Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

There are going to be 3 queues for pvp, 10-29, 30-54 and 55. You don't want to be the first 55 on MDN and wait a week for enough 55s to queue.
Oh i see... that. Well as MDN is a pvp server i'd imagine all the usual suspects will be 55 in the first day or 2 after Makeb comes out... personally i'll be levelling to 55 in the PvP queue, which is how i level all my chars ... unfortunately i'd imagine this will not be nice for the 30s :/

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had 2 friends sign up (one returning) this week and first thing they notice is the pop, i assured them things were going to get better with a server merge...don't make me a liar!!!

we need server transfers or anyone who does return will probably leave again, i don't understand why this is taking so long when it is in the companies best interest

If merging means more pvp crap on a pve server then im against it period...

But it'd be restricted to clearly marked areas, and voluntary. I agree that the behaviour of certain PvPers in this event has not been encouraging, but they are very easy to avoid in-game, and the tricks that they used to have for flagging non-PvP people have largely been dealt with.

If it means keeping the ping rate, having to share a server with PvP types - given they can't engage anyone against their will - is a small price to pay.

pretty sure bioware dont care about APAC players. 1/2 a year no solution.

pretty sure 2.0 will hit before they address our issue. A fix means more money for bioware at this rate there be no one left.

maybe soe and bioware arn't that different in ignoring player base?

Edited by avimeso

Time for some closure to this thread. It's about time you people that are "in charge" made a decision and let the APAC community know *** is going on. Do we hang in there for a merge ?, do we even bother to lvl our toons to 55 when 2.0 hits ? or do we re-roll on different servers ?.

We struggle on on Master D and there are only a few regular faces left. I think everyone knows everyone know even down to their 8th alt. We all enjoy the game and the guildies we play with. This makes for a tight knit community, we all drink at the same pub so to speak. We have the regular douches, the pros, the nut bags, the guild and personal rivalries, the spirit of competition (APAC RAW / sever firsts), the inter-factional drama and most of all the LOLz.

IMO the dwindling state of the game on Master D has enhanced the hardcore community but if you f@rkers let it go any longer then the spirit of our server is at risk. Why not merger us with the PVE server and be done with it, im sure their community is in a similar state. Bring us together to enjoy the game, don't pull us apart and destroy what alot of us have spent so long to build.

I love everyone on my server and wouldn't want to go on with out them, from realfaststar, greenhead and alphabade to bobz, jeck, koozie and term, the guys from pandemic, the sooks in NC, the guys from 852, to all my guildies, the boys from BOSS and all the regular miscreants, slack jaws, yokels, drunkards and who could forget midian.

TLDR: Fix it fix it now.

OH PS: Tinkle DTF ? <3

OH ... PPS: pinky lets shoot some hoops babeh

Edited by Sitholat

More likely they have forgotten MDM exsists.

If it was in preperation for closing it soon, that would still leave Gav Daragon in the same dying state.

Gav's not so bad; standard at peak, and growing on the lower level planets. Maybe they are planning to merge Gav and Dal and offer transfers to the MDN player.*

Could be worse.

*not a typo.

Been discussed many times, the Gav status thing is buggy, someone grabbed player numbers per server a few weeks back and Gav was only slightly better off than MDN...

Yeah, definitely buggy, I went and had a look when it showed heavy, and there were 22 people on the fleet in prime time. :eek: and no, there was only 1 instance.

Time for some closure to this thread. It's about time you people that are "in charge" made a decision and let the APAC community know *** is going on. Do we hang in there for a merge ?, do we even bother to lvl our toons to 55 when 2.0 hits ? or do we re-roll on different servers ?.

We struggle on on Master D and there are only a few regular faces left. I think everyone knows everyone know even down to their 8th alt. We all enjoy the game and the guildies we play with. This makes for a tight knit community, we all drink at the same pub so to speak. We have the regular douches, the pros, the nut bags, the guild and personal rivalries, the spirit of competition (APAC RAW / sever firsts), the inter-factional drama and most of all the LOLz.

IMO the dwindling state of the game on Master D has enhanced the hardcore community but if you f@rkers let it go any longer then the spirit of our server is at risk. Why not merger us with the PVE server and be done with it, im sure their community is in a similar state. Bring us together to enjoy the game, don't pull us apart and destroy what alot of us have spent so long to build.

I love everyone on my server and wouldn't want to go on with out them, from realfaststar, greenhead and alphabade to bobz, jeck, koozie and term, the guys from pandemic, the sooks in NC, the guys from 852, to all my guildies, the boys from BOSS and all the regular miscreants, slack jaws, yokels, drunkards and who could forget midian.

TLDR: Fix it fix it now.

OH PS: Tinkle DTF ? <3

OH ... PPS: pinky lets shoot some hoops babeh

Pretty much this...

And you forgot to mention me :(

the APAC server is not a lobby,and i think that most important,no matter how many good friends you have in your server,we will still be limited to do every basic contents that we pay,operations,warzones,flashpoints ecc.

this is what i pay for,and then of course a good community is a nice plus,also you can find lot`s of awesome people on different servers as well,so it is pointless all this nostalgia talk,you will be fine even with new players.

i played 6 years in the naritus server of SWG,and made some good friends in there,then SOE decided to shut down our server due to the lack of people,and i transferred on a bigger destination server,i could find some of my old friends,and i was happy,but also the excitement to make new friends and know new people online was a nice boost.

so we can cope with a merge or a transfer.

of course this is just my opinion,and it`s not a fact,but most important is that BioWare start to talk to us,the APAC people are waiting for a simple statement,so don`t leave us like this way.

Edited by Marshal_Ney

Why not merger us with the PVE server and be done with it, im sure their community is in a similar state. Bring us together to enjoy the game, don't pull us apart and destroy what alot of us have spent so long to build.

I agree just merge MD into Dalborra. Who cares what a small % of Gav players want. Leave them there if they want to stay. It seems like a small capacity server anyway.