Looking for ideas on how to overcome extreme PvP imbalance on RP server

JattaGin

Hello,

I play on a RP-PvE server on rep side. There are a lot of dedicated players on our side and many of us enjoy to play warzones. But we are all casual PvPers. We had one or two PvP guilds, but they disappeared. We have not one proper PvP guild left which is actually OK, because it is no PvP server. We have about 30 players who you see regularly queueing for warzones. We go into warzones as pugs 9/10 times, but since we know each other, we have a good mix between pure pugs and organisation.

Now the problem:

The Imp side has 4 or 5 hardcore PvP guilds. They are all fully geared up with purple augments and best in slot items, mostly FotM chars, a lot of them 90+ valor (I checked them with an Imp alt). They use VoIP for communication. For a long time, we could cope with this fact, because there were certain times during the day (usually around noon) where they were not online, so we could get our weekly and wouldn't get facerolled for at least a couple of matches.

Previously, it was also possible that we faced a 4-premade + 4 pugs. But for a good month or so, 90% of the games are against 2x4 premades with 4 of one guild and 4 of another guild. And when they f*cked us, the next warzone has 2x4 of two other guilds waiting for us.

These guilds are so dominant that we do not even have the slightest chance if we manage to get a 4-premade ourselves. Which is rare anyway, because less and less people are willing to go into warzones on our side. And while they grind and grind, we do not even manage to get our weekly done and we need ages to get a new warhero item. And yes, we know how to play PvP. We do not need L2P. You know very well how difficult it is to face fully geared 2x4 premades. It is what ranked warzones are for.

This is not all: Many of these Imp players actually enjoy facerolling us and stopping us from getting our weekly done. They find it funny to wait for us at the respawn-point and finishing us so that we do not even get close to a cap point, are not willing to discuss this in a serious manner and they do not see or understand that they kill PvP on our server with this. We had a massive decrease in Rep PvP players for weeks and warzone pops get less and less. It is even worse than before the server merge. All because people do not want to pay money for getting f*cked constantly. There is nothing to say against a faceroll once in a while when a team is playing really good. But the Imp guilds do not even play good. They solely rely on their power. What shall you do against 3 PTs who cause 1.5million hit points alone. But if your faceroll-factor is somewhere between 90-100%, you simply get tired. And then stop PvPing (in best case) or quit completely (in worst case). We have seen both massively during the last month. It is disheartening. And this time, it is not Bioware's fault (except if you claim that the whole PvP system is their system which is true at the end), but because there are hardcore PvP guilds ruining casual PvP on a RP-PvE-server and they have no interest to achieve some sort of balance.

Me and my guildies tried to fight against the Imps as long as possible. But the war is over. Imps won. We play Alts now and PvE. It is just senseless to go into warzones. Sure, we could queue and then check if we have luck and get a rare pug vs. pug, if not we could quit. But this is bad gaming, too. So we do not even queue. And so often, we play with 6 ot 7 players, because we don't even find 8 who are interested to get facerolled.

Long story short: Do you see any way out of this scenario? The only thing left for us is whining and quitting. I find this terrible. I would love some fair PvP and even premades vs. pugs can be fair. But for that the premades would have to act responsibly and knowingly of their situation. Our opponent premades don't. I don't know, maybe they are all just 14 years old puberty boys (which would explain why they can always be online after 2 o'clock until late evening). Many of our rep players are 30+.

Bonus question: Why are hardcore PvP players playing on a RP-PvE server facerolling casual pugs in the first place? Is this fun? If yes, how so? I don't get it.

For the bonus question, maybe they discovered they like role-playing and not getting jumped while in the open world leveling, yet still like PvP when they can chose when to do it?

Don't know why though, as the random encounters on the planets are a lot of fun.

May I assume this is on Ebon Hawk? Because my server (Begeren Colony) is the only other RP-PvE server and we have more Republic guilds than Imperial PvP guilds.

As to your thread, I suggest you find others who feel as you do, find a time to get together and form an 8-man group. The next step of course would be to find PvPers like yourself and start up (or join an existing) core PvP guild. There are enough of you out there, just gotta band together. (I don't know anything, just trying to be helpful)

For the bonus question: I consider myself a hardcore PvPer. I chose an RP server because (1) it's where my friends were going, (2) the community tends to be a lot better, and (3) because of the immersion (Really fun walking past the cantina HEARING people in 'say'). I do not like rolling pugs with premades. I get premades together (both sides) to fight other premades. That being said, some people certainly enjoying destroying pugs. Some on my server XD

Edited by MelliMelon

I'm sad to hear you're going through this. In an already strained community, sadistic jerks like these don't help the game at all. You've already listed the suggestions I would have already given you, so you've done the right things so far. As a fellow RPer and hardcore PvPer, I wish you the best.

Perhaps you might find another way to "get back at them," on your terms. On my server [EDIT]...wait, you said "RP-PvE" server... hehehe... Well, sir! Allow me to introduce myself and my friends in the Wardens and the Azure Blades of the Ebon Hawk server. We eat Sith for dinner, and, assuming you're on my server, I think I know the guilds you're talking about. Let me share with you a little story we did to one of them in the Black Hole area one night...

The Setup:

Many of us like to run around flagged, particularly in shared zones - like the Black Hole daily area. Traveling between the two faction's questing areas is really easy, with three paths to get in and out. One of these paths is an L-shaped tunnel bridge that goes to where we rescue to the Drell scientists. Two elite droids patrol both entrances to the tunnel with another strong droid at our end.

A few of us started causing a scene and enticing some cocky Sith to attack us. Never travel in packs greater than two or you'll intimidate them – send in your best War Hero geared Republic heroes and have the other members of your group waiting to swoop in and overwhelm the would-be ganker. Rinse and repeat until more Sith arrive.

Remember, generally speaking, Imperial players are extremely cocky and self-sure about their PvP prowess. Exploit this.

The Mark:

Have one of your allies on an Imperial alt and "announce" in General chat on the Fleet that the Republic is attacking everyone in the zone you're operating in. Make sure your marked guild knows about it in some way. Remember: be cool. Don't tip your hand that you're a "Republic spy."

The Sting:

Once said Imp guild gets cocky and tries to come "save the day," make a tactical retreat through one of the three entrances leaving the area... with another group hiding to ambush them from the flank.

When we did this (multiple times, mind you) we had myself, a Vanguard, and a Guardian DPS waiting around a wall at the tunnel bridge. From here, we can look through the glass and around the walls to see the Sith passing. We ordered our ops to stop on the far end and put up a fight while we came around and picked them off from the rear.

Fish in a barrel. We did this three times before they gave up.

I hope this might help with some ideas on getting back at those Imp guilds. For everyone else, I hope it inspires some world pvp on your respective servers. Until Ilum is fixed, we just have to make our own World PvP (do you hear me, Bioware!?)

Edited by DacRycar

Thank you all for your suggestions and I am also glad I did not get bashed by the usual comments here. :)

However, I am not talking about the Ebon Hawk server. To be honest, I did not even know there is a server with such a name. But I am glad it looks better on your server.

I do not think that I will re-roll a PvP character on a PvP-server, but if paid server transfers come one day and one is allowed to transfer one single char, I guess I could change that char to a different server.

I have thought more about the situation this morning and had a chat with some players and we decided to take a little break from PvPing and advicing this to the other Rep players as well. Some sort of "strike / tie-up" against the current situation. Giving the Imp guilds a chance to re-think their lives while playing solely Imp vs. Imp warzones. ;)

P. S. Thank you also for your answers concerning my bonus questions. You gave answers which I can understand. I still do not understand though why people form hardcore PvP guilds on a RP-PvE-server in the first place. Or actually I do: I am very sure that these players would not stand a chance on a PvP-server. "Among the blind the one-eyed is king."

However, I am not talking about the Ebon Hawk server.

No, certainly not. Ebon Hawk has the same problem, but it's the Republic premades who are trolling the normal queue. We used to have some pretty healthy PvP on our server, but it's dwindled down to the point where there are only about 4 hardcore PvP guilds left.

Half the problem is that I see more and more Imp players queueing up in PvE gear, which only adds to the roflstomping.

No, certainly not. Ebon Hawk has the same problem, but it's the Republic premades who are trolling the normal queue. We used to have some pretty healthy PvP on our server, but it's dwindled down to the point where there are only about 4 hardcore PvP guilds left.

Half the problem is that I see more and more Imp players queueing up in PvE gear, which only adds to the roflstomping.

Depends what time you q up sometimes (on Ebon Hawke), usually will find 1-3 players in a Republic group with no expertise which makes it even tough for a good pre to carry at times. It's really about the same on both sides as far as gimps who refuse to wear the recruit gear.. I'd say the Republc wins more often then the Empire but it's not a slaughterfest and the Imp's have a few solid teams as well like Hex, Brok Chains, also seen Silent Council been improving as of late and Guerilla and Empire can be good at times as well.. so I don't think Ebon Hawke has a horrible imbalance

Depends what time you q up sometimes (on Ebon Hawke), usually will find 1-3 players in a Republic group with no expertise which makes it even tough for a good pre to carry at times. It's really about the same on both sides as far as gimps who refuse to wear the recruit gear.. I'd say the Republc wins more often then the Empire but it's not a slaughterfest and the Imp's have a few solid teams as well like Hex, Brok Chains, also seen Silent Council been improving as of late and Guerilla and Empire can be good at times as well.. so I don't think Ebon Hawke has a horrible imbalance

I'd say it depends. Hadn't really given it much thought until I started trying to knock out the daily with a character on each faction, but...

With one premade on each side matches are pretty even, and pure pug (i.e. no more then two people on a team queued together) fairly even as well. The big difference is I think that those Republic groups that queue together tend to do so with a far greater frequency at this point.

Because of this I'd say it takes 30-50% fewer matches before I finish the weekly Rep. side compared to imp. Not biggie, just a surprising observation when back on Shien it was about the same ratio the opposite way.

Your on the The Progenitor? If so they closed the European Rp-PVP servers and the players there could choose between the progenitor (RP-PVE) and the Tomb of Freedom Nadd (PVP).

True is there are few guilds from RP-PVP server on Progenitor but it is not that bad.

To JattaGin:

All I can say is to never give up. PUGs can be horrible but as soon as you get your comms, it is OK. Grind and grind and you will be equal one day. It will just take longer. Republic gets stronger every warzone.

The Progenitor republic PVP guilds are gone? No problem. We know each other so well that we are premade almost every time. All we miss is communication but if this is the problem then I can say (if you belong to Progenitor server) join us on Teamspeak/Ventrilo.

Hi!

Sad to hear.

I know its not funny but it might be worth to roll a new char on another server, sometimes its really funny to try out a new char and find out all new tricks can be funny. Ofc try chose server that is balanced, on our server red eclipse(pve, with short ques for pvp both 10-49 and 50 so getting gear goes fast) somedays imps win and somedays reps. I hate leveling myself, but was so tired of my sorc so the fun with my new char made it worth .

Hope u can find the fun again

best regards

kraroc

Currently playing on the Gav Daragon (PvE-RP Asia/Pacific), and a few months ago we had this problem too. Because 60% of the imperial side was in one giant guild and 30% were split up into others.

We conquered it primarily by having a few guilds rep-side that actually took off. When the imps were around we endured the beating, someimes we got 2 4-mans of the guys with the best gear and skills to fight back and won some matches, and when they weren't around we did repvrep or rolled the imp pug groups that showed up. Eventually, instead of having a few people in WH there were enough to fill multiple ops groups.

Secondly, eventually we actually communicated with them. You can have multiple alts, jump over impside, join one of these guilds, play with them for a while and talk to them. Get them to see your side of it and realise they're taking the fun out of PvP. It's a lot easier to enjoy tearing people apart when you don't know them.

That was maybe 3 months ago. Now, we're on equal terms. If they field one of their best teams, they'll roll our pugs. In return, our best teams queue up and give them what for. And vice versa.

Just because you're on opposing sides doesn't mean you have to be enemies. Especially with cross-server coming in. Of course, if they're just ***-hats, well, there's no cure for that. Persistence is key, but there are other servers.