Did Mace Windu really die?

jedimasterjac

As of right now, he died. However, as of right now, Vader is dead too, but there is still reports saying that Disney is gonna bring back Vader, so anything is possible with Windu.

Well until thats confirmed, its just a rumor. So ya Mace is dead, its pretty much stated in the novel that he died before even leaving the window.

He's dead. Once Mace was disarmed, Sidious unleashed his lightning upon him. Mace Windu died within seconds, the force of the blast sent him out the window.

no offence but Maul died instantly when he was lightsabered in half and fell down a bottomless pit... the emporer died instantly when he exploded after being hurled down a power shaft on the second death star... didn't stop either of them... just saying.. lol

Edited by Liquidacid

As of right now, he died. However, as of right now, Vader is dead too, but there is still reports saying that Disney is gonna bring back Vader, so anything is possible with Windu.

Rumours with uncredited sources.

Highly doubt they'll bring him back.

no offence but Maul died instantly when he was lightsabered in half and fell down a bottomless pit... the emporer died instantly when he exploded after being hurled down a power shaft on the second death star... didn't stop either of them... just saying.. lol

Sidious came back as living energy. Maul somehow survived.

Mace got his insides fried by Sidious' Lightning, this killed him instantly. Now if he somehow survived that, he still has to survive that long drop.

Sidious came back as living energy. Maul somehow survived.

Mace got his insides fried by Sidious' Lightning, this killed him instantly. Now if he somehow survived that, he still has to survive that long drop.

meh again not that far fetched when put next to what Maul and Palpy survived... not that I'm over joyed with how they survived either just saying if they did it for them they could easily do it for Mace... but my point was in the novels of both those Movies it's stated the character died and they still came back... or they could go the clone route...

Edited by Liquidacid

meh again not that far fetched when put next to what Maul and Palpy survived... not that I'm over joyed with how they survived either just saying if they did it for them they could easily do it for Mace... but my point was in the novels of both those Movies it's stated the character died and they still came back... or they could go the clone route...

Sidious' ability to come back is plausible with the Force. I don't know about Maul. It's not really explained at the same level as Sidious.

Now it is possible for Mace to come back, but really only as a spirit. If there is some way for him to have survived, then I would assume that he would have confronted Sidious again or gone into hiding. The former means that he would get killed, the latter provides the possibility for him to appear. But I don't know.

As for Maul, this is what Sidious says about it to Plagueis in my mind.

"This Sith is cut in half! I would like to return him for one that is not cut in half."

"Ummm... No."

"What!?" ZAPP

And that's how Plagueis died.

Sidious' ability to come back is plausible with the Force. I don't know about Maul. It's not really explained at the same level as Sidious.

Now it is possible for Mace to come back, but really only as a spirit. If there is some way for him to have survived, then I would assume that he would have confronted Sidious again or gone into hiding. The former means that he would get killed, the latter provides the possibility for him to appear. But I don't know.

As for Maul, this is what Sidious says about it to Plagueis in my mind.

"This Sith is cut in half! I would like to return him for one that is not cut in half."

"Ummm... No."

"What!?" ZAPP

And that's how Plagueis died.

I didn't like Maul coming back... I like it even less that they don't even try and explain it... he just appears on another planet still alive with spider robot legs... they could have at least ya know made up something to explain how it happened even if it was stupid... anything would be better than the nothing we got

I didn't like Maul coming back... I like it even less that they don't even try and explain it... he just appears on another planet still alive with spider robot legs... they could have at least ya know made up something to explain how it happened even if it was stupid... anything would be better than the nothing we got

I agree. It made Qui-Gons death futile.

"I'm dead Obi-Wan. But at least it gave you the strength to kill that Sith."

"Not exactly. He's going to come back during the Clone Wars."

"Wha??????"

And they don't explain his return adequately enough.

"Like I totally fell into this vent and made my way to this stink-hole of a planet."

Not really good enough.

New book: The adventures of that Zabrak dude with no legs. That'll explain it.

Indeed, :) i dare anyone saying that Mace is dead permantly. I double dare ya.

That report isn't true, it's confirmed bunk. It also said Harrison Ford would be reprising his role when he said himself he would never do so. Most likely the new trilogy will feature a new cast of characters, the closest we'll get to the old ones is Luke's new Jedi Order; which is only if they don't **** on the EU.

(I wouldn't mind if they did. Most of the EU is absolutely terrible and people are just scared to admit it)

Palpatine had a huge detailed explanation on how his army of clones were used almost like the Emperor in TOR to stay alive forever....Maul was utter BS in the EU and was a last attempt to try to bring notice to his character.

Mace died, accept it.

Thing is LiquidAcid, Maul was not instantly dead when he fell down the shaft. He clearly had a oh sh** and *** Face when he fell in.

He was in shock as you can see him react from being bifurcated (Cut in Half) and you can see his arms flail around as he plummets down the shaft. He was alive during his fall. Half unconscious in incredible pain yes, but alive. That and like others said It most likely was the his Zabrak Physiology, the Darkside, and Mother Talzin's Witch Magic that kept him alive.

Sidious died in ROTJ physically. His essence didn't. It made it's way through the Galaxy and implanted itself in a clone body in pure comic book fashion.

Mace Windu was electrocuted by dark side energy which I'm sure also corrupts the body a great deal more than actual lightning. That and his hand was cut off by a lightsaber right before which means he was already in pain from that. Not to mention I'm sure the lightning was surging through his searing open flesh. Then he was forcibly flung out of a window into the city below by the explosive power of said force lightning which was so great that it shot his body a good clicks away from the building. It's highly unlikely he survived that.

It is possible however for him to survive a drop into coruscant's traffic lanes. Anakin did just that in Attack of the Clones and landed on a fast moving speeder no less. Hell Mace did that himself in "Clone Wars" during the Battle of Couruscant when he leaped out of his damaged Jedi Star Fighter and landed on a passing Droid Starfighter avoiding speeding traffic on his way down.

Though that's also pushing it, because he could have simply landed face first on the senate Block instead of falling into traffic before he could wake up. This is most likely what happened because even if he survived that, I don't see anyone waking up from that barrage within vital seconds or minutes, more like a week or month later.

So unless Mace Windu knows how to implant his spirit into a Clone or he has some sort of witch doctor on the side that kept him alive, I don't see Sam Jackson returning with a Purple Lightsaber anytime soon in anything set after ROTS.

Edited by CassusVerda