January is coming. is ilum coming?

LUCASCASADEIS

i don't have the link but one person from Bioware said it

I barely take them at their word when i have proof, nevermind if i don't..

You'll forgive me if i'm just not buying it?

All i have is they are targetting January for a "light-hearted anniversary" event on Ilum which may bring some PvP. Hardly a reworking of any type of RvR. I really wish it were otherwise however.

Edited by Tic-

The engine is still not good enough to support a large group of players in one area. The first day of 1.6 there was about 20 of us in one big battle and we all had problems with lag and the game generally just running slow.

I would love to see some brilliant objective based Wpvp but with the current engine it wont happen.

if they ever figure out how to fix the lag when more than 30 players are in an area or fighting at once that would help bigtime. That and if they would remove the 1 shot cannons and go back to original ilum where you could actually invade the other factions base. I still remember the mass quitting that occurred after they made invading bases offlimits its like *** I thought this was pvp?!?!

The engine is still not good enough to support a large group of players in one area. The first day of 1.6 there was about 20 of us in one big battle and we all had problems with lag and the game generally just running slow.

I would love to see some brilliant objective based Wpvp but with the current engine it wont happen.

i hope they can fix it

I would be happy with something on the scale of old school vanilla AV. That used to be fun and is very lacking in swtor, wz's get old fast if you play them most of the time....

I want to see companions usable too in all world pvp, make them more useful and tactical then they are currently.

Early enough in beta they had WZs with that many players (although not that much scope) apparently, but again they were reduced because of engine issues. :(

Certainly an AV type map would be a decent stand in for proprer RvR.

you have to think of it this way people, 800 dev's to make this game and put it all together. for Six years....Think back to the time you played on a pvp zone in star wars galaxies, when you had a large amount of players, YES the game ran slow and choppy. When Sony had that live event when a city was blown up live with 2,000 player pvping... I know we distroyed a 10,000.00 server for that live event. Not all the kings men or computer tech's could not put the server back together after it blow.

Not unless they have massively upgraded the engine so i can handle move than a handful of players on screen at once.

This was the biggest turnoff for me at launch. The pvp objctives etc. were obviously broken too so people just ended up farming illum once per day then leaving, but this...