Darth Angral (Spoilers)

Ghoase

All these great first time outs - well to tell the truth - 3rd time was the charm. Changed stim from strength to endurance and seemed to work better.

Level 32 Sential - well first two tries - third time went back to med center and had to fight way back again made level 33 on the way there.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I died twice at level 31 as a tank spec JKG. Even thought I was undergeared I was getting him down to about 15% before I ran out of interrupts and was hit by some cheap "execute" power. Anyway, I went to Fleet for upgrades, stims, etc. A lot of my gear was level 15, 20, 25, etc., since I hadn't been paying attention to it.

I mentioned what was happening in guild chat, and a level 32 commando volunteered to join the 3rd run. We stomped Angral like a welcome mat. I already broke immersion by 1) getting killed, and 2) going to fleet while Angral just waited patiently for me, so I don't think I lost anything besides bragging rights and an hour of annoying deaths.

So far Angral has been the toughest fight in the game for me.

With Doc I just faceroll bosses now.

Edited by MediumD

I died twice at level 31 as a tank spec JKG. Even thought I was undergeared I was getting him down to about 15% before I ran out of interrupts and was hit by some cheap "execute" power. Anyway, I went to Fleet for upgrades, stims, etc. A lot of my gear was level 15, 20, 25, etc., since I hadn't been paying attention to it.

I mentioned what was happening in guild chat, and a level 32 commando volunteered to join the 3rd run. We stomped Angral like a welcome mat. I already broke immersion by 1) getting killed, and 2) going to fleet while Angral just waited patiently for me, so I don't think I lost anything besides bragging rights and an hour of annoying deaths.

So far Angral has been the toughest fight in the game for me.

With Doc I just faceroll bosses now.

My toughest was Valis - spent 3 months trying to level as I thought this was Angral until I read that I needed to use interrupts - dumb me not knowing what that was started to read up on then and then reconfigured my G13 to work well with all that stuff and got him right away.

Learning as I go along about how to play games - only second MMO - SWG was first and it was different too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to thank anyone in here. Really. I read this way before ever seeing Angral, but your suggestions made me work on my strategies, interrupts and so forth. Lord Praven was a tough one - for me he was tougher than Angral in the end.

When I arrived at Angral he went down first fight, no die, no second attempt. Lvl. 33 Sentinel. I had been nervous before this one, but it went smoothly. So thanks for all the hints and strategies discussed here.

Just killed him last night...I was level 30 he was 33...took 4 tries...but the first 3 times Call on the Force was on CD. As soon as I got it back, I killed him that try. No stims...used 1 trauma med pack...(wasn't sure if CotF would be back in time or not...turns out it was)

Oh, I was sentinel watchman build with kira companion...in case anyone's curious.

Edited by planet_J

• 2 weeks later...
same level one shot, there was a strong mob earlier in the instance that gave me more trouble than angral tbh. am i the only one who actually carrys stims or something? the only boss that should even bring you out of faceroll mode is praven and even he is a 1 shot unless youre going through the game like 2-3 levels behind everything :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Level 34 Defense Guardian, and it felt sort of anticlimatic to kill him in my first try. Interrupted him as much as I could, and pretty much used every CD I have. No legacy perks, though.

His son felt much harder. Maybe politics softened him.:D

4 times. I had really low fps while fighting him, and had him down to 770 hp in the first attempt before my game lagged. When I finally beat him, I was out of Fort stims and was able to time my interrupts better. I was level 31 def spec when I beat him. I used Force push on him when he was down to 20% hp, used Force leap then sweep/ sundering strike/ bladestorm/ master. Kick him repeatedly if your hilt strike or stasis is on CD. Kira hardly took any damage during the last time I fought him, so at least I got some decent practice in tanking.