Auction needs changing. Badly.

Shaiar

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed

Why not look at what players really want by looking at the Mod-community in other MMO's? I would log much more gametime if there was an auctioneer(=WoW-mod)-like market system.

Just look at the amount of players around every auction house in every other MMO, and then tell me we don't need it in SWTOR.

/signed

The game economy will be crappy if the GTN interface doesnt get improved. And i seriously hope they are not regional if they are that needs to be fixed in the first major patch which i expect to be within 3 weeks.

As odd as it might seem the GTN interface and a game economy that isn't terrible is a deal breaker for me and I won't be subbing if it is not fixed.

Edited by Nirosu

My experience is that the GTN is is the most buggy and least user friendly aspect of the game, thus far. Based on the quality of the overall game; I suspect the GTN will get quick fixes. It was likely a low priority for release. I'm anything but a WoW fanboi. But, I agree with those that said to copy that model. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Need a 'shift-click item to search for it', option.

No way to search for items based on specific attributes.

Any time a companion returns, it closes the GTN window. And any filters you've set will have to be redone.

The usable-by search field does not work for me, at all. Neither for myself, or companion. 0 results are always returned if that field is not set to "all".

Random instances of sales expiring early.

Sorting by level is broken. also, no indication of incrementing or decrementing search.

Entering a sale price value is bugged. Sometimes the least significant digit of a value you enter will not be erased.

I would have to agree - it should be easier to search and it should also have a selling option other than buy it now. You should be able to start it at a lower price and have a regular auction with no Buy it Now or have a regular auction with a buy it now function in addition. I looked it over and could find no other way to sell an item other than the Buy it Now feature.

how can fabrics be listed under diplomancy if they are acquired from underworld trading ? :confused:

They used to be from Diplomacy, before BW reworked the skills 2 builds ago into the "1 craft skill, 1 basic mats skill, 1 rare mats/gifts skil" pattern for everything. Apparently someone forgot to recode their AH category.

Yeah the GTN is just an absolute atrocity. Just another of the several areas that should never have passed basic testing. Its functional yes, but its horrendous.

GTN terminals should be put back onto every world so things can be sold easily. Traveling back to the fleet to sell things is way too much of a hassle and far too time consuming.

And the search options for things is just awful!

Why can't I filter by slot?

why can't I simply enter a search by name for the item i'm looking for?

Why does rare cloth not show up under underworld trading like it should?

Why doesn't the GTN remember where I was, so when my companion comes back from the mission he was on and the GTN window closes, I don't have to filter everything and start browsing again?

Why doesn't the filter by name option that IS included not work at all?

Why does the filter by quality filter not actually filter by quality, and instead works as an "at least this quality" filter, which isn't really a filter at all. If i'm searching for greens i'm not interested in blues.

Why can't the sell window list all the listings for the current item i'm putting up, rather than give my a list of everything I have up for selling, which should be on its own separate tab?

Yeah I think thats a good start for things that need addressing on the GTN.

Ya the GTN definitely needs some work. Honestly, just make the GTN identical to WoWs, and I would be happy. Not being able to search by name, or search by slot, is extremely tedious. If I go there looking for a specific underworld metal I need for my crafting, I dont want to do 3 different menus, and then search through 8 pages of metals I dont need to try and find the one I do need.

I agree with wanting to be able to search for a specific item name without having to use a bunch of filters, but other than that, i think the GTN is fine, no need to be able to post auctions, its not an auction house, and it is simple to use, people are just too lazy to actually learn to use it.

If i see the GTN get WoWified i will rage.

Bioware should go looking at the auction houses in other games to see how it should be done. I would say that WoW is the best example. Also look at addons like Auctioneer to see what people like that WoW doesn't do. Rifts Auction house sucks but even that's better than what we are given. We need options for searching, but also sorting options would be good. Sorting by gear level, buyout price, quality, item types. Bare bones AH just doesn't work.

Am I the only one who's noticed the filter option at the bottom while searching for items?

You pick your categories... you search... then you apply filter *after*

This isn't a particularly unintuitive system, I got it first time. It's not even 'stupid'

However - filter by slot would be luvverly. I think just expanding the filter options would take care of most of the issues.

<3

Yeah the current design is pretty terrible. Not event efficient from an architectural standpoint. You have to do a broad search over a category prior to even getting the option to narrow it down by filter which in most cases would presumably cause unnecessary bandwidth consumption. And I can't tell you how many times I accidentally click the search button instead of that annoyingly tiny arrow button that performs the filter at which point it <sarcasm>cleverly</sarcasm> clears your filter text so that you have to re-key it. Not being able to search by sub-category for armor and weapons is a major problem. And to make all of this worse there are a lot of items which aren't categorized properly (ex: Underworld Cloth under Crafting Items->Diplomacy). I seriously get the impression that this part of the game was left up to a few interns who completely missed the mark.

I would agree the GTN does need some work, but it is far from the horrible mess some of you seem to be saying it is.

If you want to search by slot all you have to do is set your required tabs, hit search, and then fill in the relative term for the item your looking for. Slots of a certain level range all share the same name, ie Greaves, armguards, etc. Once you search based on that, you will get all of the items for a slot listed. Does it take effort to do this? Yes. Should it be neccesary? Not really, but that hardly makes it broken.

The most important thing you have to remember when using the GTN is to do one broad category search, and then search by name. Once you have that down, it's all simple.

As for why it's not an Auction Hall, that is fairly simple I imagine. Higher level players, ie Rich players, can't drive up the prices beyond unreasonable rates for the newer, lower level players.