For the Days of SWG

Xeox

Days of looking for Datacron to hope to get your 1/4 then 1/6 then 1/8 professions to get you on way to jedi

Days of being a smuggler and feign dead under players feet who are afk aoe grinding when u have brough ackley up from the geno cave.

Days of force bowling rebels on Dant Imperial station seeing who could knock the most down.

Soling Nightsister Elder with concealment rifleman.

Krayt Dragon Hunts with friends.

Cononel rank Imperial Creature handler with 3 Bio-engineered Rancors and 2 AT-ST's

Taking player Bounty on rebel jedi and seeing them cry in tells to you cause you cost them a perma death or lose a skill box.

Standing in Theed Spaceport overt waiting for rebels to load in to start a mass war.

Loading into Theed Spaceport solo surrounded by 15 rebels and calling in for help.

PVP battle that spaned the planet

/botran .. lol

Exceptional Weapons that took a long time to random farm adn were truely exceptional

Too many fun times to list.

Soo disapointing this is not SWG2 and dont know why i hoped it was when i read forums adn realize its QQ's who say everything is to hard, too random, too long or they cannot beat XXXX that CU and NGE happened.

Holding out for hope of a pvp system and rare loot that is random but rewarding, Exceptional.

R.I.P pre 9 SWG

List some of your memories and of corse QQ's who couldnt figure out to make a /clearque macro to stop the 20 qued attacks to heal yourself.

/salute either way, was best time i ever had in a game.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think with all those players claiming SWG was the best thing since sliced bread that the game was actually a succes. Which it wasnt. How odd.

It peaked at 400,000 subscribers (one of the biggest MMOs pre-WoW), give or take some, before starting to lose subs due to buginess/balance issues and WoW, then the CU/NGE hit and killed it in two broad strokes.

At any rate, go play SWGEMU, OP. It's coming along nicely.

Edited by marshalleck

It peaked at 400,000 subscribers, give or take some, before starting to lose subs due to buginess/balance issues and WoW, then the CU/NGE hit and killed it two broad strokes.

The game was great, was the most played game at teh time, more players than EQ, WoW hit at a right time, when CU come out and NGE killed it.

Forgot the Dancers and muscians in cantinas to heal wounds and doc buffs in starports, specialy when you were tef'ed and tef'ed the doc which started a f'ed up tef war killing your friends.

A crafting system where all but super rare exceptional loot was entirely player made, player sliced, repaired by players and all mats were harvested by players.

You could play SWG without ever having to kill anything and still be important, still make insane creds, have fun and be part of a living economy.

Cryer's in SWG are like the bums on the street saying life is hard, they need a Money for food, offer them food they ***** cause they really want money for booze.

Want to play SWG emu but i scrapped my game disks when NGE came out so last i heard u needed them

Any links?

Edited by Xeox

The game was great, was the most played game at teh time, more players than EQ, WoW hit at a right time, when CU come out and NGE killed it.

Forgot the Dancers and muscians in cantinas to heal wounds and doc buffs in starports, specialy when you were tef'ed and tef'ed the doc which started a f'ed up tef war killing your friends.

Want to play SWG emu but i scrapped my game disks when NGE came out so last i heard u needed them

Any links?

Just google SWGEMU. Though you will need to legitimately acquire the game assets, too bad you tossed your discs. I bet you could ebay a new set for pocket change.

I just logged into SWGEMU yesterday after having not played it in a couple years, due to it still being a bit to under-developed for my tolerance levels. Much of it works now, though there is some flakiness. It satisfies my SWG fix, and more players are always welcome. ;)

Edited by marshalleck

I remember the lag and the grinding. I remember standing in line for an hour waiting for a buff and wishing a game like SWtOR would come along.

There was, Called WoW 7 years ago, funny how we side shifeted to this game and no one notices

I remember the lag and the grinding. I remember standing in line for an hour waiting for a buff and wishing a game like SWtOR would come along.

You could always take the VIP line.

You mean you stood in line for an hour? To me that must mean that you really wanted to play the game for some reason if you would stand in line for an hour just to get a buff to go kill stuff.

You could always take the VIP line.

You mean you stood in line for an hour? To me that must mean that you really wanted to play the game for some reason if you would stand in line for an hour just to get a buff to go kill stuff.

Seriously. All you had to do was /tip <whatever> and get buffed, then go kill tons of mobs and make back 100x or more what you tipped your buffer.

Off to raid Anchor Head! Weeee!

SWG took dedicated gamers to look past the flaws (the entire game). It did do that very little MMOs have done before and after...built a massive community. It introduced features that players enjoyed, that MMOs have yet to match, such as player cities, a player driven economy (that while broken, still could be dictated by the best crafters in game.), and hated rivalries. I lost count of the inner faction wars, cross faction wars, people swapping guilds/alliances, etc. It was a microcosm of of what Star Wars was about...the conflict between two factions and those that remained neutral.

Edited by Bowlan

I miss SWG.

I played post CU on a RP server. Holy crap the amount of fun had was unlike any mmo ever. I mean seriously what MMO can you literally create your home anywhere on a planet (within reason) and then furnish it to 105% what you want it to look like.

Also space was super fun.

It peaked at 400,000 subscribers (one of the biggest MMOs pre-WoW), give or take some, before starting to lose subs due to buginess/balance issues and WoW, then the CU/NGE hit and killed it in two broad strokes.

Actually, SWG was unsuccessful, thats the whole reason the CU and NGE were created. It was 6 months of SWG before the release of WoW. Plus SWG players have Nostalgia. The game wasnt as good as people say it was, stop acting like it was the best game of all time.

It had OK Crafting, the social abilities were all there was.

I remember my first day in game. Logged got a bike and a house and went off to rori to set it in the city. Met the mayor and then went off to hunt rancors with the guild.

The fun days of being at an in game wedding and being yanked out of the house because a BH had my bounty and the bride crying while we fought it out.

The fun of finally being able to ride through the fog.

The fun of decorating my hotel and winning the contest and having people send me mail saying they loved what I did.

The fun of knowing every time I longed in it wasnt wondering if I had anything to do but what was I going to do today and what was I going to put off for another day.

Actually, SWG was unsuccessful, thats the whole reason the CU and NGE were created. It was 6 months of SWG before the release of WoW. Plus SWG players have Nostalgia. The game wasnt as good as people say it was, stop acting like it was the best game of all time.

It had OK Crafting, the social abilities were all there was.

The social part of the game is what made the game.

The reason if failed was because SOE didnt do anything to fix the bugs in the game. The combat system was almost identical with what TOR has now and bugs were promised to be fixed in upcomming patches but just wait its a new game and there will be bugs just give them some time to fix them. Then instead of listening to the players in what they thought was wrong with the game they go and change it completely with the CU then the NGE. Thats what killed SWG.

Also how can you say a game was not successful the way it was when after they made the changes they lost over 50% of their players.

Edited by Emeda

I remember how player housing completely trashed massive areas of many planet's landscapes.

...grinding skill boxes forever to get to the top only to be nerfed.

...waiting for a shuttle every time I needed to go to another planet, then having to take another shuttle after waiting cause I couldn't go directly to a specific planet (pre-JTL)

...getting decimated in PVP cause I had a job and a wife and kid and could not play 12 hours a day to grind cash or mats for decent gear.

...doing quests that were even less unique and interesting than WoW

...not doing any battlegrounds/WZ

...not doing any instances/dungeons/Flashpoints

...not being able to craft anything decent due to the above job and family so not being able to acquire cash or resources cause I couldn't play 12 hours a day to grind it

...long loading screens

...not having any alts

...not bothering using an AH/GTN cause nothing valuable was listed due to price cap (?)

...finding an awesome player crafter selling stuff then getting there and not having enough credits to buy anything due to above job/wife/kid lack of 12 hour/day play

...PVP zones that had nothing in them...not even "P's"

...three or four interesting mobs (Krayt Dragons, Night Sisters....make that two. OK, OK, unfair, I am sure there were more...)

...grinding faction points forever to finally get an AT-ST only to have it perma-deathed within a few days by elite 12 hour/day player with uber gear.

Edited by Darth_Syphilis

I remember how player housing completely trashed massive areas of many planet's landscapes.

...waiting for a shuttle every time I needed to go to another planet, then having to take another shuttle after waiting cause I couldn't go directly to a specific planet (pre-JTL)

...getting decimated in PVP cause I had a job and a wife and kid and could not play 12 hours a day to grind cash or mats for decent gear.

...not being able to craft anything decent due to the above job and family so not being able to acquire cash or resources cause I couldn't play 12 hours a day to grind it

...long loading screens

...not having any alts

...not bothering using an AH/GTN cause nothing valuable was listed due to price cap (?)

...finding an awesome player crafter selling stuff then getting there and not having enough credits to buy anything due to above job/wife/kid lack of 12 hour/day play

...three or four interesting mobs (Krayt Dragons, Night Sisters....make that two. OK, OK, unfair, I am sure there were more...)

All that stuff you remember. You must have played for a while. You must have really hated it to play that long

You'd think with all those players claiming SWG was the best thing since sliced bread that the game was actually a succes. Which it wasnt. How odd.

The game was a success, what killed it was SOE and changing the game more than once eventually it became a boring Leveling system.

How about character customization the fencer/Kera tasi combination or the carbineer/bh combo. or the combat medic. After a long day of grinding out the boxes or pvp sat back and talked to the dancers, crafters in the cantina's and just having a great time.

- Building a guild city, using militia to ban ppl from player cities and defending. Player cantina's guild halls, etc, custom houses and a hell of alot to do.

- If you had half a brain you could group up with ppl go afk adn level, all over thing called internet.

- Shuttle wait made PVP happen, best fights were in star ports.

- Learn to stack skills to benifit each other and pets and armor was cheap, 20k a mission that took 4 min in a group, easy mode.

- Howe many "interesting" quests in wow did u actualy read not just hit wp adn kill loot etc and turn in

-Open world PvP everywhere, everywhere, didnt need w/z or bg cause pvp was always found

-all bosses were world bosses and were hard, long fights, could solo if good enough, and raids are boing preset fights you just learn dance for. Raids are boing as hell, what fun is frming same **** each week to get preset loot from tokens, bah

- Mats were harvested by machines when u planted them, easy then crafting made u creds. sooo hard

...long loading screens

- Your comp sucks, spend cash or play consol

...not having any alts

- You could switch classes any time, alts are what u play when you get bored, in SWG change class, go exploring, pvp, pve boses, farm krayt dragon pearls, rank up in the army, slice, etc, your toon did everything.

-Private vendors in player house that u had droids spam wp for that encouraged visitors to player cities, into your house and see the effort you put into what you did.

- As said above cres were super easy to get, take 2 missions in group kill said **** for 5 min, get creds, repeat, or harvest materials and sell, you had to know what was good to harvest, easy way too look at massive amount of harvestors around. bounty hunter paid well, jedi paid 1 million creds.

-World PvP was PvP zone, stand overt in SP you find PvP

- Rare Spawns, Jedi, rare elite rancors, mandalorians etc.

...grinding faction points forever to finally get an AT-ST only to have it perma-deathed within a few days by elite 12 hour/day player with uber gear

-Faction was easy to get, buy it, earn it, farm from insta spawns, and hell learn to not run into mass battle with at-st out.

All what u stated was a lazy person who didnt realize they were playing on a game that everything was posted how to do on the net (even though you were playing online)

CMN and enjoy linear games like this and WoW

...long loading screens

...not having any alts

...grinding faction points forever to finally get an AT-ST only to have it perma-deathed within a few days by elite 12 hour/day player with uber gear.

All those things you couldn't do due to not playing 12hours a day,and having a job/wife/kid? I was able to do all those things, and I was deployed so it couldn't have been that time consuming.

I remember...

...being able to customise my alts faces and body however I wanted, pretty much.

...spending hours decorating my house however I wanted.

...getting my YT-1300, and decorating that however I wanted. Then grouping up with some friends to man the gun turrets and taking on a Star Destroyer.

...Joining one of the most respected guilds on the server (ECHO Battalion, Eclipse server) and making some great friends. We're still going strong here.

...Learning to fly from one of the best dogfight pilots in the game.

...making a trader alt and decorating my workshop, trading good spots for harvies with my guildies, building a decent little buisness that kept my commando in good gear.

...Late in the game, after they started the city hourly invasions, we'd get a decent group together and go overt. PVE and PVP all in one, was a total blast.

...Yeah. Going through the mists for the first time.

...The parties at other guild's player cities. The occasional wedding. Cantina crawls.

...Walking into Mos Eisley cantina and finding a big dance party going on.

...Being able to talk to anyone, even Imps, and build respectful friendships with people you regularly killed.

...Starting a new city with a guildie and watching it grow.