Best way to make $$ as Biochem? What sells ?

RicoZaid

Well I have been looking into this and I honestly dont get how people make a lot of credits off of Stims.

At least on my server the Pastes sell for 8k each, and you would need 4 to make 3 stims. Doing the math you could make maybe 3k per stim if they sell at 18k. Grant it, that is around 12k per crafting but that seems like a rather small margin.

Not really sure if I am making a mistake here, but it just seems rather hard to make some real credits with it.

You have to find your own paste. Power diplomacy to 400 it dead easy. Just do lockbox missions. You may even come out ahead.

Ah, so its all about just spamming all 5 people off on diplomacy missions then? Yea, I can see how it is still profitable that way, seems like paste is more common than Neural Augmentors for the Slicers.

Though we dont get lockbox missions as Diplomacy do we? Did you mean Medical Supplies?

Edited by Solzean

Mission discoveries for Diplomacy and Bioanalysis lowbie mats are very inexpensive. I find myself snatching a lot of these up and crafting purple lowbie implants, most of which sell from 15-25k easily. I'll usually net around 500k a week just selling implants.

Exotechs sell nicely, but with the rapid undercutting they're often listed below market price for the materials. In this case, it is more profitable to sell the mats alone or save the stims for an opportune time to sell them.

Mission discoveries for Diplomacy and Bioanalysis lowbie mats are very inexpensive. I find myself snatching a lot of these up and crafting purple lowbie implants, most of which sell from 15-25k easily. I'll usually net around 500k a week just selling implants.

Exotechs sell nicely, but with the rapid undercutting they're often listed below market price for the materials. In this case, it is more profitable to sell the mats alone or save the stims for an opportune time to sell them.

If you find the mats yourself it is like 4-5 times cheaper than to buy. The people undercutting are the ones who can afford to due to this. I make 250k a day just on stims. People have to buy them over and over. Implants are a one time purchase. With a business model like that, you would be eaten alive on dragons den/shark tank.

If you find the mats yourself it is like 4-5 times cheaper than to buy. The people undercutting are the ones who can afford to due to this. I make 250k a day just on stims. People have to buy them over and over. Implants are a one time purchase. With a business model like that, you would be eaten alive on dragons den/shark tank.

Not exactly what I was saying. If 1 stim costs a theoretical 3k in mats self gathered to craft, it is still more profitable to sell for the mat's for market price rather than the stims undercut 15-17k price.

I make plenty on lowbie implants, so perhaps it is not as unsustainable as you might think.

I sell A LOT of purple and blue quality implants on my Shadow with BioChem. Got lucky and got a Columi implant drop that can sell upwards of 85k credits each time I decide to make them. I normally only sell low level items though from level 21 - 45 implants and health packs.

Not exactly what I was saying. If 1 stim costs a theoretical 3k in mats self gathered to craft, it is still more profitable to sell for the mat's for market price rather than the stims undercut 15-17k price.

I make plenty on lowbie implants, so perhaps it is not as unsustainable as you might think.

You get 3 stims per craft. So on the low end its 15k so 45k for 3k of mats

This is why the market is so fubar'ed. lol

Endgame crafting is where the real money is. If you say it so fubared in the lowbie crafting. Why don't you fix it?? Probably because there is no credits to be made.

FYI you can level 1-50 just by quest rewards gearing up. Go to fleet after every planet and use those comms . Lowbie crafting to me is pointless. The thread was asking best way to make money. Consumable endgame stims is where it is at for biochem.

Endgame crafting is where the real money is. If you say it so fubared in the lowbie crafting. Why don't you fix it?? Probably because there is no credits to be made.

FYI you can level 1-50 just by quest rewards gearing up. Go to fleet after every planet and use those comms . Lowbie crafting to me is pointless. The thread was asking best way to make money. Consumable endgame stims is where it is at for biochem.

If you don't craft low-mid level stuff, you won't be making money with low-mid level stuff. Just saying.

I make a lot of money with purple and blue implants.

And while I do have the exotech schematics for stims and adrenals, I only craft those for me and my alts, friends and guildies. The time and costs for them are a lot higher than for low-mid implants. For me, implants = effortless money, stims = not worth the aggravation.

This man is absolutely right. There is no money to be made crafting anything but endgame stims and adrenals etc. Those that claim money can be made crafting low to mid level implants are lying to you. I personally have not made uncounted millions selling level 41 purple implants day after day after day. I'm not continuing to make money selling these and level 21 purple implants day in and day out. There is nothing to see here. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. These aren't the droids you're looking for.

• 2 weeks later...
This man is absolutely right. There is no money to be made crafting anything but endgame stims and adrenals etc. Those that claim money can be made crafting low to mid level implants are lying to you. I personally have not made uncounted millions selling level 41 purple implants day after day after day. I'm not continuing to make money selling these and level 21 purple implants day in and day out. There is nothing to see here. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. These aren't the droids you're looking for.

It really bothers me when I come here trying to be helpful, stating fact and get called a liar

I sell at least 10-20 lowbie purple implants a day ranging from level 21-45. They cost me virtually nothing to craft and yield around 25k each. You do the math. Selling exotechs is viable, but like I said earlier, with all the undercutting bringing prices down to around 15k/stim I'd rather just craft stims for guildies and sell the mats.

OP take from this what you will, but on Po5, implants do sell as pvpers want to twink out lowbie alts.