Between flashpoints

If you need the gear/money you can do dailies. I personally just talk to my guild or in general chat and craft. I'll also do "rail races" on the Imperial Fleet to pass the time. The only real spec you have to wait a while for is DPS. On my Merc I can wait 45 minutes for a queue with no pop while on my Heals I'll get an instaqueue. A realistic wait time is about a half hour for DPS and 5-10 minutes for heals. If you're a tank and not getting an instaqueue not enough people are queueing

Between queues you.....

-Hunt datacrons.

-Do dailies

-PVP

-Go on a ganking spree.

-Explore the worlds

-Rep up your companions

-Go do quests you missed/couldnt find a group for

-Solo lower level FP's for neat looking gear(not sure if you can do that in the queue)

-Play the GTN

-Farm up matts for crafting

-Craft thigns (to sell or use)

-Learn all the patterns you can and RE them for better ones.

-Have fun chatting to guildies.

When people cry about not enough thigns to do well they only have themselves to blame.

You can also join the LFG queue with a premade. Make friends with a healer or a tank and queue with them. It also never hurts to ask a healer or tank from an FP you finish if they are for up another. You could end making a friend so you'll have someone to queue with.

Sorry I don't have any help for what I do in between pops. I'm a healer on my main and I always queue with a tank on my alts so what I usually do between FP pops is another FP :D.

Datacron hunting would be a better idea if you get sent back to the spot once you were done with the FP. Would hate to be out in the middle of nowhere to just end up back on fleet or ilum once you finished up.

Yeah, what's weird is that on the PTS server when you were done with a FP using the LFG tool it would put you back where you were, I don't know why they changed it..