n00b crafting questi0ns

funkyK

i already picked armstech, im cool with that but what other craft can i get that can piggy back off of armstech or vice versa? and in general for other characters i make what 2 crafts or what crafts in general work good together. I dont do a lot of group stuff, seeing as i am as popular here as i am in life.:rak_03:

If you are looking for two crafting skills where they either:

- both need each other

- or where one needs the other

...there is no such thing in this game. There is overlap as to which gathering and mission skills feed crafting skills.

So for example: you took Armstech, so you probably took Scavenging as a gathering skill to feed your Armstech. Scavenging also feeds the Cybertech and Armormech crafting skills. On the other hand, Investigation is the mission skill that feeds Armstech its advanced materials (materials needed to craft prototype and artifact quality equipment). Investigation materials are not needed by any other crafting skill. But Investigation does offer you the opportunity to acquire companion gifts which can be used by all your characters to increase companion affection.

If you look at: http://www.swtorcrewskills.com/swtor-crafting-crew-skills/swtor-crew-skills-crafting-chart/ you can see the interactions between each crafting skill and the gathering and mission skills.

cybertech would be a good skill to take as you already have scavenging. you can make armoring and mods for all classes with that so it doesn't matter which class you make. slicing might be a good choice taking the place of scavenging. you can now get mats for augments and kits. taking this early is a must as you can make gear for every alt later. so you will want this now if you intend on having more toons later on.

the other synergy, armormech, is only better if you are making a trooper. the trooper has all aim using companions and one companion has +5 armormech crit bonus too. you can make augments and kits with it also. (when augments and kits crit you get two instead of the one ) again take slicing instead of scavenging.

the reason i am pointing out kits and augments is at 55 it is the most useful thing to have with these skills for solo players. having all of you gear augmented out is a significant boost to your toon. also they are expensive to keep buying.

To further on the above poster about a trooper, I would have Scavenging on it as well should you make one. In addition to getting +5 to crit on Armormech from companion Thano, its MX droid companion (not the ship droid) has +5 to crit with Scavenging. Its way to good of a synergy to not run together on that class.