Sim C and actual dps performances

Macetheace

What does Bioware actually use to measure the dps of the various classes, and how close are the classes and each of their specs to each other if utilized to the best and equally geared?

SimeC /WrathCalcs and other such theoretical programs have always been more fun programming than actually being useed as a reliable source for dps comparisons between the classes and their specs. Saying that I have no idea which claesses do the best dps, i cant trust SimC and everyone seems to agree someone else is more powerful. Yes I know theere is always that one person who is smarter than you or better looking than you, no matter how hard you try... might bee the case that applies here, but it is worthwhile knowing how they measure up, and how far behind each other they are.

e

Soe, which are the highest hitters, and how far are they behind the lowest hitters? has bioware got the balance really fine? ore is it way off? Can you run with any dps spec if you min-max and fully exploit your classes/spec's features, or are the teougher encounters only acceptable with certain class/specs?

So without much ado, who are the leaders? pls state class and skill tree: I here a lot being touted about Sentinel/Marauder dps, Vanguard/Powertech dps and Gunslinger/Sniper dps on the republic side...

but on the Empire side, i hear a lot about Sorceror/Sage dps, Assassin/Shadow dps and Merc/Commando dps --

pls state the specs you're referring too in your list, and I rarely hear much about Operative/Scoundrel dps, Jugg/Guardian dps altho sometimes i get reports that theydps very highly and may only lose out if a marauder/sentinel buff is needed and not cos of dps

Are there clear cut winners ?? or is #toR just amazingly well balanced?

The end goal is "5%" window top to bottom.

Currently this is really no where near the case for a lot of classes. On occasion people break 2100, but lets say for simple average sake that top end is 2k. That would put a low end 5% difference at 1900. So that should be our range..roughly.

Currently the highest parsing shadow/assassin I've seen barely eeks out over 1900. I've yet to see any parse higher than this on torparse or anywhere else.

I have yet to see an operative break 1750. Granted I haven't seen enough operative parses to really say one way or the other. I do however have my own operative in full BH and even still 1600 is pushing it for me for either spec.

Sorcs/Juggs/Mercs are all struggling to break 1900 that I've seen. Only ever possible with cleave damage--again from what I've seen personally/seen in available logs.

So that leaves us with Maras/PTs/Snipers-- all of which can easily sit in that 1.9k-2k window.

However I will say that the TOR raiding community and the WoW raiding community are impossibly different when it comes to demanding perfection. All of the alts in my sig are BH/campaign geared and I have dps'd on all of them and even a 5th or 6th alt of mine will still generally out-perform most people. People just don't care if they are doing optimal DPS so long as they aren't hitting enrage timers. This also makes it impossibly difficult to gather data to analyze. We have torparse, but it's not anywhere near as popular as worldoflogs so its hard to adequately say "this class is under performing" or "that class is over performing".

The only thing we can all agree on is operatives are awful.

Edited by Marak

The only thing we can all agree on is operatives are awful.

A lethality Operative can pull some decent numbers depending on the fight, and even in some cases out parse other classes. Look up Invinc on Torparse.

Most of the times when you hear people talk about really hard hitting dps, they usually are referring to burst classes and or aoe classes, both of which can over perform on certain fights compared to a sustained dps class. Also some fights compliment certain classes/specs better then others.

A lethality Operative can pull some decent numbers depending on the fight, and even in some cases out parse other classes. Look up Invinc on Torparse.

Most of the times when you hear people talk about really hard hitting dps, they usually are referring to burst classes and or aoe classes, both of which can over perform on certain fights compared to a sustained dps class. Also some fights compliment certain classes/specs better then others.

I've gone through 2 pages of Invinc's logs and his kill logs are generally, at the high end,1600-1650 DPS. With a low range average of 1300ish. So...right where I said?

Edited by Marak

I've gone through 2 pages of Invinc's logs and his kill logs are generally, at the high end,1600-1650 DPS. With a low range average of 1300ish. So...right where I said?

Hmmm he doesnt have that many logs up, and all of them are of actual OP fights where you have down time. Look at the general average of classes on those fights and you will see his parses being about average with everyone else's... some are in the top 50 some are not.

Very rarely will you see a person break 2k on a OP fight unless they are ignoring some mechanics of the fight (some fights will allow one or two dps to stand and burn while others are killing adds, and things of that sort), or a fight where you see a large amount of aoe, and or a fight where you damage buffs.

From what i have seen, OPs lethality spec is very gear dependent and scales very well with higher end gear.... it takes alot of practice to play well and to get around the lack of a gap closer... but overall isnt teribad in the way that most people proclaim it to be,

I'm well aware that 2100 isn't "normal" and I'll give props where it's due-- he is doing a fine job as a lethality op. An exception does not a rule make, however. Op rotations are so damn tight and skill-capped that the vast majority simply can't compete. And even still this guys numbers aren't considered "great" by any stretch--even if he's one of the highest parsing operatives out there. His 1300-1650s would be 1500-1850s if he were a more competitive class. Edited by Marak