Kuat, planetary comms, 55, why?

Fardarter

If you can solo labs (=you are overgeared) you probably can solo this

well... if the last boss stops resetting at 20% percent... Master Khoris seems to be exceptionally annoying so far :/ but seems to be otherwise doable on a hybrid sorc with mix of 72 and 78 with Xalek in mostly 69 gear with high presence. wonder if it will be easier on my operative.. she has better gear and is generally more mobile than my sorc..

that said, assembly kits seem to be tradable, so there's that. and that mount looks pretty awesome. (I've also been lusting for a moddable chest of that design, ever since trooper lvl 50 pvp recruit chest. this variant doesn't have a skull unfortunately, but it still has shoulder rocket thing. )

edited to add. and done. took forever and had to use my heroic moment twice, but its doable and no need to have full 78th either. not sure its worth it though due to aforementioned forever thing. I spent more time running around not to be hit by damn blue circles, then I did actualy dealing damage.

what? if the flashpoint is too easy in a group, why not create a bit of challenge by.. not being in a group :D

Edited by Jeweledleah

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they're considering this flashpoint as endgame/55 content really. I can't imagine it's supposed to be as difficult/rewarding as a heroic given anyone can walk in with any party and theoretically beat it.

The Dailies in Blackhole arent that difficult at all..But they still drop Comms appropriate to the level doing them.

Im assuming this was an oversight and if theres enough tickets and inquiries. Theyll do something about it.

The Dailies in Blackhole arent that difficult at all..But they still drop Comms appropriate to the level doing them.

Im assuming this was an oversight and if theres enough tickets and inquiries. Theyll do something about it.

I wasn't talking about quests, I was talking about instances.

I like the Planetary comms, I need them for equipping my alts. I cannot use Basic comms for that...

Just wait until you're at the point when you can. Very rewarding to be able to use Basic or even Elite Commendations on alts. once you're geared up enough on your main character.

Not everybody running KD at 55 has all 58P or better gear. The FP is fun, but it's not hard. If you want better rewards, fight tougher battles.

Were you? I mean..I had NOOOOOO idea.

The point of my post was that regardless of it being instance or not. Its meant for anyone 15+ and difficulty does not reflect reward outside of HardMode and Ops.

Which is precisely why it's giving planetary comms. It isn't a hardmode flashpoint.

No one read my post then. Hmm strange. So also if you pick up the CZ weekly as well , then if you get meltdown or labs then from the 3 FP's in that group finder category then you will be well on the way to getting that reward too. You see the way they have done it interlinks many of the weekly's and FP's perfectly. No need to change anything and it isn't an oversight at all.

Read my previous post for more information.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

My point is simply planetary comms have ZERO VALUE to a 55.

I don't see how anyone can stand here and argue they do.

Actually, they do. I buy mods for my alts as I'm leveling them all the time with planet comms.

I just find it incredibly short sighted to offer NEW CONTENT which offers nothing for top level players, by the way the largest group of players in the game = TOP LEVEL.

Because practically every freaking thing added to this game is for end-game players. They have to occasionally add something for lower level players. Cracks me up how some people whine when every single update isn't tailored specifically to the parts of the game they play. By the way, the flashpoint is an intro point for GSF. Since low level players can play GSF, it would be pretty dumb to have the intro flashpoint only be for level 55 players. That's why they opened things up to lower level players for the flashpoint. That being the case, it would have to be relatively easy content...which it is...and, therefore, nothing deserving of any great rewards.

Because practically every freaking thing added to this game is for end-game players. They have to occasionally add something for lower level players. Cracks me up how some people whine when every single update isn't tailored specifically to the parts of the game they play. By the way, the flashpoint is an intro point for GSF. Since low level players can play GSF, it would be pretty dumb to have the intro flashpoint only be for level 55 players. That's why they opened things up to lower level players for the flashpoint. That being the case, it would have to be relatively easy content...which it is...and, therefore, nothing deserving of any great rewards.

55 is in it's own bracket, no lower level can play the level 55. So why would the lower levels need to be catered to? Your logic is fundamentally wrong.

55 should have been a nightmare mode. Lower levels have their own bracket up to 54 to enjoy the scenery, 55 should have been the "real" version. Otherwise, why even bother making the 55 it's own separate bracket.

Edited by Zorvan

55 is in it's own bracket, no lower level can play the level 55. So why would the lower levels need to be catered to? Your logic is fundamentally wrong.

55 should have been a nightmare mode. Lower levels have their own bracket up to 54 to enjoy the scenery, 55 should have been the "real" version. Otherwise, why even bother making the 55 it's own separate bracket.

Gear. Now in 15-54 version DPS has ~27-31k HP. If you allowed 55s to same group they would do a lot more damage and have 45k HP.

Edited by Halinalle

Well that is the SM bracket along with labs and meltdown SM's. So inevitably we should receive the HM version at some point in the future , with the HM's of labs , meltdown and all the other HM's. Which should be fun.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

so the question is... is it soloable? I mean... I can solo labs easily and meltdown with some effort on some of my characters. is yards easier in that it has fewer mechanics to worry about, but still requires all 4 people, or is it easier in that its even easier to solo?

Labs is pretty straight forward, Meltdown a little harder on one of the boss fights. This though? Think it really does depend on the last boss you get and the mechanics involved in the boss fight (as well as class :D)

heres a good idea, u can turn wz comms for 1 planetary, what about turning planetary for wz? I have 100/100 of them.

Thats why I love 1 carency for the games, not many... it gets complicated.

Edited by Oyranos

Gear. Now in 15-54 version DPS has ~27-31k HP. If you allowed 55s to same group they would do a lot more damage and have 45k HP.

I fail to see your point. 55's CANNOT group with 15-54, so giving the 55 version different loot/comms/whatever does absolutely nothing to or for the 15-54 players. 15-54 shouldn't even be being discussed here, as they are irrelevant to the conversation of adding worthwhile loot and comms to the 55 version.

Because practically every freaking thing added to this game is for end-game players. They have to occasionally add something for lower level players.

Yeah, and? They added 15-54. Go go low level players. 55 should be old player oriented.

Edited by Zorvan

Title says it all why is Kuat dropping planetary coms for 55's?

Also where are the drops? I see rep Items and some build kits? I don't see anything remotely interesting at the rep vendor.

I like that it is something different but how does doing it make my character better? Planetary Comms?!

a level 55 can easily solo this flashpoint; it's of no challenge at all and is one of the easiest flashpoints in the game; even easier than the cz flashpoints that can be solo'd

i think it was meant more as an advertisement story tie in to the galactic starfighter minigame

Actually, they do. I buy mods for my alts as I'm leveling them all the time with planet comms.

the point is that there is a hardmode for level 55 players which can be chosen; that hardmode has nothing to do with 15 to 54 since it can only be chosen by a level 55

The hard mode drops the same rewards as the storymode ~ this seems like an oversight; why have a harder version of the flashpoint if it doesnt drop slightly higher rewards?

Nothing wrong with planet coms in the storymode 15-54 version; but if you are going to have a level 55 hardmode, that is... harder.... why not have it drop the basic coms?

It currently makes the hardmode pointless; someone wanting to do this flashpoint for the planet coms should just do the storymode, same rewards and done in half the time (less mob hp)