I can't find/join my friend on the map!

Cammz

Hi all, I'm new to MMO games so bare with me please!

I have added my brother as a friend and we can group up... The problem is I have started my character as a Jedi healer and he has started his character as a trooper so it looks like we are on different worlds!

We have joined the same server but I can seem to find him on the map! Can anyone tell me how to do this? We on only level 5 and have been playing separate storylines but would like to join up as a party!

Help appreciated guys.....

Hi all, I'm new to MMO games so bare with me please!

I have added my brother as a friend and we can group up... The problem is I have started my character as a Jedi healer and he has started his character as a trooper so it looks like we are on different worlds!

We have joined the same server but I can seem to find him on the map! Can anyone tell me how to do this? We on only level 5 and have been playing separate storylines but would like to join up as a party!

Help appreciated guys.....

As you've noticed, you are on different planets. So you'll have to wait until you've both completed your prologue stories and meet up on the republic fleet. It won't take long, your starting quests will end when you are somewhere around level 8-11.

Or you can start again and choose classes that appear on the same starting planet: Smuggler/Trooper or Knight/Consular.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to meet up until you leave your starting planets, around level 10. Once you finish the starting planet storyline, you'll each be sent to the Republic fleet, and can work together from there forward.

You won't be able to join up until you each leave your starting world and get to Coruscant. That happens about level 10. From then on, you'll be doing quests on the same planets, so it will be easy to group up.

Technically, one of you could complete their starting planet questline ahead of the other one, and then take shuttles to the other person's starting world to help out, but that's probably not necessary. Also, if you both leave the starting planets at the same time, you'll be ready to do your first flashpoint together, on the way to Coruscant. So plan on meeting up at the fleet space station, at level 10. You can each get your advanced classes and then take the Esseles to continue your adventure.

• 1 year later...
I am on the same server, same planet and I have added my friend but it says he is offline and I can't see him on the WHO window as in who is on the planet.

What may be the problem?

As previous poster said, "offline" means he's ... offline. As in not logged in to the server.

Also, depending on the population of the planet you're on, even if he is logged in, he may not show up in the /who list if you just have it list for the planet. The list caps at 100, and it seems fairly random which players it shows when the population is over 100. And the population you see above your chat window is only for the planet instance you're in, but the /who window will show players from all instances. So even if it says "Tython 48 " above your chat window, the /who window will say it is showing the "first 100" players, because it's pulling from all the 2 or 3 (or more) Tython instances. In short, your friend could be on the same plant, standing right in front of you, and not show in the /who list, if you're not specifically searching for him.