Been gone since 1.2 and I'm back

Stridar

Just wanted to say that I've been gone since shortly after 1.2 came out; I stopped for multiple reasons.

1 - The most important of which was that my server died out. Everyone seemed to quit over the period of 2 weeks (around 1.2 release). It became a single player game with the occasional social interaction (I'm talking 2-5 people on RF fleet on a saturday).

2 - My friends moved on. They just lost interest and the guild I ran (about 90 active members) moved to other games.

3 - End level content. Our guild got to the point were we simply got tired of doing the 2 OPs on NM and 16M. I wasn't too mad about this since I was able to get alt runs and help other members progress faster, but it turned some of my friends off completely from the game.

So I came back to switch my characters over to the new servers in August, but wasn't able to play much due to work. But now I am back, and I gotta say, I wish I never unsubbed!

This is a great game. It's a little fighter, and I think it works well as one. My previous perception of this game was that it would be a major title that EA would shove droves of money towards to fight other major MMOs, but clearly that didn't happen... and I'm glad. I like the idea of SWTOR being this underdog bare nuckle brawler, it could bring it back to it's roots (ie SWG). Less interest by EA means less constraints. Either way, at it's current state, the game is great and I don't plan to unsub again.

Keep up the good work BioWare!

Glad you're enjoying the game again. Which server did you move to? I think a lot of us have high hopes for the game and will continue to do so. We're just hoping they do something soon with planetary pvp! It's needs to be big whatever they decide! Welcome back and if you're ever on Jung Ma, look us up!

Welcome back!

I came back about a month ago after leaving about the same period - and I can say that the game is now in the condition it should have launched in.

Bigger servers, more options, fewer bugs. I'm staying around too and am working on a Jedi Knight alt I should never have left idle. Next stop lvl 50!

Glad you're enjoying the game again. Which server did you move to? I think a lot of us have high hopes for the game and will continue to do so. We're just hoping they do something soon with planetary pvp! It's needs to be big whatever they decide! Welcome back and if you're ever on Jung Ma, look us up!

I am in Prophecy of the Five, currently leveling a lvl 41 Sniper. They are planning on doing World PvP?! I would love that! I miss the epic battles at Outlaw's Den and Ilum. :D

Welcome back :)

I must say I definitely 'lost faith' in the game for a while, but kept playing (just raiding 3 times a week and not logging in any other time). Truth be told, not all the changes they make are popular, heck they never will be, but most are actually improving the game one step at a time, and I'm liking the direction its heading in.

They just need to start advertising the crap out of it when F2P launches. We'll likely have tons of new people around Xmas. It may be a bit frustrating at first, as they wont know how to play at all :p but in time I can see the game doing just fine. I don't expect it to knock WoW of its perch, and frankly I never did. They were a bit too arrogant in that respect.

Still just looking at their stuff to come makes me happy :) new planet should be fun, new WZ looks okay (not much of a pvper), HK-51 and a new daily area coming, as well as a new world boss which sounds interesting (supposedly having more than 1 difficulty mode, kinda makes me think of Sartharion with 3 drakes). Everything I see suggests it's growing into a good game. The numbers dont reflect it, which can be worrying, but as long as it keeps turnings a profit (which after f2p it most likely will) then it should stay alive ^^

Welcome back to all those that took a break. :)

I am an advocate for taking a break from an MMO when it's not fun or if it is frustrating. Very often when you come back it has very positive results for you.

And honestly (not referring to any particular poster) a lot of people really should not jump on a new MMO at launch. They should wait 6-9 months and then jump in. This is particularly true for players who carry a lot of MMO baggage with them or have low tolerance for the rough edges that new MMOs present to a large player base.

Edited by Andryah

Never unsubbed, but RL has kept me from putting meaningful time into the game. But I log on almost every day, and the vibe I get from my guild and the community is that we are really left with a very dedicated core of players at this point.

Now there seems to be a small growth spurt of players who will also get really entrenched in the game.

I hope F2P doesn't disrupt the community which seems to be reforming itself in a more "organic" fashion right now.

Never unsubbed, but RL has kept me from putting meaningful time into the game. But I log on almost every day, and the vibe I get from my guild and the community is that we are really left with a very dedicated core of players at this point.

Now there seems to be a small growth spurt of players who will also get really entrenched in the game.

I hope F2P doesn't disrupt the community which seems to be reforming itself in a more "organic" fashion right now.

Yeah I get that feeling too. It seems like the only people left playing are the ones that never wanted to leave in the first place. Just a tight group of players who enjoy a game together. I like that.

Yet another thread cropping up about people returning to the game and liking it or people still playing since launch and stil enjoying it....I knew this damn air of positivity about the game was going to start spreading like a poison!!!!

I'm starting to miss the haters flaming the game for stupid minor things and whinging on about nothing in particular...oh wait no I don't.

Welcome back I hope you and all the returning players enjoy the game for a long time to come.

Yet another thread cropping up about people returning to the game and liking it or people still playing since launch and stil enjoying it....I knew this damn air of positivity about the game was going to start spreading like a poison!!!!

I'm starting to miss the haters flaming the game for stupid minor things and whinging on about nothing in particular...oh wait no I don't.

Welcome back I hope you and all the returning players enjoy the game for a long time to come.

Best. Response. Ever.

Haha I actually laughed.