Remove Security Key?

pischto

yeah is BioWare thinking? I can never call as I am mute. I have one friend who could call but they aren't female so BioWare would assume that's just some hacker talking. What do I do? :(

They'll just use the security questions as verification. As long as you give the answers to the person calling on your behalf, it should be fine.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll just use the security questions as verification. As long as you give the answers to the person calling on your behalf, it should be fine.

Maybe but i don't remember those. Plus the person might be out of town when i need to call(but I can't call). They should make it easier. I remember doing those questions fast long ago because I didn't think I'd be playing this game past 2 days and just wanted to get in quickly.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Call the customer service to remove your security key only take about 5 mins. You should call the CS if you can.

Yes 5 very much paid minutes from europe countries other than Germany - I am from Czech republic and i paid for the call like twice a price of one month subscrption (almost 30 euro for one call) - and only what they need me to do was to answer - some hyspanic lady who had pronunciation like my grandpa - my security questions - that should be done on these sites! Why should I call and pay?

Is there a way now to backup the mobile app on android, and succesfully restore it ? i wanna use a new rom...

Backup programs seems to not work with these i had the same problem :(

Backup programs seems to not work with these i had the same problem :(

That's by design with these kinds of apps.

When I resubbed a week or two before 1.3 I called and had them remove the physical token from my account, then I activated the one of my tablet and it's been great thus far. I hope it will be that easy if I decide to root my TF and need to remove the key first.

• 3 months later...
i think the customer service is *********** horrible they really fail i got a new phone and i need 2 add the security key for that mobile how the **** can i do that when i need 2 call them 2 remove the one i already have -.- Edited by Laxitydrag
typo

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It's really not that hard of a process, aside from sitting on hold for a little while, I had to do it 3 times last week when my phone was bugged and kept resetting everything. like a 3 min phone call. granted should be an option to do this from within the account but it's not hard as long as you know your own information to your account. Edited by Athuz

Simple rule of thumb for anything:

If you enable something (whether it's a security key, a mobile phone text service, a contract of any kind) you should be able to disable it using the exact same method (whether it's through a webpage, by EMail, by telefone or signed document).

Holy thread necro, but I'll bite. ;)

That's not possible, as that would be a security flaw. If you were able to remove your security in the same way as adding it (e.g. just user/password), there would be no point in having it. The security key is there to prevent people from accessing your account with just user password, so you can't allow that. To be able to remove the key, you need at least the same level of security (e.g. login with user/pass/SK first). BW/EA take this a step further by requiring you to call, which is not an extra layer of security per se, but does cost money (and leaves a trace), so it's less viable for hackers.

• 3 weeks later...
Ummmm, it would not be a security flaw. In order to login while you have an authenticator attached, you'd have to input a code from it still. It would still be secure logging in. Removing it would probably also require a code entry from it to authenticate. I don't see how a phone call is more secure than this. Personally, I think BW just didn't care enough to make that mechanic, not that it's too insecure.

Really i thought the security idea was cool.....until i realized i had to have my phone nailed to pants whenever im by my computer now. I wish they would make some sort of google chrome app like they did the mobile apps, because sometimes im charging my phone, and my computer is nowhere near the charger!

• 3 months later...

Just a quick update because I did not see any mention of this in the few pages of this thread that I read before calling customer service:

YOU CAN DISABLE THE SECURITY KEY YOURSELF FROM THE WEB NOW.

Try to log-in to the site (without security code) and click the 'Lost Security Key' option. It will send you a one time password via your email and remove the key requirement from the account. I hope this helps someone, I called CS this morning only to find out that I did not need to.

:rak_03: