60k repair bill!

Osryri

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

60k isn't that hard to make in a day, and 60k repair bill didn't' use to be an issue from, oh say 10 wipes. But I'm guess that took you 4-5 wipes with the current costs.

Honestly, if you remember pre-1.2 the repair costs were nuts. Back then you'd be looking at a 180k repair bill instead of a 60k one, you're lucky they didn't revert to that.

Edited by AshlaBoga

60k isn't that hard to make in a day, and 60k repair bill wouldn't be an issue from, oh say 10 wipes. But I'm guess that took you 4-5 wipes with the current costs.

Honestly, if you remember pre-1.2 the repair costs were nuts. Back then you'd be looking at a 180k repair bill instead of a 60k one, you're lucky they didn't revert to that.

Well have fun losing tons of credits for no reason at all. Id rather waste my time doing something fun.

Making credits in SWTOR is very easy and you can do it in many ways. If you can't make 60k, you are very incompetent to play this game.

maybe you're to incompetent to read what I said. I lost more credits then I made today by simply having a few wipes in a flashpoint. That means I completely wasted all my time doing the few dailies I did. I don't enjoy seeing negative results for my efforts.

maybe you're to incompetent to read what I said. I lost more credits then I made today by simply having a few wipes in a flashpoint. That means I completely wasted all my time doing the few dailies I did. I don't enjoy seeing negative results for my efforts.

Then do more dailies. Just the grey trash you pick up along the way doing the soloable Section X ones is easily worth 10k, which should be enough for paying repairs from doing those dailies. And those dailies themselves pay enough to pay that 60k bill of yours. Group up with others for the heroics, and you'll make even more. Add some variation, do the ones on Ilum next day and faceroll Corellia on another. Currently, we also have a Gree event that's worth a similar amount of credits. And there are a lot more places where you can do that than you'd think. With all the dailies and high level heroics available, one could easily make half a million in a day.

The other option, ofcourse, would be to stop wiping in flashpoints. If some dps has a habit of pulling early or breaking CC's: kick him. If you have a habit of pulling early or breaking CC's: quit playing.

Thanks Bioware. I didn't even make 60k today but due to a few wipes in a flashpoint I lost every credit I earned plus some. Thanks so much for screwing up this game even further.

After watching several patches come out since Beta that lowered the cost of repairs as well as mod'ing.

Now, all of the sudden the repair costs go skyhigh.

For those of you who do not understand what it happening here.. you dont even have to wipe. Just run your belsavis dailies and go check a repair droid before you leave. Mine was 35k. I never died.

This is the heart of the problem.

Operation TFB, 8 man run , 7 wipes, repair losses over 120k. Simply ridiculous.

Edited by Sala

Good.Weed out the non -hackers.Listen up, this game requires a certain degree of playtime to be good at.A casual player should be able to handle it.If they cant ,then MMOs arent for them.Wiped three times on gree raid HM and my bill was 29k.So frikkin what! I made that just getting to the raid location.

I could never understand why folks would WANT to wipe 10 times ,then come here to complain about the bill.Thats like using up electricity then saying that they dont want to be charged for it. Gimme a break!

Furthermore, do you repair as you go along? I do all the time.I see a medical droid, repair.I pull out my personal one , repair.Its no big deal.Or are you so cheap with digital currency to not spend it?Wow.

Edited by Akomo

Good.Weed out the non -hackers.Listen up, this game requires a certain degree of playtime to be good at.A casual player should be able to handle it.If they cant ,then MMOs arent for them.Wiped three times on gree raid HM

You see the real isssue Akomo? HM Xenoalyst is easy on 8 man or 16 man even with a non-full group.

The people that caused those 3 wipes are probably the same ones complaining non-stop (although the repair bills from not wiping are annoying). Aside from NiM EC there isn't any genuinely tough content in the game. So I can live with my NiM EC bill for the week being +400k (that's an approximation). The 400k I paid for my repairs was less annoying than all the "I'm quitting because-" threads.

You see the real isssue Akomo? HM Xenoalyst is easy on 8 man or 16 man even with a non-full group.

The people that caused those 3 wipes are probably the same ones complaining non-stop (although the repair bills from not wiping are annoying). Aside from NiM EC there isn't any genuinely tough content in the game. So I can live with my NiM EC bill for the week being +400k (that's an approximation). The 400k I paid for my repairs was less annoying than all the "I'm quitting because-" threads.

the thread amusing at times, but getting old fast. and if they look alittle around the different threads. they will see that bioware is looking to this.

60k isn't that hard to make in a day, and 60k repair bill wouldn't be an issue from, oh say 10 wipes. But I'm guess that took you 4-5 wipes with the current costs.

I aggree with this. It can always be much worse so we must to be grateful for the crap we have.

One wipe last night and I had 29K repair bill. And I had repaired before I went into the operation. I am all BH and all augmented. Seriously, I Iike the game but don't have time to farm credits all day long so that I can do raids/ops.

It's not a matter of competence. Sometimes things happen that are out of your control and the ops wipes. Stuff happens. And if you are doing progression, a team may get stuck trying to finish off a boss for weeks.

Bioware, please do something..... At least do us the courtesy to respond.

Edited by AvengeAll

I like credits but like most things repair costs are a credit sink. Personally I dont see any issue with the repair bills I am currently seeing its not like its hard to make credits in this game.

The issue here is that things have changed if we had always had these rpair bills no one would be moaning. Personaly I am all for higher death penalties anything which makes people think that actually fighting through a flash point is good rather than trying to avoid every mob, getting clipped in a zgro zone and facing 30 mobs all at once, dying then doing it all again because its quicker and cheaper than actually fighting through is a good idea.

Ok. So ... bye and btw can i have your stuff?

You can ask the 1.2 mill + who alredy left because of some of the decisions the devs in charge have maid....

Asking for players stuff at this point is a little lame dont you think ?

Edited by Lord_Karsk

If the guy wants to vote with his wallet, more power to him. Bioware could have avoided this whole fiasco with:

1. QA testing, or at the very least

2. Better communication to the players.

Such as, "We here at Bioware noticed X, therefore we implemented Y and will be monitoring the change, etc."

I get that some players are fine with the change. Hundreds are not, and if Bioware chooses not to address that, they'll be losing subs at they rate they were last March/April. Totally in their hands.

I had a $60k repair bill yesterday also,

WORKING AS INTENDED

Solution: If you wipe once DON'T TRY AGAIN! BW doesn't care about your repair bill, so stop taking chances because you will waste hours trying to make enough credits to repair your armor. You're not a hero, and you're not made of money so stop acting like it!

I guess there always will be people who find whatever decision BW makes being acceptable for them. What i don't understand is, why do they feel the need to step in every thread created by those who has a different opinion and bash them? It's fine that you guys find this recent repair cost change suitable to you, but why do you have to convince those who thinks differently that they are bads and how they feel is wrong?

I undertand that seeing complaining, especially on massive scale, may sometimes be annoying to you, but isn't it better to just avoid these threads so you don't annoy them and yourself even more?

Be mature and show a bit more tolerance towards other people's opinion and emotons please.

Edited by Trollokdamus

I had a $60k repair bill yesterday also,

WORKING AS INTENDED

Solution: If you wipe once DON'T TRY AGAIN! BW doesn't care about your repair bill, so stop taking chances because you will waste hours trying to make enough credits to repair your armor. You're not a hero, and you're not made of money so stop acting like it!

LohKey have you tried learning how to play the game? I can teach you how to use your class better if you'd like, free of charge:)

I guess there always will be people who find whatever decision BW makes being acceptable for them. What i don't understand is, why do they feel the need to step in every thread created by those who has a different opinion and bash them? It's fine that you guys find this recent repair cost change suitable to you, but why do you have to convince those who thinks differently that they are bads and how they feel is wrong?

I undertand that seeing complaining, especially on massive scale, may sometimes be annoying to you, but isn't it better to just avoid these threads so you don't annoy them and yourself even more?

Be mature and show a bit more tolerance towards other people's opinion and emotons please.

This is a good point. There sure are a lot of little turds floating around in this thread. Have a little more empathy and stop acting like little punks. Bioware could have came out and discussed this option before they put it in the game. I think the CIA has less secrets than this company does with their patches.

If some of you love doing dailies like the little lemmings that you are, more power to you. Not everyone likes grinding them out everyday just to be able to raid in the game.