Getting ***** much?

XinnKoda

Just a general question, I'm a new level 50, I have about 50% Recruit and 50% BM gear, and I've done close to 40 WZs this week, and have only won 5. I've been going solo, and I know I'm not doing a ton of damage to the opposite team since most of them are fully geared, but I know it can't be just me that's making my team lose. Seems like at the end of the match everyone on my team is around 50-100k damage where as the opposite team is around 100-300k damage. I've been trying desperately to finish my weekly quest (winning 9 PVP matches) but after an all day WZ grind, I'm unable to finish it. What is going on here? I took an 8 month break from SWTOR and before I left it seemed like when I entered WZs it would be a 50/50 match on who would win. Is it possible when I go solo I keep going against premades? I just don't get it. In many cases I'm one of the top damage dealers which shouldn't make sense because I have terrible gear. Can someone help me understand why I'm losing SO many WZs? P.S. I'm a DPS Powertech.

If you want to finish your weekly try to quitting a match you know your team will lose and queue again. It's usually not worth it if your still need bm gear. IfIt could also be bad luck. I had days when it seems I only gotten 1 or 2 wins, but then you have your good days that you only lose 1 or two matches.

Two things here:

1. You are still in a status of upgrading your gear

2. You need to focus on objectives and not only on killing enemies.

Not sure if the powertech is a stealth class (I am generally not interested in any "shooting" class, did not play any yet), but iof you have that option, try to get some caps, defends, diffuses, etc.

And most of all - try to agree on team strategy BEFORE the WZ starts - that is particularly important on PuGs.

Works for me, so i see no reason it should not work for you.

Still you have a chance to run against "Uber premade keyboard warriors" group that will roll over you no matter what, but if you use the above points, your team has at least a chance to win.

Even premades make mistakes.

Honestly, it might also be a good idea to find out when your server has its "Prime Time" for PvP and schedule your PvP around it. For example, on my server, from 5-8 P.M Eastern is when the WZs are full of War Heroes. Conquerors, and premades made of each. Until you get your self geared up to the point where you can more easily compete with them, it would be a good idea to try and plan your PvP around your server's prime time hours.

If you load into a warzone and alot of people are giving instructions on what to do in the warzone: LEAVE

If you load into a warzone and ops chat is quiet, or joking: STAY

Only bad players talk in ops other than to say "One inc Grass". Good players will all be in voice chat with one another. Thus, if anyone is acutally giving 'plans' in a wz, avoid that guy like a virus.

Your main problem is you sound like you are a solo player on a server playing against premade teams.

The PVP forum section has a few trolls who will try to mislead you into thinking "if you only get better" but what you just described as dishing out tons of damage to opponents that don't die indicate your adversary's have organized methods of protecting their DPS's (gunslingers, snipers) with tanks who are constantly being healed by a group of overlapping healers.

Yes , it has gotten bad on some of these servers because the premade teams like to play fresh recruit teams to farm medals.

You'll soon shed your recruit gear but you will be very frustrated at the lack of funds you will receive from the losing matches as they are not nearly enough to buy WH gear.

Example: Your team loses you get 60 comms. The exchange from WZ comms to Ranked WZ is 30 for every 10.

A basic small WH item is around 1400 comms, so it will take around 70 losing matches to get a single WH item.

If you load into a warzone and alot of people are giving instructions on what to do in the warzone: LEAVE

Only bad players talk in ops other than to say "One inc Grass". Good players will all be in voice chat with one another. Thus, if anyone is acutally giving 'plans' in a wz, avoid that guy like a virus.

Um...no. I've been in too many PuGs where the chat was silent and as a result no one had any direction as to what to do, or what was going to happen. As a result, 3/4 of the team was running around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off and getting rolfstomped.

Also, since he is talking about PuGs, there is a pretty fair chance that no one is in voice chat with any one else in the WZ.

A simple initial plan is normally needed for a PuG group so it can be marginally organized. There are some exceptions to this, like when you begin to recognize other players and their capabilities and you know that they are experienced and no typed communication is needed other than to say "1inc grass" or "4 inc south"

Enough of these posts, you dont want to hurt the feelings of the "Pro" players who love their premades and grenades, cause it "takes skill and strategy", as they say.

You can form your own premade. You can also make or purchase grenades. If you're flying solo and getting owned, it's your own damn fault.

Absolute *********. When I do premades and use VOIP, I still type out plans in chat so the rest of the group knows.

Nobody saying anything in chat almost always equal fail.

Absolute *********. When I do premades and use VOIP, I still type out plans in chat so the rest of the group knows.

Nobody saying anything in chat almost always equal fail.

well, then what my friend kettlebell is suggesting is that.... u bad

Honestly, it might also be a good idea to find out when your server has its "Prime Time" for PvP and schedule your PvP around it. For example, on my server, from 5-8 P.M Eastern is when the WZs are full of War Heroes. Conquerors, and premades made of each. Until you get your self geared up to the point where you can more easily compete with them, it would be a good idea to try and plan your PvP around your server's prime time hours.

This. If you happen to match vs very good premades not even warhero gear can help you. When you finish a game - that you lost xD, make a pause 5-10 minutes and then start new one - thats just enough time to avoid queueing vs same strong premade.

Just a general question, I'm a new level 50, I have about 50% Recruit and 50% BM gear, and I've done close to 40 WZs this week, and have only won 5. I've been going solo, and I know I'm not doing a ton of damage to the opposite team since most of them are fully geared, but I know it can't be just me that's making my team lose. Seems like at the end of the match everyone on my team is around 50-100k damage where as the opposite team is around 100-300k damage. I've been trying desperately to finish my weekly quest (winning 9 PVP matches) but after an all day WZ grind, I'm unable to finish it. What is going on here? I took an 8 month break from SWTOR and before I left it seemed like when I entered WZs it would be a 50/50 match on who would win. Is it possible when I go solo I keep going against premades? I just don't get it. In many cases I'm one of the top damage dealers which shouldn't make sense because I have terrible gear. Can someone help me understand why I'm losing SO many WZs? P.S. I'm a DPS Powertech.

Well,

you play strong class. Powertech Pyro is DPS beast. From what you describe, it is apparent you had a bad luck facing premade teams.

Your best 'striiking back' option is (behold): "Friend List"!

Understand - premade team doesn't mean it's all WH clad 1337 guys. it means, at least 4 ppl of the opposing team are agreed on strategy and they know what to do / where to run. It is often enough to grant them victory.

I was in same boat like you a month ago.

Battlemaster clad Juggernaut tank, i've been loosing most of matches, finishing 'weekly' was problem.

Then i started to talk to healers that i saw entering with me, i watched how they play and what they doing.

Now, i usually queue with one of 2 healers - one is outstanding sorcerer and second amazing operative. If they are both online we take another tank or DPS.

I stopped loosing, mostly winning the matches now - with exceptinon we face guild premade teams - and sometimes we beat even them too.

My advice: look around you, if you spot same name in WZ more times, note his/her playstyle. Talk to some tank and healer, put them on friend list - fill your friend list with more names, so you always have someone to party up with. It's double fun then. Believe me.

I'm not guilded and yet, thanks to my friend list, i always queue in group nowadays.

Two things here:

1. You are still in a status of upgrading your gear

2. You need to focus on objectives and not only on killing enemies.

Not sure if the powertech is a stealth class (I am generally not interested in any "shooting" class, did not play any yet), but iof you have that option, try to get some caps, defends, diffuses, etc.

And most of all - try to agree on team strategy BEFORE the WZ starts - that is particularly important on PuGs.

Works for me, so i see no reason it should not work for you.

Still you have a chance to run against "Uber premade keyboard warriors" group that will roll over you no matter what, but if you use the above points, your team has at least a chance to win.

Even premades make mistakes.

Got to bold part and stopped reading.

Pity for you, because the words AFTER provide nuff explanation.

Doesn't really matter. If you're not sure what classes have stealth I would have to take anything you say about WZ tactics with a grain or 2 of salt.

And I don't know how you don't pay attention to them. There's at least 1 in every WZ if not 2 or 3.

Doesn't really matter. If you're not sure what classes have stealth I would have to take anything you say about WZ tactics with a grain or 2 of salt.

And I don't know how you don't pay attention to them. There's at least 1 in every WZ if not 2 or 3.

^^^^ This

As to the OP, 50-100k damage is extremely low for a full warzone, especially on a PT. There are exceptions, of course (being on defense, short warzones, being tank specced), but you should be consistently doing over 100k damage in a DPS role, even in recruit gear. It sounds like you could benefit from checking the PT forums for some help with your class (it is one of the better DPS classes). You may also be finding that the random groups you are getting are not as skilled, geared, or coordinated as the other groups you are facing. It may even be exacerbated by your low HP since players who can't handle losing every now and then will quit when they see a couple undergeared players (even suggested to you in this thread, everyone had bad gear at some point so get over yourself). I'd strongly suggest finding a guild that can help you improve yourself and aid you in getting gear in multiple ways.

To the OP,

You are capable of putting out a lot more damage however it sounds like you are not surviving long enough to do it. While your class is excellent for dealing damage with your Recruit gear on you're quite squishy. You may want to try and take on the role of a support DPS until you get all your BM pieces. Some suggestions I would have:

- Try hanging out on the fringes of fights and harpoon people that are at around 50%-60%, burst them down and try hide behind something and hope no one noticed you. you are a melee class but with a pull you don't have to get in the middle of the scrum. You can stick to the outside and pull people to where it's advantageous for you.

- Pick out a buddy in the WZ, you don't have to plan everything with them but just follow them around. This way you won't be alone and you'll a chance to deliver the burst the PT's are capable of.

- Don't forget to use your taunts. Won't help you survive but you will get some extra medals.

- Protect the healers. Even without guard if you hang around a healer and peel people off him unless he's a total goon he will notice and heal you. Nothing improves survivabilty better than a pocket healer. Whenever I'm healing if a DPS decides to fill the tank role and keep me safe he is getting priority in my heal list.

Thanks for all the responses. I think part of the problem is that the current trend in the WZs I've been in lately is that everyone runs around freelancing. The Warzones that I do win seems to be extremely strategic and everyone does their role. On the flipside, the warzones that we lose, we lose by a landslide. We were on civil war yesterday and I was trying to get middle with a bunch of my team and I noticed 2 of our team mates went and controlled snow. As soon as they controlled snow they both left it. I tried to say in Ops chat "guys, someone needs to guard snow" but they continued to keep it unguarded which resulted in the enemy team taking it over. Sometimes I try to guard it but I'm nowhere near powerful enough to defend it. I try to call out incoming at the first sight of an enemy but people don't look at Ops chat and no one comes to help. I also notice that when they are 6 enemy players at a turret, a lot of people try to run in solo. Can people not see this does nothing? I've been trying to find groups to do warzones with and I just joined a guild which sounds promising so I'm hoping things will get better.

What server are you on? Here on Jedi Covenant, there's like a 90% chance that if you solo queue you will end up against a premade. To win at a decent rate, you pretty much HAVE to have a premade of your own. Carrying pugs to victory in solo queue against premades is a very difficult endeavor most of the time. I advise you to find a PvP guild so you can make your own premade. Solo queueing is almost a guaranteed loss now(at least on my server, unfortunate but true.)

The barrier to entry in PvP is higher than it used to be, now that some people have had time to fully gear up. Full WH PvP guilds won't accept you if you are merely in recruit gear. However, it will take you a long time to grind fully min/maxed augmented WH gear if those same full WH premades stomp you over and over again.

Edited by NamikazeNaruto

What server are you on? Here on Jedi Covenant, there's like a 90% chance that if you solo queue you will end up against a premade. To win at a decent rate, you pretty much HAVE to have a premade of your own. Carrying pugs to victory in solo queue against premades is a very difficult endeavor most of the time. I advise you to find a PvP guild so you can make your own premade. Solo queueing is almost a guaranteed loss now(at least on my server, unfortunate but true.)

The barrier to entry in PvP is higher than it used to be, now that some people have had time to fully gear up. Full WH PvP guilds won't accept you if you are merely in recruit gear. However, it will take you a long time to grind fully min/maxed augmented WH gear if those same full WH premades stomp you over and over again.

And nobody would know more then a pugstomping premade guild like ld50. They go way out of their way to go full group against a pickup team in order to medal farm.