why are you devoted to the empire?

Baphomet_x

curious what reasons other people have for being devoted to the empire

one of my big reasons is it bears striking similaritys to something in irl history....

due to forum rules ill give you three hints as to what im talking about

1.this place and time imploded round about a few years before metallica`s lead singer`s vocal cords lost alot of the scream

2.this place and time got mad at china for not sticking to the ideal close enough

3.my bounty hunters name is "anushka"

It has been proven that when we're positive and happy, endorphins rush through our system. Now, I'm no scientist, but I know what endorphins are. They're tiny little magical elves that swim through your bloodstream and tell funny jokes to each other. When they reach your brain, you hear what they're saying and that boosts your health and happiness. "Knock, knock... Who's there?... LIttle endorphin... Little endorphin who?... Little endorphine Annie." And then the endorphins laugh, and then you laugh. See? It's science!

It has been proven that when we're positive and happy, endorphins rush through our system. Now, I'm no scientist, but I know what endorphins are. They're tiny little magical elves that swim through your bloodstream and tell funny jokes to each other. When they reach your brain, you hear what they're saying and that boosts your health and happiness. "Knock, knock... Who's there?... LIttle endorphin... Little endorphin who?... Little endorphine Annie." And then the endorphins laugh, and then you laugh. See? It's science!

This is the greatest explanation of how endorphins work. Ever.

Because.. like Flipping Flap Jack's quote. Only sith deal in absolutes.

You always know where you stand with Sith. Jedi are flaky. No one is that goody two shoes. That, and as a bounty hunter I find Jedi easy to kill.

curious what reasons other people have for being devoted to the empire

one of my big reasons is it bears striking similaritys to something in irl history....

due to forum rules ill give you three hints as to what im talking about

1.this place and time imploded round about a few years before metallica`s lead singer`s vocal cords lost alot of the scream

2.this place and time got mad at china for not sticking to the ideal close enough

3.my bounty hunters name is "anushka"

I have no idea what you are talking about. At all.

I like the Empire for the aesthetics - it's a simplistic, neat environment geared toward function. For the purposes of what the Empire is, the architecture and uniform designs work. I've never felt comfortable with the Jedi philosophies either, but I feel Sith get more wiggle room in what they can and can't do, which makes them more interesting as characters. One might argue that a Sith is a human merely exaggerated, whereas a Jedi is a human quashed. Also the accents make me feel at home; (apart from the female Smuggler) the Republic accents and voice acting feel bland, monotonous and uninspired. Compare that to Ergonomic Chairs Chap at The Wall.

Machiavellianism (stabilize the galaxy with an iron fist first, otherwise the Republic's "democracy" talk is meaningless). In the words of the great Canderous Ordo, "The Republic is a stagnant beast that had been killing its people for years before the war began."

In short, because screw the Republic (I have no problems with the Jedi as an independent Order).

Republic might have the morale high ground... but - they - are - so - freaking - boring. Period.

You look good.

You have real power, and respect. Sometimes both.

You have better quality storylines, period.

Your companions look good.

You don't get told off for being greedy - ever. (I've not yet been told off, anyway).

Simple reason - being Imperial is *Fun*... I love how so far, both Starwars MMO's have let you played the Bad guys.

Imp Zabraks>Republic Zabaraks based on their appearence. I have no idea why bioware segregated the skin color of zabraks like that and just have one zabrak race would be alot better.

^^This!

I think imp Zabraks and rep Zabraks are from different tribes or clans.

This is why

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

But if they answer my dreams and make Yoda playable... By By

Truth be told I enjoy characters that are Empire oriented. Bounty Hunter is my main. And I tohught when I was installing SW TOR on my PC - only force sensitive and saber wielding chars for me. Right now I'm playing BH and Agent.

But to be fair - I have all 8 classes, equally 4 vs 4 in terms of factions. I have a perfect balance

- 4 on Republic

- 4 on Empire

- 4 males

- 4 females

- 2 pairs on Republic

- 2 pairs on Empire

I'm an altoholic so I plan to get all chars to 50 but right now I play the ones I enjoy the most. Luckily for the Empire that BH works for them.