I feel I got punished when they decided to create "High Capacity" servers!!!! Give the the option to move my toons!!!

Considering the cost of moving characters is nothing to bioware, I think 25 bucks is a bit much. I just moved my characters from GW2 to a different server to join friends. Cost me nothing and took 1 min.

Honestly, server transfers of choice should be free, given a frequency limit (i.e. you can't keep flip-flopping servers daily). However, with F2P imminent, I'm sure EA will try to suck the marrow from the paid transfers bag. Nevermind the fact that their server-balancing "suggested but not forced" (yeah right) moves are what stuck some of us on servers we don't want to begin with.

I'll add my 2credits:

Yes to FREE transfers-

But wait!

WoW has upted the anti even more: now clusters of servers play with eachother without having had to do mergers.:D

There moving to some sort of serverless server technology quite possibly backported from there next MMO.

Hmm EA see your compition? might want to consider feature parody.

This was very recently addressed by the Dev Team in the Q&A LiveStream addressing 4.1 and F2P. I think it is safe to infer that this will be one of the very first Cartel coin services and, if so, something a subscriber could purchase with the Cartel coin bonus and stipend we will receive. That is speculative, however. Here is what was actually said on the subject.

Q: It was mentioned that along with the free transfers we would be offered paid transfers for characters who like to move from one server to another. Is this still in the works?

A: Certainly we want to offer people the option to do character transfer as a paid service. We got a little bit of additional work that is going to need to go in before we can actually offer it as a paid service but that is coming in the near future.

Here's the thing, once F2P hits there will be many non-subbed players, meaning that you might regret transferring if the server you transferred from ended up with a population boom.

In addition, BW probably doesn't want to allow paid transfers until F2P is already here, since they can make it Cash Shop option. Having paid transfers in the Cash Shop makes sense since it's a system for SWTOR related purchases that's already going to be set up.

Here's the thing, once F2P hits there will be many non-subbed players, meaning that you might regret transferring if the server you transferred from ended up with a population boom.

In addition, BW probably doesn't want to allow paid transfers until F2P is already here, since they can make it Cash Shop option. Having paid transfers in the Cash Shop makes sense since it's a system for SWTOR related purchases that's already going to be set up.

Two things: EA needs to take a page out of the blizzard playbook in sofar as server management goes: now clusters of servers play together seemlessly (cross server zones). It'd be a good idea for EA to mimic that.

EA also (I guess after P2W goes live) offer FREE quick transfers.

Just among the A list of things for them todo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have just returned to SWTOR after a long break. And its nice to be back. My Guild is playing on a different server now, so I really hope that this will come soon to SWTOR, and I would not mind to pay a little fee for this.

So have there been any word on this from BioWare lately?

:rak_02:

Now that it just went F2P, there is no reason at all not to allow transfers for paid subscribers. IMO, it should be free, at least for 1 time. Since we all got moved around where we didn't want to go. The next best option is cartel coins to move them. Then paid service is the next choice, but no more than $10. By charging, you at least discourage people doing it over and over. Or have a graduated scale for moving toons. So it is free the first time you move a toon, then $5, then $10, then $15, etc. So people don't keep doing it.

This really isn't funny any more, please allow us to move to the server(s) we want to. It will not cause overloading. Most likely the players already have a toon on the server they want all their toons on. That is the one they are probably playing anyway. Just let them move all their toons.

And on a personal note, allow PVP to transfer to PVE. (if not both ways).

Please.

Really.