Need to increase FPS

Turnizzle

I am running the Following

AMD A8-3870K Unlocked Llano 3.0GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 6550D AD3870WNGXBOX

G.SKILL Value 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9S-4GBNT - x2

Foxconn A75M FM1 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Linkworld LPG8 630w 630W ATX12V Power Supply

Western Digital AV RFHWD3200AVJS 320GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal AV Hard Drive

Intel 330 120GB SSDSC2CT120

I run into some low fps when questing and in some heavy graphic boss fights, what I was thinking was picking up a second video card that works with the one that is built into the processor or up grading completely. Would either of those ideas work or should I do something else?

The need to have some performance improvements is one issue from this game.

I have the following system:

i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz Quad-Core

8Gb DDR3 Corsair @ 1600 MHz

SATA2 SSD for SO

SATA3 SSD for Games

HDD for storage only

G-Force GTX660Ti with 2GB VRam

My game settings are all maxed.

With that you think I can keep 60 FPS all the time with vertical synchronization turned on, right?

WRONG!

I barely go over 40 FPS in the fleet near GTN area.

Some planets I do get steady 60 FPS most of the times (even more if I turn vsync off) but in some places the FPS rate drops to below 50 frames.

Warzones... during heavy fights with lots of people gathered, I don't go over 45 FPS.

Some ops, the same as warzones.

I guess that the biggest problem is that this game is coded as a 32 bit application (so I've heard/read). If they change it to 64 bits, we could have a really good improvement in my opinion.

[...]

I run into some low fps when questing and in some heavy graphic boss fights, what I was thinking was picking up a second video card that works with the one that is built into the processor or up grading completely. Would either of those ideas work or should I do something else?

A "second" video card wouldn't make any sense, as no dedicated video card will work together with an integrated graphics chip. A video card for around 50 - 70$ (GeForce GT630, Radeon HD 6750/70 or something like that) would probably be a good way to boost your performance quite notably. Then deactivate your graphics chips and never ever turn it on again ;-)

Edited by Count_Haake