Sages need to be nerfed more

LoL-K-Noob

you realize hes the sage hes calling op.....

Ugh, note to self, never go on the computer when I'm half-asleep from the day. Can't even read apparently. Well, time to hit the bed.

Edited by Ardim

I'm not going to say that Sages need to be nerfed, but I can say that in my 10-49 PvP experience, Sorc/Sages and Merc/Commandos are the only classes that I've ever seen totally blow away the entire rest of the Warzone (numerically on the scoreboard, 2x the damage+top heals compared to everyone else). I've also seen Sorc/Sages do this semi-regularly while I've only seen a Merc/Commando do it once since 1.2. Maybe people on my server just need to stop ignoring the Sorc/Sage and take advantage of their light armor, but it happens often enough for me to be suspicious about their balance relative to everyone else.

I person did 500k.

Looked like that 1 person knows how to plan their class.

God forbid people actually playing a class well.

Whats is this nonsense!

Nerf a class when someone plays well Bioware please.

Right OP! :rolleyes:

Sad excuses.

If it's republic = good player knows his class, if it's imperial = OP, FoTM, perfectly clear.

Well, looks like you faced off against a group of undergeared players, had dedicated healers and/or didn't get primed much. Also looks as though you were the only dps on your team that knew what he was doing and in proper gear. I've gotten 726k with my madness sorc. in a voidstar against undergeared pugs ONCE since 1.2 and this was because our team had 4 healers 2 tank-specced powertechs and a fresh 50 assassin (so I was the only big dps'er). You'll notice significantly lower damage values against undergeared enemy teams when you have multiple teammates that can also dps (since they'll be taking chunks of damage you were dishing out there). It happens. Furthermore, I've seen Snipers deal over 600k+ (even before yesterday's patch) in similar situations. Hell, they don't even need to be undergeared enemies for me to break 500k in voidstar if both teams have lots of heals. Although sorc/sage healers that bubble all their teammates can drastically reduce my total damage numbers.

People still think warzone damage means something?

SERIOUSLY?

It's been 4 months for god's sake. Let me break this down again for the 15 millionth time.

Sages use an ability called force in balance that hits 3 people for 2500 to 4500.

Sages must spam a very weak DoT on basically everyone they see, in order to proc psychic projection.

So, in a typical encounter, a sage will apply weaken mind to 3-4 different people, if it ticks down on all of them which it probably will, this will amount to almost 10k damage. THAT DAMAGE IS COMPLETELY WORTHLESS AND HAS NO EFFECT ON THE GAME.

After applying their DoTs... they will then go into their rotation, which consists of FiB every time it's off cooldown. This will hit at least 2 people the majority of the time, resulting in more fluff damage to people OTHER than the guy he is trying to kill.

Think about how many times FiB is casted in a 15 minute game. Think about how many times weaken mind is casted in a 15 minute game. THINK ABOUT IT.

Out of that 500k, at least 200k was meaningless damage from these 2 abilities. Sage dps is basically worthless unless force potency is up.

Any class that has the ability to attack more than 1 person at a time, is always going to top charts. AKA Focus specced Guardians/Sentinels and Balance sages.

THAT DOES NOT MEAN THEIR DPS IS HIGH OR THAT THEY ARE HAVING ANY EFFECT ON THE GAME.

I agree with the OP, we need to be nerfed more. We're still staying alive for more than 2 seconds and doing more than 100k damage in every warzone. Quite frankly Sorcs/Sages should die every time they exit a spawn area from falling damage.

I'm not going to say that Sages need to be nerfed, but I can say that in my 10-49 PvP experience, Sorc/Sages and Merc/Commandos are the only classes that I've ever seen totally blow away the entire rest of the Warzone (numerically on the scoreboard, 2x the damage+top heals compared to everyone else). I've also seen Sorc/Sages do this semi-regularly while I've only seen a Merc/Commando do it once since 1.2. Maybe people on my server just need to stop ignoring the Sorc/Sage and take advantage of their light armor, but it happens often enough for me to be suspicious about their balance relative to everyone else.

Well then you haven't played that much... i have seen Jedi Guardians and Sith Juggernauts score over 700K damage... I remember even seeing a Sith Juggernaut score almost a million... he was like 50k away...

All damage matters. If it doesn't directly kill someone, it still has at least one of the following effects:

1) It taxes the healer's resources.

2) It makes it easier for someone else to kill the person.

3) It forces the person to go out of combat to self-heal (which, in many cases, may have a larger impact on the outcome of the match than killing the person).

SERIOUSLY?

It's been 4 months for god's sake. Let me break this down again for the 15 millionth time.

Sages use an ability called force in balance that hits 3 people for 2500 to 4500.

Sages must spam a very weak DoT on basically everyone they see, in order to proc psychic projection.

So, in a typical encounter, a sage will apply weaken mind to 3-4 different people, if it ticks down on all of them which it probably will, this will amount to almost 10k damage. THAT DAMAGE IS COMPLETELY WORTHLESS AND HAS NO EFFECT ON THE GAME.

After applying their DoTs... they will then go into their rotation, which consists of FiB every time it's off cooldown. This will hit at least 2 people the majority of the time, resulting in more fluff damage to people OTHER than the guy he is trying to kill.

Think about how many times FiB is casted in a 15 minute game. Think about how many times weaken mind is casted in a 15 minute game. THINK ABOUT IT.

Out of that 500k, at least 200k was meaningless damage from these 2 abilities. Sage dps is basically worthless unless force potency is up.

Any class that has the ability to attack more than 1 person at a time, is always going to top charts. AKA Focus specced Guardians/Sentinels and Balance sages.

THAT DOES NOT MEAN THEIR DPS IS HIGH OR THAT THEY ARE HAVING ANY EFFECT ON THE GAME.

Too late bro, they allready gutted the meaningful dps spec that can drop ~20k in 3 secs spread out to 3 people at once and wont be going back.

Single target damage for a Sage is still great having weakened mind + mind crush ticking after Force in Balance debuff is on while double dipping physic projection. The problem is mana now and it runs out.

SERIOUSLY?

thank you for trying to be logical , agree with you 1000x, but unfortunately people just like to see big numbers and either go :eek: and QQ or go :) and roll that class.

You won't do crap as a sage/sorc (DPS spec) against a good team in terms of kills but you can support your team, get objectives, and harass the other team- draw them out, dot them, etc.

But please, as so well pointed out above, those big numbers may mean you provide some pressure,, but in many cases, they don't do squat in terms of actual kills.

Too late bro, they allready gutted the meaningful dps spec that can drop ~20k in 3 secs spread out to 3 people at once and wont be going back.

Single target damage for a Sage is still great having weakened mind + mind crush ticking after Force in Balance debuff is on while double dipping physic projection. The problem is mana now and it runs out.

Yeah it hate the lack of force on my sorc with the 0/13/28 build. There's been at least 10 times today already i'll have less than 1k health, and less than 50 force, just praying for someone to kill me so i can get topped off.

Edited by Evil_Santa

All damage matters. If it doesn't directly kill someone, it still has at least one of the following effects:

1) It taxes the healer's resources.

2) It makes it easier for someone else to kill the person.

3) It forces the person to go out of combat to self-heal (which, in many cases, may have a larger impact on the outcome of the match than killing the person).

Not really. If you take 90% of my health and die and I heal to full while you run back you've pretty much done nothing at all. We can rinse and repeat that all day.

Well then you haven't played that much... i have seen Jedi Guardians and Sith Juggernauts score over 700K damage... I remember even seeing a Sith Juggernaut score almost a million... he was like 50k away...

That's irrelevant to my point. In a lot of those matches where a Jugg got 700k damage, there was also a Sorc with 500k damage and 200k healing. I'm talking about cases (in 10-49 Warzones, where 300k damage is exceptionally rare) where a Sorc has 400k damage AND 100k healing while NOBODY else in the entire match has over 150k damage or 50k healing (and the ones with >40k healing have <100k damage).

Again, maybe it's because the idiots on the opposing team completely ignored the Sorc, and it might be because it's 10-49 and other classes scale better with high-end gear than Sorc/Sages, but in my (fairly extensive) 10-49 PvP experience, Sorc/Sages seem to be the only class that can regularly put up numbers that make the rest of the Warzone look bad.

That's irrelevant to my point. In a lot of those matches where a Jugg got 700k damage, there was also a Sorc with 500k damage and 200k healing. I'm talking about cases (in 10-49 Warzones, where 300k damage is exceptionally rare) where a Sorc has 400k damage AND 100k healing while NOBODY else in the entire match has over 150k damage or 50k healing (and the ones with >40k healing have <100k damage).

Again, maybe it's because the idiots on the opposing team completely ignored the Sorc, and it might be because it's 10-49 and other classes scale better with high-end gear than Sorc/Sages, but in my (fairly extensive) 10-49 PvP experience, Sorc/Sages seem to be the only class that can regularly put up numbers that make the rest of the Warzone look bad.

I'd like to see some screens of this, because it's not what I'm seeing at all.

Not really. If you take 90% of my health and die and I heal to full while you run back you've pretty much done nothing at all. We can rinse and repeat that all day.

If I don't have a teammate jumping you while you're at 10% health, either there's something seriously wrong or you'd be more useful somewhere else (actually participating in combat).