How to get Purple crystal?

Stevenkedneydhsn

I've always wanted a purple color crystal for my lightsabers, but I'm unsure of how to get them. I'm fairly sure artifice is required to craft them, but then how does one get the schematic to craft them? I've seen the crystals can be purchased on the GTN, would buying one and RE it work, or do they also drop from HM Ops/HM FP's?

A mainhand weapon token drops from karraga on story mode karraga's palace, which can be traded at a colmi vendor for a mainhand weapon with a purple crystal which can be extracted.

A black purple crystal can be purchased from the pvp vendor and there used to be a purple war hero crystal, but it was removed. I think a few people still have the schematic for it though.

I've always wanted a purple color crystal for my lightsabers, but I'm unsure of how to get them. I'm fairly sure artifice is required to craft them, but then how does one get the schematic to craft them? I've seen the crystals can be purchased on the GTN, would buying one and RE it work, or do they also drop from HM Ops/HM FP's?

they drop from operations.

Artifice only do magenta (pink), not purple (unless I'm mistaken).

Magenta is really more purple than pink (it's more of a reddish purple). The purple crystals mentioned in previous posts may be more bluish, but if so I've never seen them side by side to tell the difference.

As for making the crystals (at least the magenta ones) - you do need to be an Artificer. My toon is one, and I just bought the Level 31 schematic off the GTN (other schematics show up there too). Not sure where else to get them, check out torhead here.

they drop from operations.

Not really.

Purple crystals do not drop as such.

The only way to get a purple crystal is to get a columi weapon on the empire side. Columi weapon tokens do of course drop on some operations but also on hardmode flashpoints, so not exclusive to operations. They are however exclusive to columi weapons for the empire side classes. To get them to republic side toons, one must have a legacy bound modifiable weapon (which is not possible to acquire right now, if you don't have one, but was sold in the last world event), and send them over inside that.

The only purple color crystals that drop as such from operations are purple-black crystals that drop on EC HM, which are equally available to both sides, but are not the same thing as normal purple crystals since they are black core.

A black purple crystal can be purchased from the pvp vendor

Those are pvp crystals with expertise.

To get purple black crystals with other stats, one can buy them through the GTN or directly from other players who have looted them in EC HM.

But to add something that was not yet mentioned, there is also a pink-purple crystal that has a chance to be found in those bags you can buy with cartel coins

This Crystal is lvl 10 and has + 41 endurance a other version also in the cartel pack has + 41 prestige