Welcome to Game Update 1.5: HK-51 Activated

CourtneyWoods

I have to say that as an Imperial player who lucked out on having a Pub character, I think it is utter sh*te that I actually need that character just to get HK-51. I understand you want people to play (and pay) for longer, but doing this kind of thing is more than a little shady. Keep it up to lose more subscribers, as this merely serves to further alienate people, regardless of focus on PvP or PvE. Many Imperial players take great pride in playing Imperials with no want, interest or care to play on the Republic at all.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, the issue isn't for Subbers. Content is good and solid for us.

Your epic fail BW is the F2P.

If you don't believe me? Look at the forum, place is on FIRE with complaints. When you can't show off your legacy last name, turn off that crappy looking helmet, or unify colours, or even show off that you're a Padawan without paying for it? What were you thinking?!

That's not even to say the UI. I mean regular subbers now have 6 and in some classes it was near impossible to handle with 4! Why are you restricting freebies to 2? Do you have ANY idea how bloated that bar is going to be? I know what you're doing, making them spend money, but in case your rapid descent of unsubs has shown, many don't see your game as INVESTMENT WORTHY. DC Universe Online over at SOE had the SAME problem you do and also had a rocky start with F2P, but once they actually LISTENED to their audience (for the most part, it's still a ways from perfect), they started making money! Sure, inventory, character slots, bank slots are restricted, as is escrow, but they made those PERMANENT unlocks in THEIR marketplace, why are you only dishing out weekly passes? Or, that's right, MAKING PEOPLE PAY TO HIDE THEIR HELMET OR SHOW OFF THEIR LAST NAME?! Do you have ANY idea how cringe worthy it is to see Han-solo or Leena-starwalker for a character name? Logic here, people, LOGIC!

My friends are returning players and new players, and the fact you're putting a brick wall in front of them is nothing short of FAIL. That's NOT how you make money back, it's only at best a short term gain with an even BIGGER long term dropoff. It's the little things that matter, like being able to toggle your helmet or show a last name, or BEING ABLE TO FIGHT IN A GAME WITHOUT RUNNING OUT OF QUICKBAR. You give us subbers 6, why did you take away 2 of those from the free players?

I was really enjoying this HK-51 questline until I found out:

1. You need to have a mid level character on the other faction.

2. You need to compete in Hard Mode flashpoints.

As a PvP player (That is PvP geared) I HATE doing flashpoints, let alone Hard Modes. That's the one thing I LOVED about SWTOR is that it's basically a single-player MMO. You don't have to enter in with a group of micro-managers with anger management issues that love projecting their own shortcomings onto every other member in the group.

You can just gear-up your companion and power through on your own.

Wish I hadn't wasted the time/credit collecting the pieces I did, but oh well. Another knife in the back of PvPers. Will just wait for the new Warzone.

1. I don't know why people are complaining about this. When BW released that HK-51 was going to be available in-game they said that you were going to need at least a mid-level character of the opposite faction to obtain it. It's been known about for months.

2. I understand this as I'm in the opposite boat. I don't like PVP at all, but if I want to obtain something that iis PVP focused I need to suck it up and just do the PVP. The same holds true for obtaining HK-51. It's PVE content so you better be willing to do some PVE content in order to obtain it.

Edited by Nethelus

AAhhhh BioWare ... A new partner "HK-51" ... A new "pet toy", the Party Jawa ... A new "economy" the Cartel Coins .... New moods and all that sh** BUT ...

NO FRIGGIN BUG CORRECTIONS !!!!

The lag is really bad in 8 players instances !!!!!!

The sabers of our partners stays after they are called out !!!!

The loading time is INCREDIBLY long !!!!!

The game is FULL of bugs but .... you work on moods and stupid friggin flying Throne ?!?!?!

All right ... account created 1 month BEFORE launch ... now I'm out ... Thank you BioWare for your laziness in bug correction, you will loose all subscribers and it's all your fault !

Going back to a company who is respecting their subscribers and I don't think I will ever come back to a BioWare or EA game never ever !!!

Good luck guys !!!

Edited by Atikamekw

I was a beta player and have since played from pre-launch to mid-August with my CE account. I logged in last night to see how things have come since my last time ingame. Besides some new faces, a Cartel cash shop, and a handful of limitations even as a Preferred player, I still ended up renewing my subscription. It was certainly cheaper to renew, claim the Cartel Coins I accumulated for my previous months than to simply buy Coins straight out.

One reason for the claim were the armor sets in the store. I think this was the first time since a month after launch when I really appreciated the appearance of new gear. Whatever you do, keep this/these designer/s around for new gear tiers!

I also didn't realize you needed a subscription to get HK-51 so there again, the resub was worth it. I'm a massive Star Wars nerd who played KOTOR atleast 10 times through. This assassin droid brings back many great memories.

It isn't all positive though. I have missing CE items and missing Cartel Coins. I had to resub to be able to show titles, legacy, and gear that I worked extremely hard to obtain for the previous 8 months I had played. Other than Section X and HK-51, the content is still lacking. Wasn't this content created 6 months ago?

These are just my opinions from a player who really does enjoy SWTOR but wished updates and limitations were re-evaluated.

I have to say I'm dismayed but not surprised at some of the choices made in creating the F2P option. As someone who's played off and on since beta, I felt pretty annoyed and a little insulted that I had to pay to do something as basic as display the titles I'd earned, and legacy name. Forcing people to pay for things that should be standard game features like toggling helmet display, basic companion customization, and being able to use any and all of their quest rewards just seems like too much of a petty cash grab, and an unneeded one with all the other things you are and could be offering on the Cartel Market.

The worst part for me is the 2 total character slots limit. This is seriously annoying, and is the largest culprit in pretty much eliminating my excitement at the F2P option. This really needs to be changed to something reasonable soon. Making it say, 2 or even 4 per server, with a total equal to half of what subscribers get would be so much better, allowing people to play the game in a way that's comfortable for them, while still rewarding subscribers. The goal is to get new and returning people to play the game, not feel constrained and quit due to feeling forced to delete their progress if they want to try something new.

Edited by BlackenedMist

As a PvP player (That is PvP geared) I HATE doing flashpoints, let alone Hard Modes. That's the one thing I LOVED about SWTOR is that it's basically a single-player MMO. You don't have to enter in with a group of micro-managers with anger management issues that love projecting their own shortcomings onto every other member in the group.

Wish I hadn't wasted the time/credit collecting the pieces I did, but oh well. Another knife in the back of PvPers. Will just wait for the new Warzone.

So you do PVP, which requires other players to do, but complain that you need to play with other players to get a piece of PVE content? Doesn't make sense.

I understand that the HK companion is supposed to be challenging to get. But using the Jawa vendor in the PvP area? That makes it COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE. If you had to travel through a PvP area and risk getting caught would be fine. But there is no protected zone around the vendor. And guess what. There are TWENTY-FIVE people waiting there just to jump on you. I went in with 2 friends and in my Battlemaster gear. I do PvP. I do enjoy it. But NOT like this. This is not fun. One on one matches would be fine. Travelling through a pvp zone to get to a safe zone would be fine. Getting gang r@ped is not. Edited by KimbriOnasi

I understand that the HK companion is supposed to be challenging to get. But using the Jawa vendor in the PvP area? That makes it COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE. If you had to travel through a PvP area and risk getting caught would be fine. But there is no protected zone around the vendor. And guess what. There are TWENTY-FIVE people waiting there just to jump on you. I went in with 2 friends and in my Battlemaster gear. I do PvP. I do enjoy it. But NOT like this. This is not fun. One on one matches would be fine. Travelling through a pvp zone to get to a safe zone would be fine. Getting gang r@ped is not.

The new content does seem prone to griefing. Outlaw's Den is a glaring example.

Section X is also festered with griefers. Yesterday one of the imperial guilds decided to camp there, and jump anyone flagged.

I understand that some work should be expected to get this droid but I dont agree with a forced play style. I am always leary of groups because of bad attitudes and arrogance that some players have. I was in group finder the better part of the night waiting to do the last hard mode flashpoint and finally got in. The other three players apparently knew each other, I didn't know any of them. We get down to the very end battle and a couple of us go down, I'm revived only to be booted from the game. Needless to say I was more then a little PO'd. I'm not sure now if I will even bother to finish much less continue with the game.:mad:

HK-51 is still bugged, I got him on my Sith Warrior and he was buck nekkid. I then for some reason unlocked him on an alt and he had the full complement of orange gear with blue mods but they were all max level. So far the gear isn't scaling to match the character level and it seems like this isn't a surprise to anyone but us players.